Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

This isn't something I want but are Chase & Status in the running? (for Other Stage headliners)

Yup, I reckon Chase and Status could be a good shout for Friday night after Royal Blood (if that's where Royal Blood end up - which I think is most likely) 

8 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yup, I reckon Chase and Status could be a good shout for Friday night after Royal Blood (if that's where Royal Blood end up - which I think is most likely) 

Sounds good to me - two acts I couldn't give a toss about on at the same time as Radiohead/their sub.

edit: would also make Justice being on the Friday less likely. Make this happen!

Edited by FloorFiller

2 hours ago, neil_clarky said:

Fleet Foxes must be in with a shout of being Other Headliners

Are they big enough for that? There was much more of a buzz about them when they played in 2011 and they were 3rd down Other then. (Not my cup of tea so may be far bigger than I'm giving them credit for)

6 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are they big enough for that? There was much more of a buzz about them when they played in 2011 and they were 3rd down Other then. (Not my cup of tea so may be far bigger than I'm giving them credit for)

They stank the place up both times they played. 2009 and 2011. 

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They stank the place up both times they played. 2009 and 2011. 

All I remember about the 2011 was the hammering rain through them and Mumford, I was smashed so just having my own fun in the crowd mainly waiting for Primal Scream. When PS finally came on I was in the second row, had no idea how I got there and was dead chuffed that they opened with moving on up. I then proceed to have another black out until someone behind me was tapping me on the shoulder to let me know that my friend beside me was fast asleep, only held up by the weight of the crowd. It was an interesting evening.

14 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

All I remember about the 2011 was the hammering rain through them and Mumford, I was smashed so just having my own fun in the crowd mainly waiting for Primal Scream. When PS finally came on I was in the second row, had no idea how I got there and was dead chuffed that they opened with moving on up. I then proceed to have another black out until someone behind me was tapping me on the shoulder to let me know that my friend beside me was fast asleep, only held up by the weight of the crowd. It was an interesting evening.

I drank my way through that day (and ate dodgy food) and ended up puking out of my tent for 8 hours through Saturday night and was so fucked on Sunday I missed Queens of the Stone Age. :(

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I drank my way through that day (and ate dodgy food) and ended up puking out of my tent for 8 hours through Saturday night and was so fucked on Sunday I missed Queens of the Stone Age. :(

No way! That's such a shame, it was a great set. I'd love to see them back on the farm. With a new album out this year I can see it happening after the fallow year.

Obviously when you look at the other things they're playing or have played it doesn't add up and I don't fully believe it either but I think it has rightly been considered because it's a collective of some of the major artists in what is a massively celebrated, burgeoning scene coming out of the UK at the moment.

Glastonbury is sold out and can afford to throw a spotlight on an act celebrating the height of that movement over some act that has been acknowledged as 'big enough' because it subbed this festival or played that venue. God forbid festivals start celebrating what's happening now over what heritage act can sell the most tickets to affluent Londoners.

Edited by dentalplan

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Obviously when you look at the other things they're playing or have played it doesn't add up and I don't fully believe it either but I think it has rightly been considered because it's a collective of some of the major artists in what is a massively celebrated, burgeoning scene coming out of the UK at the moment.

Glastonbury is sold out and can afford to throw a spotlight on an act celebrating the height of that movement over some act that has been acknowledged as 'big enough' because it subbed this festival or played that venue. God forbid festivals start celebrating what's happening now over what heritage act can sell the most tickets to affluent Londoners.

This, this and 1000 times this.

This attitude is only being questioned by people because it is a genre of music people dont understand or think is 'intimidating'. Glastonbury is the perfect place to showcase exciting and fresh genres of music, and there is nothing that has exploded quite as much as grime over the last few years.

15 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

Anyone posted the Spoon dates yet? Very suggestive

http://www.spoontheband.com/

You could fly a plane through the Glasto sized hole in those dates. A couple of planes actually, both hijacked and being flown erratically by a couple of Saudi lads who don't know how to land the thing.  

Where would will they play? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39064851 good to know he's alive, at least 

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

yaaaaaaaaas :giveheart: