rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, OddRon said:

this is on fiberleaks twitter page today

17092105_739820926192407_1741817587_n.png

Another great band, for the lower card, if true. P.s. for anyone who has ever been to Benicassim, and understand that it's a festival for Indie, Alternative & Electronica acts, hen you'd already know (like a few other regulars have said) that Fatboy Slim would be perfect, either as a Thu night headliner, or to follow the Fri/Sat/Sun headliner doing a 2am-4am slot on the main stage.

Just now, eFestivals said:

and Maraworld is (only mostly?) owned by Festival Republic, or their parent legal entities (Gaiety, and Live Nation), i'm pretty sure.

do you have any leads Neil? fib  are being rather stingy with announcements and rather mum  on social media 

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and Maraworld is (only mostly?) owned by Festival Republic, or their parent legal entities (Gaiety, and Live Nation), i'm pretty sure.

SJM got their fingers in the pie too I think. Desmond and Moran bought the majority share when Vince Power was having a bad time with festivals (again). 

I think we may get an announcement in the next fortnight, would sit within previous announcement patterns and the final headliner should then be revealed...

Seen some cheap flights about from Birmingham btw for anyone who has not booked yet, £73 return to Alicante Mon 10th - Mon 17th July if you don't mind the early flight times.

11 hours ago, craigb said:

SJM got their fingers in the pie too I think. Desmond and Moran bought the majority share when Vince Power was having a bad time with festivals (again). 

I thought it was FR that picked up most or all of what Power had owned?

That would give Desmond a share anyway, as FR is part-owned by him.

13 minutes ago, craigb said:

cheers for that information 

I know this was 2013, but could SJM link with The Stone Roses have any bearing on them playing this year??

copied from it

SJM also has a share in V Festival, and are one of the country's biggest concert promoters and were, amongst other things, behind the recent Stone Roses reformation.

35 minutes ago, scanerack said:

I know this was 2013, but could SJM link with The Stone Roses have any bearing on them playing this year??

copied from it

SJM also has a share in V Festival, and are one of the country's biggest concert promoters and were, amongst other things, behind the recent Stone Roses reformation.

Roses played in 2012 so there's a good relationship with the band which means the final headliner could be them.

There was a leaked Snapchat image from Hinds which showed Stone Roses on FIB's artwork but this was way before the last couple of announcements; so either they've fallen through or are holding off to do some lemon stunt in the area for an announcement.

The only reason the Hinds Snapchat story has legs is because their manager is a lead booker at FIB.

But with Kasabian and RHCP already announced it would be unlike FIB to announce someone like Stone Roses on top of those. It is more likely to be someone like Imagine Dragons, Lana Del Rey for the final headliner, but hopefully they pull another big name out of the bag.

On another note, they've just told me the next announcement will be "Very soon!!!!" and when I asked whether it would be next week they sent back " ;) ".

1 hour ago, scanerack said:

copied from it

SJM promote a hell of lot and are behind a lot of tours. Take That could be as likely as Stone Roses on that basis. 

Depends how much money FIB want to chuck at headliners. Stone Roses are known to be money grabbers.

24th November 2015: first headliner (Major Lazer). 

18th December 2015: first wave of names (Lamar, Jamie xx, Demarco...). Two headliners tba.

18th February 2016: second wave of artists (Muse, ChemBros, Massive Attack...). Zero headliners tba.

16th March 2016: third wave of artists + day by day line up.

3rd November 2016: first headliner (RHCP)

20th December 2016: first wave of names (The Weeknd + Foals). Two headliners tba.

25th January 2016: second wave of artists (Kasabian, Tyler, Liam, Ride...). One headliner tba.

My bet: on 9th March we get the next batch of names (last headliner included) and the next week we get the day by day line-up.

44 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

The Weeknd is headlining Latitudes 'sister' festival Longitude... so other crossovers between Longitude/Latitude are certainly possible! 

You can also now 100% rule Weeknd out as being the Saturday Beni headliner 

IMG_8443.JPG

Awesome, that's more fingers pointed to The Weeknd being the cheap Thursday headliner.

The Weeknd sold 1,000,000+ of his most recent album in USA alone, and it was number 1 for over a month. + he will be touring with full production etc. I know Kasabian are a headline act in the UK, but are not the bigger band world wide, album or ticket sales included. 

Just stating facts, Kasabian are better live IMO, but aren't Grammy nominated, touring arenas world wide, or multi-million record selling. 

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

The Weeknd is headlining Latitudes 'sister' festival Longitude... so other crossovers between Longitude/Latitude are certainly possible! 

IMG_8443.JPG

No much I'd (personally) want to take from this line-up, other than CATB (but that's highly unlikely, as they played last year, and are doing Mad Cool) or Loyle Carner.  On the other hand, there's plenty on Latitude's line-up I'd like to see play FIB (Placebo, Fatboy Slim, Temples, Sunflower Bean, The Horrors, Grandaddy)

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

IMG_8443.JPG

So basically the headliners will be :

Thursday - The Weeknd

Friday - Mumford and Sons

Saturday - RHCP

Sunday - Kasabian

Possibly?!