Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah on the face of it the acts announced are your general pop fodder so you think that it'll be the same sales for V. But despite having two alright headliners imo, theres not a lot actually there that will really drive ticket sales - like has been said, even the headliners dont strike you as being 'in demand' to see.

Argument we have had a work this morning - Jay Z or Eminem, who is the 'bigger' (whatever that means) act, and who is a better booking?

Just now, mjsell said:

Argument we have had a work this morning - Jay Z or Eminem, who is the 'bigger' (whatever that means) act, and who is a better booking?

Eminem is the bigger booking/ticket seller by far. As for better, that's a matter of taste really - both have done the UK festival scene quite recently (Jay Z at Wireless 2013 - Eminem at R/L the same year). Eminem day at R/L will almost definitely sell out, whereas I doubt people will be flocking to see Jay Z in such a manner.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eminem is the bigger booking/ticket seller by far. As for better, that's a matter of taste really - both have done the UK festival scene quite recently (Jay Z at Wireless 2013 - Eminem at R/L the same year). Eminem day at R/L will almost definitely sell out, whereas I doubt people will be flocking to see Jay Z in such a manner.

This was my argument. I imagine V might actually lose some punters to R&L for Eminem's day.

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Jay-Z. An old Nokia is more relevant than Eminem now 

When has relevancy ever impacted on the booking of Headliners?

4 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Have you seen they've just re-released the Nokia 3310 with 40 hours battery life though....?

Thats not very good though is it? Unless thats what you mean by your comment.

My old Nokia 3410 had about a week battery life. And you can even get smartphones now that have around 40/50 hours I believe.

Seems nostalgia isnt just rife in the festival industry

Edited by mjsell

As the average forum member here isn't likely the target audience for V these days I'm not sure this is the place to judge the line up really. They've obviously decided to go away from the type of line ups they used to have and I suppose there's plenty of festivals around to see the stuff that's more popular round here. Just think V is what it is these days so not much point being snobby or annoyed by it 

4 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Flaming Lips playing in Hull on the Saturday. Not sure if they are a festival exclusive anywhere though

Playing a couple of UK fests so not an exclusive anywhere. Guess it's Sunday night or nothing (as I'm assuming they won't be on at the same time as Radiohead).

edit: oh wait it's the Sunday they're in Hull. Saturday night or nothing then! (although looks like I'll be missing them as predicted if that's the case).

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, radioahed said:

Flaming Lips playing in Hull on the Saturday. Not sure if they are a festival exclusive anywhere though

That's mad. Why have they picked that weekend? Scream and Bunnymen too! :(

But yeah that's a great indicator for the Lips and they're not exclusive anywhere. Rules Primal Scream out but I didn't expect them to return anyway.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Playing a couple of UK fests so not an exclusive anywhere. Guess it's Sunday night or nothing (as I'm assuming they won't be on at the same time as Radiohead).

edit: oh wait it's the Sunday they're in Hull. Saturday night or nothing then! (although looks like I'll be missing them as predicted if that's the case).

Nah it's Saturday. They could be on earlier than Radiohead too tho.

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Thats not very good though is it? Unless thats what you mean by your comment.

My old Nokia 3410 had about a week battery life. And you can even get smartphones now that have around 40/50 hours I believe.

Seems nostalgia isnt just rife in the festival industry

To be honest, I don't really know what I meant! Just saw the article the other day and thought I'd relate the two.

Nostalgia is important, but looking forward equally so. A balance between the two is good

Just now, dentalplan said:

Nah it's Saturday. They could be on earlier than Radiohead too tho.

http://www.seetickets.com/event/the-flaming-lips/zebedee-s-yard-hull/1076125

Says Sunday here (unless that's what you were getting at and didn't see my edit).

And you're right about being on earlier, but I still think they're gonna headline somewhere if they're there - it's become tradition for the Friday Other to be terrible so I wouldn't have thought they'd be in the mix there.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Are Flaming Lips playing Hull on both the Saturday and Sunday then or has somebody fucked up on one of those date announcements? :wacko:

I imagine See have stuffed it up rather than the festival. But on your earlier point I think they could be 3 or 4 down the Other Stage on Friday so it wouldn't clash with Radiohead and wouldn't be the shit slot.

They're also doing Friday 12th August in Birmingham - same event, same support - and that's presumably as a warm up to Boardmasters so fingers crossed these are both warm ups. :D

Still fucking NARKED that they're playing a yard in my neck of the woods and I'm at some bloooooody festival.

Edited by dentalplan