Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

I think it's more like this (sadly), for the last announcement they had 2 versions of the poster; one for the Spanish part of the website, one for the English. It's probably this is the same, non Spanish people won't know Love of Lesbian. That is quite the demotion though! From 2nd tier to 4th tier. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, OddRon said:

I saw this too was just about to post, god I hope so, fiberleaks  mentions that the organisers are trying to book bigger names still apparently 

all 3 of those subs seem too small especially as crystal fighters is 6th down  at rock  werchter  and stormzy  is rather new

Crystal Fighters are synonymous with this festival as they are Spanish, and if Skepta was anything to go by, Stormzy will be more of the same. Both justifiable of such high slots IMO

2 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Crystal Fighters are synonymous with this festival as they are Spanish

'They sing with slightly Spanish accents, and have that sun kissed sound that bands like Deloreancaptured with their debut last year. But just yesterday, I called up the lead singer of Crystal Fighters and discovered he's actually English. The two other main guys in the group are an Englishman and an American. What makes them describe themselves as Spanish is the way they're influenced very heavily by the Basque culture of northern Spain.'

:p 

13 hours ago, OddRon said:

I saw this too was just about to post, god I hope so, fiberleaks  mentions that the organisers are trying to book bigger names still apparently 

all 3 of those subs seem too small especially as crystal fighters is 6th down  at rock  werchter  and stormzy  is rather new

13 hours ago, OddRon said:

Elbow, Primal Scream, FJM, CYHSY ;D

40 minutes ago, OddRon said:

where are you getting that info from? I saw it on the clashfinder but i swear that's all bollocks and guesswork

Just a few names that I'm hoping for, which also happened to be showing on Clashfinder earlier, but that's probably rubbish, as you say. 

12 hours ago, gregory said:

I think it's more like this (sadly), for the last announcement they had 2 versions of the poster; one for the Spanish part of the website, one for the English. It's probably this is the same, non Spanish people won't know Love of Lesbian. That is quite the demotion though! From 2nd tier to 4th tier. 

Good point, but yeah that demotion is so big I'm starting to think it means something. If they'd demoted them to 3rd tier on the poster then I wouldn't think anything of it, but surely they'd at least want to advertise a band who's subheadlining if only to put them out there enough to draw a decent size crowd. Judging by spotify plays (not the best indicator I know) they don't seem big enough to be sub headlining regardless. 

I just thought it was a bit weird, almost like they're embarrassed that they've got them subbing or something.

3 hours ago, mindto said:

On The Courteeners Facebook announcement they posted a different poster without the yellow. Thoughts? 

17240559_10158308822060361_3747306633773887124_o.jpg

Now that is interesting. But doesn't change the fact they have announced F/LP/DM as triple-headliners. Does imply a better headliner fell through at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, Twice said:

Good point, but yeah that demotion is so big I'm starting to think it means something. If they'd demoted them to 3rd tier on the poster then I wouldn't think anything of it, but surely they'd at least want to advertise a band who's subheadlining if only to put them out there enough to draw a decent size crowd. Judging by spotify plays (not the best indicator I know) they don't seem big enough to be sub headlining regardless. 

I just thought it was a bit weird, almost like they're embarrassed that they've got them subbing or something.

I mean they have Los Planetas in a co-headline slot, and most of us don't know them, so...

Love of Lesbian won't be sub, that's for sure. They're kinda big over here but their highest slot will be main stage at 9, before the actual sub of that day. 

I had my doubts with Crystal Fighters so I checked the 2015 line-up and they already subbed on Thursday so, as today, we got Stormzy and Cristal Fighters as subs. Two more to go.

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

Love of Lesbian won't be sub, that's for sure. They're kinda big over here but their highest slot will be main stage at 9, before the actual sub of that day. 

I had my doubts with Crystal Fighters so I checked the 2015 line-up and they already subbed on Thursday so, as today, we got Stormzy and Cristal Fighters as subs. Two more to go.

One more, maybe Courteeners (?), as with the three shared headlines for one of the four nights, there wouldn't be a 'sub' as such on this night.

It's gone a bit quiet which is usually the case just after an announcement. So to get things moving again...

There's about 30 names left to announce. Who are the realistic options?

What do people make of Underworld being added to Clashfinder? Is that purely because whoever's behind @BenicassimFans on Twitter went to see them recently and posted a few pics?

Edited by Toto Schillaci

26 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

It's gone a bit quiet which is usually the case just after an announcement. So to get things moving again...

What do people make of Underworld being added to Clashfinder? Is that purely because whoever's behind @BenicassimFans on Twitter went to see them recently and posted a few pics?

I am not sure, but for me personally would be the perfect send off to the Festival. They have not announced any gig this summer though so i'm not that optimistic!

36 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Got to be a couple of the U.k bands who've brought stuff out/are touring. Would be very suprised if circa waves aren't there, the wombats are doing a little tour around this time.  

45 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

I'd love to see Underworld there so hopefully that happens!

