Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Right then, announcement Friday, who do we want to see? I'd love to see some early main stage rock names. Thinking of bands like Enter Shikari, Slaves, Cabbage, Blossoms. Still praying for Biffy, Kasabian and The Killers but I know that would be greedy!

Either way, I'm always miles of but here's hoping!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

Right then, announcement Friday, who do we want to see? I'd love to see some early main stage rock names. Thinking of bands like Enter Shikari, Slaves, Cabbage, Blossoms. Still praying for Biffy, Kasabian and The Killers but I know that would be greedy!

Either way, I'm always miles of but here's hoping!

brother that's the best bit that's been written on here in ages.

if they all got announced I would be celebrating in style tonight

Just now, Skankhunt42 said:

brother that's the best bit that's been written on here in ages.

if they all got announced I would be celebrating in style tonight

I always think RW has really strong mainstage early acts. I remember Marmozets blowing me away as the first band on stage in 2015. Vintage Trouble, The Van Jets and Kensington all 2016 main stage bands that I hadn't come across before that I now listen to an awful lot!

12 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

I would die happy. Although i bet i would also have some awful clashes!

Yeah I was so bothered by this also.... I can imagine Wolfmother heading barn, correct me if i'm wrong. I think I would only possible take that on the Friday as I like Radiohead but I am not crazy about them yet and there is so much material to plough through. 

34 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

I'm hoping for some Belgian act that I've never heard of before...

(Now I'll be happy either way)

There are a lot of great unknown belgian bands : Roscoe, Dan San, School is cool, Warhola, Tout va bien, Siam, Mustii, Amatorski, Brns, Piano Club, Ghinzu, Konoba, Black box revelation, Tommigun (rumplestitchkin), Sioen, Girls in Hawaii, Boogie Belgique, Ulysse, Alaska gold rush, Intergalactic lovers, Soldier's heart, Puggy, Solskins,...  I created a playlist youtube with some belgian bands if you want more great music (https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1xI6ZK3up6EzywjGVnRHfUSoVSAiuj5a)

Edited by gunther Mickey

1 minute ago, gunther Mickey said:

There are a lot of great unknown belgian bands : Roscoe, Dan San, School is cool, Warhola, Tout va bien, Siam, Mustii, Amatorski, Brns, Piano Club, Ghinzu, Konoba, Black box revelation, Tommigun (rumplestitchkin), Sioen, Girls in Hawaii, Boogie Belgique, Ulysse,...

Fleddy melculy! 

10 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

There are a lot of great unknown belgian bands : Roscoe, Dan San, School is cool, Warhola, Tout va bien, Siam, Mustii, Amatorski, Brns, Piano Club, Ghinzu, Konoba, Black box revelation, Tommigun (rumplestitchkin), Sioen, Girls in Hawaii, Boogie Belgique, Ulysse,...

True. Having taken Belgium as a foster home since 3 years now, I am always amazed how such a tiny country can produce so many good quality bands and musicians. They do, tbf, support their young talents a lot on the radio, local festivals, contests, etc. so no surprise they have a flourishing music scene.

Edited by carlosd