Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

I wish someone could give me a definitive explanation of the term 'relevant' when used to describe an act playing a festival. It gets used a lot on this forum and I've never really understood it. Is an act's relevance based on recent popularity or the success of their latest album/tour? Is good music (in the ear of the beholder), good music no matter which era it came from? 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're also doing Friday 12th August in Birmingham - same event, same support - and that's presumably as a warm up to Boardmasters so fingers crossed these are both warm ups. :D

Looking good then!

Fully expecting them to headline the JP on the Sunday myself and I'm sure that'd make a lot of people from here happy.

That's Flaming Lips locked in for the Sunday then. Can't see them anywhere else.

Someone update the Clashfinder!

So, we're looking at:

Friday:

PS: Radiohead
WH:
JP:
PA:

Saturday

PS: Foo Fighters
WH: The Jacksons
JP:
PA:

Sunday

PS: Ed Sheeran
WH:
JP: The Flaming Lips
PA:

Or something to that effect?

Just now, DownboundTrain52 said:

NOBODY update the Clashfinder. :P

But aye if they do headline John Peel then it's Sunday, if they play a lower slot then whenever Friday or Sunday. I think we can be very confident now though, as the other leg of this event seems to have been arranged to coincide with a festival appearance so I'll be surprised if this wasn't.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Still fucking NARKED that they're playing a yard in my neck of the woods and I'm at some bloooooody festival.

I'm the same! Would love to see both bands that weekend but alas i am at Glastonbury. I just hope they sell well (I think they will) and we keep getting bands coming to the area

6 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

That's Flaming Lips locked in for the Sunday then. Can't see them anywhere else.

So, we're looking at:

Friday:

WH:
JP:
PA:

Saturday

JP:
PA:

Sunday

WH:
PA:

I think there was info for Alt-J to go up against Ed so stick them on the Sunday Other - seem far more likely than The Prodigy or Green Day.

And it may end up happening but I'd say Bon Iver is looking less likely now. Whole thing is still wide open really - unless we get info soon those Other headliners are gonna be quite a surprise.

5 minutes ago, radioahed said:

I'm the same! Would love to see both bands that weekend but alas i am at Glastonbury. I just hope they sell well (I think they will) and we keep getting bands coming to the area

Yep. This was the City of Culture payoff I was hoping for but aye, perhaps it'll lead to future good things.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think there was info for Alt-J to go up against Ed so stick them on the Sunday Other - seem far more likely than The Prodigy or Green Day.

And it may end up happening but I'd say Bon Iver is looking less likely now. Whole thing is still wide open really - unless we get info soon those Other headliners are gonna be quite a surprise.

Nah the info has only ever been alt-J playing Other Stage. They're in Germany on Fri/Sun now so looks like Saturday. I can't imagine Lawny's info being duff so it'll probably happen.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So why can't the Flaming Lips play Friday?

Wayne missed out on Radiohead tickets due to ticket bots! He's not missing them.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah the info has only ever been alt-J playing Other Stage. They're in Germany on Fri/Sun now so looks like Saturday. I can't imagine Lawny's info being duff so it'll probably happen.

Well that's one less headliner clash for me to have to worry about on the Saturday so I'll take it. Now if we could just have NIN on the Other on the Sunday that'd be swell (or if not Flaming Lips isn't a bad way to end the festival either).

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe Wayne, Drozd and Miley Cyrus have demanded to play the Friday night so they can go for a drink afterwards with the Radiolads.

I think Radiohead and Miley have substantial beef. She once vowed to ruin them. Maybe her affiliation with the Lippies was the long game and she's gonna financially ruin Radiohead by swiping their credit card details.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well that's one less headliner clash for me to have to worry about on the Saturday so I'll take it. Now if we could just have NIN on the Other on the Sunday that'd be swell (or if not Flaming Lips isn't a bad way to end the festival either).

Yeah I'm worried that they'll put something good on the Other Stage now Ed is lined up for Pyramid so I could do without Flaming Lips headlining a stage. Either that or a Chemical Brothers shaped plug again will do the trick.

30 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

So, we're looking at:

Friday:

WH:
JP:
PA:

Saturday

JP:
PA:

Sunday

WH:
PA:

Liking the look of this, although Saturday is a bit clashtastic. 

WH: Jamiroquai
JP: Courteeners
PA: Moderat 

Saturday

JP: Bonobo
PA: Jesus & Mary Chain

Sunday

WH: Kraftwerk 
PA: Wild Beasts 

is my work-in-progress prediction atm  

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

WH: Jamiroquai
JP: Courteeners
PA: Moderat 

Saturday

JP: Bonobo
PA: Jesus & Mary Chain

Sunday

WH: Kraftwerk 
PA: Wild Beasts 

is my work-in-progress prediction atm  

I keep forgetting about Kraftwerk! Hoping for that to be my Sunday night.

That Friday, though, yech. Aside from Radiohead obvs and possibly Moderat.