Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is his performance style has changed a bit now he has got bigger, as that was billed as "Craig David Presents TS5" and thats not what he is playing as at the moment.

I saw it at kendal and it was good fun if you take it for what it is! not sure what his current performance is like tho, whether its a band or what?

whatever it is, he is playing a stadium in Southampton later this year so he is obviously massive. will be on the pyramid 4th or 5th down most likely.

Edited by Memory Man

Just now, pastorofmuppets said:

I saw that, and tried to think of hip-hop acts that could headline t'other...

Drake - too big

Tribe - too small

RTJ - too small

BBK - too small (I think?)

Outkast - officially still together but completely inactive

Snoop - one gig this weekend at a music and wine festival at the Coachella site. Possible but very unlikely

Kendrick - possible but has no European dates, so also unlikely

Chance - seems like quite a few on here are expecting him to be there. Has risen in popularity massively recently, but enough to headline Other?

Have I missed any?

I wouldn't read too much in to that hip-hop day thing. It might lean a bit more towards hip-hop and grime than usual but I'm not expecting the stage to be wall to wall hip-hop and I definitely can't think of an act suitable to headline it at this stage, and plus it's looking quite likely that Alt-J will be headlining that day which nixes the whole hip-hop day thing anyway.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

He really was bad at bestival. He DJs (if you can call it that) himself and then comes out from behind some decks and sings over the top of it. then has to rush back when changing songs - its an absolute shambles.

That was his TS5 show - I'm assuming this one will be a regular performance from him where he just sings rather than DJ's and mixes.

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

my guess is his performance style has changed a bit now he has got bigger, as that was billed as "Craig David Presents TS5" and thats not what he is playing as at the moment.

I saw it at kendal and it was good fun if you take it for what it is! not sure what his current performance is like tho, whether its a band or what?

I think he's still doing shows under Craig David Presents TS5 to be honest. No idea what the TS stands for though.

3 minutes ago, FatAmmy said:

Chance is absolutely big enough to headline other. He's straight up headlining major US festivals

So were Phoenix. US popularity doesn't mean that much here. Saying that Chance could probably headline the Other and smash it. I'd imagine an average sized audience at best though.

Edited by aidenlangan95

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. This was the City of Culture payoff I was hoping for but aye, perhaps it'll lead to future good things.

Didn't realise there are a few Hull types on here, now then!

Hopefully they get this new venue right, my mate is on the build and said it looks great, sick of travelling to Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, York, Lincoln etc for gigs.  As @radioahed said, hopefully they sell well otherwise we'll get bypassed again. Have seen some Hull gigs with woeful attendance which was a real shame for the bands (Augustines, Doves).

Would love Flaming Lips, Echo and the Bunnymen and Public Service Broadcasting at glasto, fingers crossed

1 minute ago, wosman said:

Didn't realise there are a few Hull types on here, now then!

Hopefully they get this new venue right, my mate is on the build and said it looks great, sick of travelling to Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, York, Lincoln etc for gigs.  As @radioahed said, hopefully they sell well otherwise we'll get bypassed again. Have seen some Hull gigs with woeful attendance which was a real shame for the bands (Augustines, Doves).

Would love Flaming Lips, Echo and the Bunnymen and Public Service Broadcasting at glasto, fingers crossed

I just hope the venue is a success. The size is right but I kind of hope o2 or someone gets control of it so it becomes part of the tour circuit. I know that means it sells it soul but i would take that over an hour drive to most gigs I go to.  

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Had forgotten about her - that might be a good shout. I thought she might've been a bit too big a few years back but I think she's settled in to being just the right size for it now.

Agreed. She still shifts tickets for her gigs very quickly but I'm not sure that many people would opt to see her in a headline slot so Park would be about right.

Is it true that Craig David went stateside due to the abuse that he was getting as a result of Bo Selector? I think it really damaged his image in the UK so he went to the states and made a name for himself there. Now the Bo Selector stuff has been largely forgotten, but his hits haven't and create a fair amount of nostalgia for those around my age at least.

If he was on the Pyramid and nothing clashed I'd turn up for old times sake. He had a televised festival slot last year (maybe T?) and it looked like fun.  

I got "dragged" along to Craig last year in Silver Hayes. Most of us here are utter music snobs and proud of it, but I have no problem saying that LCD aside, it was the most insane atmosphere I was a part of all weekend. He was mostly djing and singing over tunes, but that tent was absolutely on fire. It was almost dangerously busy around there.

Now I must add I was completely gone by that point so I would have probably enjoyed anything.