I'm surprised the likes of Editors and Circa Waves aren't there already to be honest so I'm expecting them. The comments about them having a bigger headliner that fell through due to the messy way they announced Foals as coheadline makes me wonder if we might get a coupler of the bigger names. Not headline worthy acts but maybe a Royal Blood, Two Door, Alt-J-esque (yes I know they're an exclusive elsewhere) may make an appearance? 

Im really pleased with the line up so far I just hope the bands I want to see are evenly spread and there's not 10 one day 4 another... would be nice to see Stereophonics there too or a couple of the other 'sing a long mid-evening' type bands like someone else mentioned. 

Other than that I'm struggling to predict, the likes of Pete and Courteeners came right out the blue I didn't see them on many other European lineups this year? So there could be some surprises still to come, I hope so! :D

I think there will be some older retro acts added too.  With the Charlatans new album announcement they would be a great addition.  I'd guess Editors and Circa Waves also to be added, and I thought Richard Ashcroft would be there as well with his mate Liam on the bill.  Those 4 would be a great quarter for me.

1 hour ago, HappyWednesday said:

I think there will be some older retro acts added too.  With the Charlatans new album announcement they would be a great addition.  I'd guess Editors and Circa Waves also to be added, and I thought Richard Ashcroft would be there as well with his mate Liam on the bill.  Those 4 would be a great quarter for me.

I'm still hoping for Ashcroft as well, and would take Charlatans again, they always put on a good show. Circa Waves too, so hope your whole post is correct.

There must be some nostalgic bands to add to the lineup as we don't really have any, Courteeners is as close as it gets currently. I'd love to see Phonics or Elbob but they're arguably both bigger than Foals & definitely bigger than Deadmau5 so I'm not sure if either are possible politically.

1 hour ago, Toto Schillaci said:

I'm still hoping for Ashcroft as well, and would take Charlatans again, they always put on a good show. Circa Waves too, so hope your whole post is correct.

There must be some nostalgic bands to add to the lineup as we don't really have any, Courteeners is as close as it gets currently. I'd love to see Phonics or Elbob but they're arguably both bigger than Foals & definitely bigger than Deadmau5 so I'm not sure if either are possible politically.

I guess Ride are the nostalgia act so far, but surely there will be a few more indie bands in the next couple of announcements.  I'd love a Shed 7 or a James or something added.  Was good last year that they gave out stage times well ahead of the fest.  I also thought they sorted their clashes out really well too and it made sense.  Hope it's the same this year.

6 hours ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Someone's obviously having a little play-up on Clashfinder, as I've seen Primal Scream, Elbow, Father John Misty, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Underworld all listed on there over recent days, but none of them are showing now.  Probably someone from here peeing around!  Saying that, when you look at CF, there aren't actually that many gaps (especially on the main stage) to fill when you take in what's been announced already.  Maybe a decent dance act (or big DJ) to follow the Chili's on Sat night, as Disclosure did after Muse last year???

I too would also like to see a bit of classic indie-guitar stuff/legends, which is all that's pretty much missing at this stage?  Anyone heard any further rumours???  I suppose it will be another month or more, before we get the next wave of announcements?  Who knows.

Edited by andytommo

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

Someone's obviously having a little play-up on Clashfinder, as I've seen Primal Scream, Elbow, Father John Misty, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Underworld all listed on there over recent days, but none of them are showing now.  Probably someone from here peeing around!  Saying that, when you look at CF, there aren't actually that many gaps (especially on the main stage) to fill when you take in what's been announced already.  Maybe a decent dance act (or big DJ) to follow the Chili's on Sat night, as Disclosure did after Muse last year???

I too would also like to see a bit of classic indie-guitar stuff/legends, which is all that's pretty much missing at this stage?  Anyone heard any further rumours???  I suppose it will be another month or more, before we get the next wave of announcements?  Who knows.

It's all changed round now on ClashFinder.  Kasabian have been on the Thursday for a while and now back to Sunday.  I did think that Thursday looked a bit too strong previously, with Ride (def on Thur) Courteeners and Kasabian all on there...  Heavy way to finish if that's right on there now.  Courteeners followed by Kasabian.  Hope I have something left to give by then...

12 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

It's all changed round now on ClashFinder.  Kasabian have been on the Thursday for a while and now back to Sunday.  I did think that Thursday looked a bit too strong previously, with Ride (def on Thur) Courteeners and Kasabian all on there...  Heavy way to finish if that's right on there now.  Courteeners followed by Kasabian.  Hope I have something left to give by then...

....keep a bit left in the tank for the 'Special Guests', after Kasabian, finishing off the whole thing!!!

Disagree that all the lineup is missing is a bit of 'classic indie'.

Don't Ride/Liam Gallagher/Kasabian/Courteeners/Pete Doherty all fall under this sort of bracket?

Lineup needs more hip hop, Tyler is the only major hip hop act there (Stormzy isn't hip hop). 

As much as I'm a fan, no more lad guitar bands at the expense of someone like Chance or Gambino please.

Edited by ConorC