JP: Bonobo
PA: Jesus & Mary Chain

Sunday

PS: Ed Sheeran
WH: Kraftwerk 
JP: The Flaming Lips
PA: Wild Beasts 

is my work-in-progress prediction atm  

Justice still seems so wrong to me in an Other headline/closing position. Even if we're to believe a similar closing act/headliner thing happened with The xx/Smashing Pumpkins and even Deadmau5/Ben Howard, those two acts (The xx and Deadmau5) were considerably bigger than Justice at the time of topping Other.

Just now, Kalopsia said:

Are biffy Clyro a U.K. Festival exclusive at download? 

Nope but they're also playing TRSNMT festival and are almost definitely not gonna be at Glastonbury

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

PS: Radiohead
WH: Jamiroquai
JP: Courteeners
PA: Moderat 

Saturday

PS: Foo Fighters
WH: The Jacksons

Sunday

WH: Kraftwerk 

is my work-in-progress prediction atm  

Lots of men 

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

WH: Damian Marley
PA: Orbital

WH: Jamiroqai

Mate, you did not just clash Orbital and Radiohead. Come now. 

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

yeah there're usually 1 or 2 female-fronted acts headlining those main stages across the whole weekend, and they'll be trying to do a better job of that this year with there being no female-fronted main headliners.

7 minutes ago, mjsell said:

really bad lol

Just now, nodolphie said:

Just noticed Jess Glynne isn't on the line up page, she's got a gap for Glasto weekend (Belfast Thur 22nd June, Italy Mon 26th June). Shes down for other festivals too so no exclusivity. http://jessglynne.co.uk/#live

I wouldn't mind seeing her again. Feel good music, and she does write her own stuff.

pyramid fodder middle of the day

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

PYR: Radiohead, The XX
OTHER: Fucking anyone but Boy Better Know FFS  they aren't headlining the other stage 

PYR: Foo Fighters, Alt J, Royal Blood
OTHER: Justice

PYR: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd
OTHER: Green Day

I give up lol I dunno anymore, this year is a bit hard to predict

Fixed that a touch 

12 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

yeah there're usually 1 or 2 female-fronted acts headlining those main stages across the whole weekend, and they'll be trying to do a better job of that this year with there being no female-fronted main headliners.

Who do you suggest?

The only names that spring to my mind that are possible stage headliners are Bjork, London Grammar & Goldfrapp (I am now prepared for loads of other names to be thrown about)

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think they will, either headline it or sub it - but I can't actually think of many candidates for the other this year

Yeah we've gone from being overloaded with Pyramid sub/Other headliner options to struggling to come up with many realistic options. Alt-J vs. Foos is one but I couldn't fathom a guess at who the other two will be (but I know for sure they ain't gonna be Justice, Boy Better Know or Green Day).

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

As beautiful and magical as it would be I'm inclined to agree 

I doubt they would take anything other than headlining the other stage as they have done in the past.

Some people wouldn't call them big enough for that now which is probably right but they won't do it unless they are headlining an outdoor stage, like they are at Bluedot

The park hasn't the technical capability or size for a light show that they would need, I wouldn't say. West Holts could work (a la disclosure) but that looks full for this year.

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, Memory Man said:

the female touches to the lineup could easily be in the middle order. None of them have to headline, just as long as there are plenty of female artists across the main stages which there will be

currently on the predictions there isn't really enough, not even in any personal opinion, just compared to usual lineups - if you go on the stage predictions thread you can see that there definitely needs to be a few more women here and there to live up to the same level as the past few years.

Anyone think that ATCQ could actually headline Other?

I know everyone was predicting West Holts to begin with but then they became a popular addition to the pyramid during the day on predictions - which I'm not quite sure why. What with Neil suggesting Saturday Other might have a hip hop vibe to it, should they be considered on there as headliners or maybe subs?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah we've gone from being overloaded with Pyramid sub/Other headliner options to struggling to come up with many realistic options. Alt-J vs. Foos is one but I couldn't fathom a guess at who the other two will be (but I know for sure they ain't gonna be Justice, Boy Better Know or Green Day).

I think the pyramid on the saturday will go Foo Fighters, Alt J, Royal Blood (unless there's something I don't know).

I can see Foo Fighters v Justice (justice will get a small crowd but I guess that's just how it is)

My guess is that neil's info was probably right but delivered to him in a confusing way and the other headliners are Boy Better Know, Justice and Green Day. I am only believing the Green Day info now because I can't actually think of anyone else and the info linking them to the sunday and clashing with ed sheeran seems a bit genuine since (even I) was certain ed was gonna be on the saturday.

Procrastinating in a lecture so I wrote this pretty quick so apologies if its a bit muddled.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

currently on the predictions there isn't really enough, not even in any personal opinion, just compared to usual lineups - if you go on the stage predictions thread you can see that there definitely needs to be a few more women here and there to live up to the same level as the past few years.

Since when has this website predicted every act correctly.... never. There are always surprises and those you didn't expect to be playing.