Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sweet! Played the album to absolute death on release so not quite as amped to see them as I was and discovering the singer was also the drummer put me off a little (vocals sound a little shakey from live videos I've seen) but I'll definitely still check them out clashes permitting.

yeah the vocals weren't great at all when I saw them in Brighton, it wasn't a great gig to be honest. They were very much overshadowed by Julia Jacklin in my opinion. I love the album though and some of my friends who have seen them have said only good things so maybe I just caught them on an off day.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Bad news, Iggy Pop is playing a festival in Canada Glastonbury weekend. Pretty gutted.

Ah shite. Was probably always more wishful thinking than incredibly likely but that's still a crap result. Thinking Royal Blood may take the third down Pyramid Friday 'rock' slot now (again, if it exists, which I'm saying it does until proven wrong :P).

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah shite. Was probably always more wishful thinking than incredibly likely but that's still a crap result. Thinking Royal Blood may take the third down Pyramid Friday 'rock' slot now (again, if it exists, which I'm saying it does until proven wrong :P).

Isn't it the over the hill slot?

18 minutes ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

On the topic of the Friday Rock slot, would Blue Öyster Cult work? 

Tour dates certainly leave it possible

http://www.blueoystercult.com/Road/OnTour.html

There's a few possibilities for that slot, if they're still doing it:

B.O.C., Rainbow and Deep Purple to name a few. 

Barry Gibb has no tour dates booked at all and Diana Ross has nothing planned at all apart from New York and Vegas. Fail to see how they can even be rumoured for Glastonbury.

Edited by DrX

36 minutes ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

On the topic of the Friday Rock slot, would Blue Öyster Cult work? 

Tour dates certainly leave it possible

http://www.blueoystercult.com/Road/OnTour.html

I think they'd be in for a considerably lower slot than Motorhead and ZZ Top would demand. At the same time on the Acoustic would work.

8 minutes ago, DrX said:

Barry Gibb has no tour dates booked at all and Diana Ross has nothing planned at all apart from New York and Vegas. Fail to see how they can even be rumoured for Glastonbury.

The website's owner has trusted sources that have said as much. Ross seems less certain than Gibb but they're there for a reason, which isn't tour dates.

For what it's worth, Barry Gibb did have an arena tour of Australia set up but he went on to cancel it because he had "a change in international commitments", though I also read it was binned because he didn't sell enough tickets. The lack of other commitments seemingly indicates which one is true.