Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

Evenin' all!

Popping my Beni cherry this year so looking for any advice to get me through the week. Flying over on the Saturday before to Barcelona, staying there for a night then planning to travel to Benicassim late Sunday evening/early Monday morning. What's the best option here to make sure we can get into the campsite and set up early as possible? And how does the whole campsite thing work, basically turn up and find the best spot, first come first served jobby?

Also, saw Glass Animals in Brighton a few months back and that went off. Hoping they fit into the line up somewhere.

Cheers!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, JGuillem said:

Evenin' all!

Popping my Beni cherry this year so looking for any advice to get me through the week. Flying over on the Saturday before to Barcelona, staying there for a night then planning to travel to Benicassim late Sunday evening/early Monday morning. What's the best option here to make sure we can get into the campsite and set up early as possible? And how does the whole campsite thing work, basically turn up and find the best spot, first come first served jobby?

Also, saw Glass Animals in Brighton a few months back and that went off. Hoping they fit into the line up somewhere.

Cheers!

You get shown to your space when you turn up at the camp site. If you're there on Monday morning you'll be one of the first through so you should have shade.

My first year at Beni this year too, cannot wait! 

I fly to Barcelona thursday evening and plan to stay one night there near the train station and travel early to Beni on Friday morning by train before travelling back to Barca on monday and having 3 nights there recovering :)

I know I'm missing a pretty big chunk of the festival here but my gf graduates on the wednesday hence why we cant fly out til the thursday.

By the time we arrive at Beni on Friday will it be a nightmare getting a pitch? It sounds like all the ones with shade will have gone but how bad is it camping in the sun? Do you think we'd just be able to manage it for 3 nights? It sounds like if you get next to no sleep at the festival but I'm guessing you can just sleep at the beach in the day??

Anyone done it by train from Barca?

How many euros should I take for for the Friday til Monday?

Thanks in adv for any help :)

17 hours ago, JGuillem said:

Evenin' all!

Cheers!

I think the campsite usually opens at Midday on Monday, so be prepared for a wait in the hot morning sunshine

Edited by andytommo

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

The Libertines play two festivals in UK on July 21-23.
Is there a chance for Beni week earlier?

Libs & Kasabian both headlined FIB in 2014, so I'd doubt they'd have a double repeat just 3 years later, not unless Libs were a sub on one of the nights.  What about Placebo though, as either the 4th (cheaper Thu) headline, or a strong sub for Friday night??? 

Edited by andytommo

9 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Libs & Kasabian both headlined FIB in 2014, so I'd doubt they'd have a double repeat just 3 years later, not unless Libs were a sub on one of the nights.  What about Placebo though, as either the 4th (cheaper Thu) headline, or a strong sub for Friday night??? 

Placebo ! would love them to be announced

Kasabian won't be headlining the Friday as they've just confirmed a date in Athens.

I think that makes them nailed on for the Saturday (if Greece isn't too far to travel in 24 hours with equipment etc), as Fri & Sat are the busiest days for the Spanish. Putting 2+2 together this surely means RHCP for the Friday. The Weeknd are the cheap headliner for the Thursday and Sunday is tba. Lots of guesswork there apart from Kasabian not doing the Friday.

1 hour ago, andytommo said:

I like Placebo and it would be awesome to see them at Beni (considering I missed their show of 20th anniversary tour in my city), but they already have two dates in Barcelona and another one in Madrid in April, so IMO there's a little chance for them to be at spanish festivals.
But I agree, they would perfectly fit thursday headline slot.

3 hours ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Kasabian won't be headlining the Friday as they've just confirmed a date in Athens.

I think that makes them nailed on for the Saturday (if Greece isn't too far to travel in 24 hours with equipment etc), as Fri & Sat are the busiest days for the Spanish. Putting 2+2 together this surely means RHCP for the Friday. The Weeknd are the cheap headliner for the Thursday and Sunday is tba. Lots of guesswork there apart from Kasabian not doing the Friday.

I'd be amazed if the Chili's aren't headlining on Saturday night, so this would likely put Kasabian as Sun night headliners, as it's unlikely they'd do back to back nights in Spain & Greece (impossible to shift all of their kit across Europe in just a few hours).   

14 minutes ago, andytommo said:

I'd be amazed if the Chili's aren't headlining on Saturday night, so this would likely put Kasabian as Sun night headliners, as it's unlikely they'd do back to back nights in Spain & Greece (impossible to shift all of their kit across Europe in just a few hours).   

Yeah that's what I thought. Kasabian on the Sunday will be hard work, glad I booked to stay til Tuesday!

Hoping that some if not all of these are added to Benni,

Stereophonics, -Headljner

Manics Sub Headliner

Franz Ferdinand Sub headliner (possible Headliner on las Palmas)

George Ezra Main Stage

Havana Club Las Palmas

The Shimmer Band, Las Palmas

Sherlocks  Razzmataz presents

the Struts Main Stage

Louis Berry FIB Club (razzmatazz presents)

Ham Sandwich Main stage

the Amazons Las Palmas

53 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Stereophonics may be a cheaper and more realistic ask than the Roses, but do they appeal to an older audience? Personally I'd love Phonics but I don't represent the average Benicassim go-er.

Definition of Older?... our group of 10 range from 22 to 60 (I'm 51) and hell yes the 'phonics appeal to at least 8 of us in the 33 to 60 bracket:-)

On 06/02/2017 at 1:05 PM, taylorrogers said:

My first year at Beni this year too, cannot wait! 

I fly to Barcelona thursday evening and plan to stay one night there near the train station and travel early to Beni on Friday morning by train before travelling back to Barca on monday and having 3 nights there recovering :)

I know I'm missing a pretty big chunk of the festival here but my gf graduates on the wednesday hence why we cant fly out til the thursday.

By the time we arrive at Beni on Friday will it be a nightmare getting a pitch? It sounds like all the ones with shade will have gone but how bad is it camping in the sun? Do you think we'd just be able to manage it for 3 nights? It sounds like if you get next to no sleep at the festival but I'm guessing you can just sleep at the beach in the day??

Anyone done it by train from Barca?

How many euros should I take for for the Friday til Monday?

Thanks in adv for any help :)

Me and my friends flew into Barcelona on the Wednesday last year and got the train to benicassim. The train is by far the best way to travel, it is cheaper and faster than the coach transfers!

we stayed in the glamping area so we didn't have to take any camping gear with us, it only cost us €100 for a 4 man tent for the week and it is already set up in the shade.

We only spent about €300 for 5 days there each as the drinks from supermarkets are pretty cheap.

ps. When you book the trains make sure you use the discount from the fib website as it saves you a bit of money