Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

The owners of the beach areas do sell cans and I usually have a few, but you don't find people staggering about. I think Benicassim is quite a relaxed place outside of festival week and that culture remains.

If you're buying vodka to take into the camp site you will need to transfer the contents to a plastic bottle. They check all bags for glass on the way in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure it was Estrella in the arena last year. 

In the supermarkets you can get 24 crates of little beers (like coke cans) for a few euro. We got a cool box on day one, filled it up with cold water from the shower, got a pack of ice from the supermarket and used that to chill our beers. 

I drank on the beach every day - the supermarket down there does pint cans which are in the fridge so nicely chilled. 

4 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Pretty sure it was Estrella in the arena last year. 

In the supermarkets you can get 24 crates of little beers (like coke cans) for a few euro. We got a cool box on day one, filled it up with cold water from the shower, got a pack of ice from the supermarket and used that to chill our beers. 

I drank on the beach every day - the supermarket down there does pint cans which are in the fridge so nicely chilled. 

Yes, it's been Estrella the past couple of years, and they also have the Estrella/Lemon shandy on draft which is quite refreshing, but obviously not as strong. For those who don't know, it's €3/1tkn for a small (33ml) beer, or €9/3tkns for a large one (1L, so approx. 2pt). If there's anything I could find to moan about FIB, and there is only one, it's the price of the drinks inside, but get tanked up outside, or if you're running short on funds, nip out of the festival entrance and buy a cold €1 can of beer off the lucky-lucky men in the car park.

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

Yes, it's been Estrella the past couple of years, and they also have the Estrella/Lemon shandy on draft which is quite refreshing, but obviously not as strong. For those who don't know, it's €3/1tkn for a small (33ml) beer, or €9/3tkns for a large one (1L, so approx. 2pt). If there's anything I could find to moan about FIB, and there is only one, it's the price of the drinks inside, but get tanked up outside, or if you're running short on funds, nip out of the festival entrance and buy a cold €1 can of beer off the lucky-lucky men in the car park.

It's been 9 Euros for a large for a few years now.  I wonder if they'll try to put it up this year?  Do we think there's a chance of another announcement this week?  Or still a couple of weeks away??

24 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

It's been 9 Euros for a large for a few years now.  I wonder if they'll try to put it up this year?  Do we think there's a chance of another announcement this week?  Or still a couple of weeks away??

I think they would be mad to increase the drinks prices again, given that over a third of the festival attendees are from the UK, and the £ is 10-15% weaker to the €, than it was pre-Brexit. False economy, as overall drink token sales would reduce. Re the next announcement, I'm hoping we might hear something by the end of the month.  Doubt there'll be anything this week.

Edited by andytommo

12 hours ago, andytommo said:

I think it's still quite cheap. It works out at about £3.50 a pint. That's no more than my local pub, and much less than UK festivals where a pint is usually £5 these days.

But still, if you have an hour between bands you can't beat a couple of €1 cans outside the festival.

2 hours ago, Toto Schillaci said:

I think it's still quite cheap. It works out at about £3.50 a pint. That's no more than my local pub, and much less than UK festivals where a pint is usually £5 these days.

But still, if you have an hour between bands you can't beat a couple of €1 cans outside the festival.

there was a woman mixing mojitos outside last year , I got her to max it up and she still only charged me 3 euro !!!it was pure booze

It'll be my third benicassim, camping 2007 with mates, hotel intur orange 2009 with then mrs and this year with new partner, her 16 yr old daughter and her mate.

As its been awhile since i last went i cant recall how it works for getting served drinks ... will the two 16 yr olds be able to get tokens? Whats the legal drinking age in spain?  I got them VIP tickets as I thought it might be a bit safer for them...in the previous two times ive been ive not really seen any trouble bar a bit of shoving and pushing at the main stage one time so im not too concerned.  i havent got tickets for me and partner yet, shes not fussed and im take it or leave it, i just wanted the girls to experience it.

can anyone offer advice on which is the best airport to fly into from NE england or manchester airports?  Think Ive flown to alicante and hire car the previous two times.

cheers

EDIT:  seen some of the flight info and stuff about under 18's on the fiberfib site

Edited by esteban
additional info found