Headliner predictions 2017

swede

My abiding memory of this year is Neil predicting the three pretty early on (not sure how early on mind, may only have been around the turn of the year), while the rest of us were doing mental gymnastics trying to imagine a scenario when it wasn't Muse/Adele (Coldplay was always happening).

Compared to 2015 this was a lock in from the early going.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

My abiding memory of this year is Neil predicting the three pretty early on (not sure how early on mind, may only have been around the turn of the year), while the rest of us were doing mental gymnastics trying to imagine a scenario when it wasn't Muse/Adele (Coldplay was always happening).

Yeah so inevitable disappointing headliner aside, people are somehow more happy to stick with two of Radiohead, Stone Roses and Daft Punk than two of Adele and Muse. :P

This is where Bono and the boys ride in on their lemon and ruin the party.

Or turn it into a different sort of party...

Edited by dentalplan

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah so inevitable disappointing headliner aside, people are somehow more happy to stick with two of Radiohead, Stone Roses and Daft Punk than two of Adele and Muse. :P

This is where Bono and the boys ride in on their lemon and ruin the party.

I'll never forgive you for putting 'Bono lemon party' into my head.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It was around October when Neil seemed fairly set on those three, wasn't it? 

I've only been following the Glastonbury portion of this site for 3 years now, so those with longer tenure can correct me, but the headliners seem to be getting sorted (or at least accurate rumours are coming out) a lot earlier than previous years. Generally speaking of course - I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule for a festival with such long history.

7 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Other Stage's headliners? 

The National, Kendrick Lamar, Flaming Lips, Justice, Frank Ocean?

Friday opener: Liam Gallagher and the Smashed Potatoes

If the current Pyramid headline rumours turn out to be true that would be painful! 

Rounding up some suggestions from coachella boards

Daft Punk

Frank Ocean / Bon Iver (coheadline)

Beyonce

seems to be a trio that's being thrown around a lot - 

(I know we were talking about this earlier but I forgot to mention)

a very likely trio, only indication it has on glastonbury (if true) is that Daft Punk might be happening, and Bon Iver would probably command a pretty high slot (potentially pyramid sub) if booked.

10 hours ago, Ovechkin said:

Other Stage's headliners? 

The National, Kendrick Lamar, Flaming Lips, Justice, Frank Ocean?

Friday opener: Liam Gallagher and the Smashed Potatoes

Ah, the Justice playing the Other Stage request/guess that has been doing the rounds since Michael Eavis was knee high to a grasshopper.