Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, henry bear said:

If they do play Glastonbury on the Friday and then go to France they'll have fucked up as they're down for another Spanish gig on Saturday. So their itenerary would read, in consecutive days, Spain, Spain, Glastonbury, Spain, France. Whilst it is possible, it doesn't seem likely.

I can't see confirmation even of their France gig but the other one's are like, Germany Germany Switzerland Germany Austria somewhere else Germany 

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

BBK are not headlining the Other stage.

Skepta played the Pyramid at 2pm last year, and Wiley is halfway down the Saturday lineup at Wireless ffs.

Correct 

I could see them subbing, just actually the more I think about it 

But I think they're more likely for 3rd

33 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Tony Bennett just confirmed for a Dublin show on the Sunday night. I'm thinking mid-afternoon on the Pyramid Saturday - doubly so if Gaga turns out to be there that day too.

No other European dates announced either side of it yet either.  Long way to come for just one gig...

Voice might not be what it once was, but I'd be there if he did show up on the Farm.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Have you misread it by any chance? It doesn't say that in the press release.

Does however claim Nas, Tiller, Yachty, Rae Sremmurd and Thugger. Hopefully that means Noname is playing other events as well.

As exclusives?

I thought they were just listing them as names who were playing?

8 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

This isn't something I want but are Chase & Status in the running? (for Other Stage headliners)

I'd say with who the current options are they unfortunately should be yeah. Huge gap in tour dates for them in June, so I feel like they will have something in place for that. Last played in 2013 as well so long enough ago for the fest to welcome them back, and with a distinct lack of electronic options on offer this year they certainly should be added to the list. 

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Have people already talked about Bruno Mars as a possibility? His tour ends in April, but seems like the kind of act that could make the cut.

The European leg of his tour ends June 15th.. that was discussed briefly at the time it was announced, the general consensus was he wouldn't want to waste half of his month off kicking his heels in Europe just to play Glastonbury but it's not impossible 

19 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The European leg of his tour ends June 15th.. that was discussed briefly at the time it was announced, the general consensus was he wouldn't want to waste half of his month off kicking his heels in Europe just to play Glastonbury but it's not impossible 

Thanks. I saw him a few years ago at Wireless (worst festival I've ever been to!) and he was very very good. Definitely wasn't a fan but was really impressed with his performance. He'd be a great addition, but get that unless playing Glastonbury is a bucket list thing for him, he probably won't bother with a gap like that.

1 hour ago, merago said:

No other European dates announced either side of it yet either.  Long way to come for just one gig...

Voice might not be what it once was, but I'd be there if he did show up on the Farm.

I saw him a couple of years ago in the same venue in Dublin. Pipes were fantastic for a near 90 year old bloke. Finished with Fly Me To the Moon with no mic. And its a big ish venue. 

Would he be the oldest performer ever on a main stage at Glasto if he played? He'll be almost 91. 

Get it gone Eavis!