Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

Since when has this website predicted every act correctly.... never. There are always surprises and those you didn't expect to be playing.

But we want to know every single act playing! Until the lineup comes out we will speculate and speculate until we think we have it all right, and then we're still surprised when it's out! Win/win situation!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think the pyramid on the saturday will go Foo Fighters, Alt J, Royal Blood (unless there's something I don't know).

I can see Foo Fighters v Justice (justice will get a small crowd but I guess that's just how it is)

My guess is that neil's info was probably right but delivered to him in a confusing way and the other headliners are Boy Better Know, Justice and Green Day. I am only believing the Green Day info now because I can't actually think of anyone else and the info linking them to the sunday and clashing with ed sheeran seems a bit genuine since (even I) was certain ed was gonna be on the saturday.

Procrastinating in a lecture so I wrote this pretty quick so apologies if its a bit muddled.

Royal Blood pretty much nailed on for the Friday as they're playing other festivals in Europe that weekend which would mean a lot of flying back and forth if they played any other day

Can't see Alt-J subbing Foos and still think it'll be Gaga if that rumour comes true.

And I just can't see them having Boy Better Know (not big enough), Justice (definitely not big enough) and Green Day (way too big) topping Other. Just seems so off to me. Alt-J, a dance act up against Radiohead (Chase & Status? Some other shit?) and then a big question mark vs. Sheeran but assuming something a bit rockier, which I know Green Day fit the bill for but I just can't see it (but am prepared to be proven wrong on that one).

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Craig David now down as a TBC?! Where would he go? Middle of the day Pyramid? Sub?

Think he'll be subbing Sheeran, he's absolutely massive, selling out multiple arena shows on his current tour.

Edited by Acid_Haze

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I know his career's out of the doldrums for the time being,  but surely not to the extent that he'll be on in the later half of the day.....(?)

Yeah I literally have no idea...

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Somewhere in Silver Hayes I'd wager.

...although this is a good call. Thursday night East 17 slot?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood pretty much nailed on for the Friday as they're playing other festivals in Europe that weekend which would mean a lot of flying back and forth if they played any other day

Can't see Alt-J subbing Foos and still think it'll be Gaga if that rumour comes true.

And I just can't see them having Boy Better Know (not big enough), Justice (definitely not big enough) and Green Day (way too big) topping Other. Just seems so off to me. Alt-J, a dance act up against Radiohead (Chase & Status? Some other shit?) and then a big question mark vs. Sheeran but assuming something a bit rockier, which I know Green Day fit the bill for but I just can't see it (but am prepared to be proven wrong on that one).

Ok cheers - I'm only pulling together what I've seen I didn't know that about Royal Blood's dates.

Yeah definitely seems like some adjustment is needed, I dunno whether I agree about the Boy Better Know thing... in terms of youth culture they are the biggest thing around right now. Up against Radiohead they will pull a huge crowd, and probably take a fair few dickheads away from Radiohead.

Just have to see what the next lineup announcement brings I guess..

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Think he'll be subbing Sheeran, he's selling out multiple arena shows on his current tour.

No way. Not a chance. Absolutely not.

He played Bestival last year at about 4pm. It was fucking shit.

Edited by mjsell

3 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Think he'll be subbing Sheeran, he's absolutely massive, selling out multiple arena shows on his current tour.

:lol: not a chance - he may have done arena shows so I'm guessing he'll get a better billing than last time round but he ain't gonna be subbing the Pyramid or getting close to that end of the lineup.

Just now, mjsell said:

No way. Not a chance. Absolutely not.

He played Bestival last year at about 3pm. It was fucking shit.

He's down for Pyramid, and also he's much bigger than he was last year. At the end of last year he was playing 1 night at Manchester Academy, in late spring this year he's playing 2 nights at London's O2 Arena.

He's down for Pyramid, and also he's much bigger than he was last year. At the end of last year he was playing 1 night at Manchester Academy, in late spring this year he's playing 2 nights at London's O2 Arena.

I'll accept 4th down at a push.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

I'll accept 4th down at a push.

I guess the only way he could play lower down like that would be because the Glastonbury crowd aren't the same crowd as those that would be buying tickets to see him at these arena shows, so maybe. I wouldn't underestimate how big he is though. Maybe 3rd down.

Maybe so but I'm still gonna say he ain't getting higher than fifth, maybe fourth at a push down the Pyramid. He's still a novelty act in the long run after all and outside of those four or five songs from his 17 year old album I doubt people give much of a shit about his material. Anything higher than that would be ludicrous.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe so but I'm still gonna say he ain't getting higher than fifth, maybe fourth at a push down the Pyramid. He's still a novelty act in the long run after all and outside of those four or five songs from his 17 year old album I doubt people give much of a shit about his material. Anything higher than that would be ludicrous.

Just you wait till June, the Craig David hype will be gigantic by then. 

I sound like I'm a fan, I don't think I know any Craig David songs.

Edited by Acid_Haze

18 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Anyone think that ATCQ could actually headline Other?

I know everyone was predicting West Holts to begin with but then they became a popular addition to the pyramid during the day on predictions - which I'm not quite sure why. What with Neil suggesting Saturday Other might have a hip hop vibe to it, should they be considered on there as headliners or maybe subs?

I saw that, and tried to think of hip-hop acts that could headline t'other...

Drake - too big

Tribe - too small

RTJ - too small

BBK - too small (I think?)

Outkast - officially still together but completely inactive

Snoop - one gig this weekend at a music and wine festival at the Coachella site. Possible but very unlikely

Kendrick - possible but has no European dates, so also unlikely

Chance - seems like quite a few on here are expecting him to be there. Has risen in popularity massively recently, but enough to headline Other?

Have I missed any?