Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

7 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'd love to see Chance The Rapper on the farm, hopefully he's there 

No mention of Chance being a UK festival exclusive (which they would state if he was), and I don't think he's announced playing at any of the other big UK festivals that already announce their line up. Is it a bit optimistic of me to think that he's playing Glasto - that would be amazing

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

There is no way it'll  happen, they aren't that big. If they were topping Parklife on the main stage I might consider it.

The 1975 are topping it and would probably headline Other now, sub at the very most!

Bastille subbed other last year having played in a little tent at parklife a couple of weeks before. Doesn't mean much.

5 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

No mention of Chance being a UK festival exclusive (which they would state if he was), and I don't think he's announced playing at any of the other big UK festivals that already announce their line up. Is it a bit optimistic of me to think that he's playing Glasto - that would be amazing

R&L and glasto are the 2 most realistic options.

I asked a while back on here where chance would play if at glasto. At the time a few people said West Holts. After the grammy's and looking at his wireless billing you'd think he'd be too big for that now. Other?

To be fair, last year there was more grime than you could shake a stick at.  Stormzy and Skepta both had high profile slots, and the only reason that Wylie hasn't played of late was due to him spitting the dummy.  Kano was on the Pyramid entertaining the mandem when every other rocket was crying into their breakfast cuppa that James didn't play Sit Down.

I'm a wee bit on the fence - if it's likely to get a big crowd then they should absolutely do it, but I honestly dunno if it'd be a wasted gesture if hardly anyone shows up.  Is BBK less of a draw than one of them would be on their jack jones - it's not exactly a household name...?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To be fair, last year there was more grime than you could shake a stick at.  Stormzy and Skepta both had high profile slots, and the only reason that Wylie hasn't played of late was due to him spitting the dummy.  Kano was on the Pyramid entertaining the mandem when every other rocket was crying into their breakfast cuppa that James didn't play Sit Down.

I'm a wee bit on the fence - if it's likely to get a big crowd then they should absolutely do it, but I honestly dunno if it'd be a wasted gesture if hardly anyone shows up.  Is BBK less of a draw than one of them would be on their jack jones - it's not exactly a household name...?

Exactly what I'm saying.. far better to give them all an individual chance to shine. Also, at the rate he's going, by the time the festival rolls around Stormzy will be bigger than BBK ever was, BBK becomes less relevant as the stars it's involved and inspired break out on their own 

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Kano played the Pyramid? 

He played with the Syrian All Stars.

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Exactly what I'm saying.. far better to give them all an individual chance to shine. Also, at the rate he's going, by the time the festival rolls around Stormzy will be bigger than BBK ever was, BBK becomes less relevant as the stars it's involved and inspired break out on their own 

OK - cool.  Big slots for all of them...but then it's quibble time as to whether, say, Stormzy is gonna be a big enough deal by June to headline the Other.  WH or maybe JPT feels about the right size.

Though Sonic was packed last year and he wasn't the last thing on.

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Stormzy has nothing to do with Boy Better Know. You can't just point at people and put them in Boy Better Know!

It's never necessary to point out who Boy Better Know is at other festivals but if it benefits all the rubberneckers who've heard Skepta mentioned but have never listened to him then they can list it in the programme and on the website as 'Boy Better Know (Skepta, JME, Wiley, Frisco, Jammer, thingy, wotsit, etc.)'. Skepta can't fill an hour and fifteen/thirty on his own.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Stormzy has nothing to do with Boy Better Know. You can't just point at people and put them in Boy Better Know!

No I know, that's why I said 'inspired by', could've worded it better tho, apols

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He played with the Syrian All Stars.

OK - cool.  Big slots for all of them...but then it's quibble time as to whether, say, Stormzy is gonna be a big enough deal by June to headline the Other.  WH or maybe JPT feels about the right size.

if he's collaborating with Ed Sheeran I'd rule nothing out at this stage (within reason, obvs, he's not headlining the Pyramid)

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah Stormzy is currently on the biggest of hype trains.

But then it could all fizzle out with a shit album on friday. Strangely he has been helped by not releasing an album thus far. Could all go tits up for him once he does.

The reviews have been pretty strong so far, the consensus is he's breaking out of grime and it's gonna sound a bit like Chance the Rapper's stuff/ The Life of Pablo which could go down pretty well.

9 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The reviews have been pretty strong so far, the consensus is he's breaking out of grime and it's gonna sound a bit like Chance the Rapper's stuff/ The Life of Pablo which could go down pretty well.

There's a Mr Muscle joke in here somewhere

1 minute ago, No Cars Go said:

Van Morrison playing in the U.K. Week before at Hampton Court Palace 17th June.  Hopefully they can get him this year.

Keep forgetting about #RightVan but yeah I think it's Michael's favourite artist and didn't he confirm him a couple of years ago? Dates either side in Europe so should be a goer.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Keep forgetting about #RightVan but yeah I think it's Michael's favourite artist and didn't he confirm him a couple of years ago? Dates either side in Europe so should be a goer.

Yeah someone on here, maybe JoeyT, was speaking to Michael shortly before the announcement in 2015 (I think?) and Michael said Van Morrison was playing then when he wasn't announced we were all baffled, I think he played the Extravaganza that year though or at least a year either side. I can see him playing this year though, Saturday evening like Robert Plant, Elvis Costello etc in the last few years.