Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

2 hours ago, Alc21 said:

Anybody know what the situation is like for getting things stolen? 

I've never camped, but have heard a number of stories over the years of tents being robbed of valuables. If I did camp, I wouldn't think twice about getting a locker, even if it was just one of the small sized ones, to keep things like passports, travel docs, and other valuables safe in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Alc21 said:

Anybody know what the situation is like for getting things stolen? 

I've camped three years and my experience is: with common sense, you don't have to worry. For instance, nothing says 'there's something valuable inside' more than a padlock so bring one but put it inside so you can't see it from the outside. If you leave your chair/beer/anything outside once you go to the site don't expect it to remain there when you come back so after you're done with the pregame take all your belongings and put'em inside your tent (especially the last day. I lost my chair two years ago :( ).

The vibe is great and you're gonna meet tons of people who just want to have fun. You'll share a few drinks, have a laugh and have the time of your life so relax and enjoy the best week of the year. Oh, and don’t be afraid to engage with Spaniards! We don’t bite and are usually more than welcome to have a drink with you, sing Will Grig's on fire and have a blast :) 

Edited by Nesser

Our flight gets into Alicante at 11.30pm Weds night so we're looking at a coach about 1am to Castellon then a taxi from Castellon to Beni at around 5.30am. Do people know if it's easy/cheap enough to get a taxi from Castellon at that time?

Or is there any other public transport you can get at 5.30am from there?

Edited by ConorC

Anyone in the know reckon there's still room for London Grammar (available Friday/Saturday) or even Lana Del Rey (any day) or are their potential slots full? Fully expected to see LG on there, disappointed they weren't announced. Seems little point in holding anyone back so is it possible there are still negotiations taking place with acts of that size based on knowledge previous years?

I assume negotiations ended a while ago tbh. They may have booked London Grammar but haven't announced it yet but if the last batch of names were leaded by 2manydjs the next one could be leaded by LG, yeah. Having said that, they're playing Lisbon on Friday and France on Sunday plus the next bunch of names will likely be just spanish bands and the rest of the South Beach stage so I wouldn't hold my breath for LG -but I'm still hoping for Mount Kimbie so who I am to say anything lol-.

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice, I have two tickets for the festival but can no longer attend. Will i have a problem giving my tickets to friends or reselling them? I'm unsure if the payment card or ID of the individual who paid for the tickets is needed to collect wristbands.

I don't want them to go to waste, so i'd greatly appreciate some help!

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, adamjz said:

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice, I have two tickets for the festival but can no longer attend. Will i have a problem giving my tickets to friends or reselling them? I'm unsure if the payment card or ID of the individual who paid for the tickets is needed to collect wristbands.

I don't want them to go to waste, so i'd greatly appreciate some help!

Thanks.

it won't be a problem if you want to re sell , I have bought around 40 tickets for fam and friends over the years and its never an issue

2 hours ago, Nesser said:

I assume negotiations ended a while ago tbh. They may have booked London Grammar but haven't announced it yet but if the last batch of names were leaded by 2manydjs the next one could be leaded by LG, yeah. Having said that, they're playing Lisbon on Friday and France on Sunday plus the next bunch of names will likely be just spanish bands and the rest of the South Beach stage so I wouldn't hold my breath for LG -but I'm still hoping for Mount Kimbie so who I am to say anything lol-.

Thank you. Bandsintown has LG listed on the Thursday in Lisbon and Sunday in France - making it a little more likely. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic 

1 hour ago, Mattd1205 said:

Thank you. Bandsintown has LG listed on the Thursday in Lisbon and Sunday in France - making it a little more likely. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic 

They appear on the Thursday because that's the day the festival starts. If you check the official website they are listed on the 14th, Friday.

And re: reselling tickets: not a problem at all. Never asked for an ID.

Just now, Nesser said:

They appear on the Thursday because that's the day the festival starts. If you check the official website they are listed on the 14th, Friday.

And re: reselling tickets: not a problem at all. Never asked for an ID.

Oh of course. Should've noticed that, I thought it was a gig. Especially after I called out a guy who was adamant that RHCP were playing the Thursday at Beni...at 6pm. Thanks - dream is fading