Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I like how you danced around the other headliners on the bill in an effort to prove your point. The demographic may be different but are you seriously suggesting that there won't be a large crossover in the type of fan who'd watch Chance at Wireless and Glastonbury?

come on :lol:

yes, because some of the headliners at Wireless have been suitable to headline the Other, or have enough mainstream crossover to draw big crowds. others have not. Chance is in the latter group, along with Kygo and BBK last year.

headlining Wireless is not indicative of being popular or big enough to headline the Other, as was suggested, and put forward as some sort of evidence that Chance is in fact big enough.

of course there wouldn't, have you ever been to Glastonbury and Wireless? they're completely different crowds.

30 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

I like how you danced around the other headliners on the bill in an effort to prove your point. The demographic may be different but are you seriously suggesting that there won't be a large crossover in the type of fan who'd watch Chance at Wireless and Glastonbury?

come on :lol:

As has been said to death, very different audiences between the two festivals. It's coming through to Glastonbury, but not to that extent, yet.

27 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, because some of the headliners at Wireless have been suitable to headline the Other, or have enough mainstream crossover to draw big crowds. others have not. Chance is in the latter group, along with Kygo and BBK last year.

headlining Wireless is not indicative of being popular or big enough to headline the Other, as was suggested, and put forward as some sort of evidence that Chance is in fact big enough.

of course there wouldn't, have you ever been to Glastonbury and Wireless? they're completely different crowds.

We're not getting anywhere with this as we obviously hold different opinions on Chance's size. Guess we can agree to disagree?

56 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't tell you a Catfish song from, let's say a 1975 song but I've not got my head buried up my ass far enough not to realise they're both very popular. The kids will buy whatever the NME tell them to and if this month it's Catfish then yes, they'll outsell Chase & Status

That thing about NME and the kids isn't true really, if you like a band you do and if you don't....you get the picture!

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Chase & Status have definitely fallen off a bit since they last headlined Other - I think people are only mentioning them because they have new material due and we're a bit at a loss for a dance/electronic headliner for Other, and plus I want somebody I couldn't give a toss about to go up against Radiohead and they fit that bill nicely.

This most likely, they headlined Wireless in a year when Wireless was clearly fucked on what to do.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That thing about NME and the kids isn't true really, if you like a band you do and if you don't....you get the picture!

Oh come on, there have been hundreds of bands hyped well beyond their actual level of ability by the music press over the years - The Darkness, Catfish, Kasabian, that whole NME Nu-Rave thing...

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This most likely, they headlined Wireless in a year when Wireless was clearly fucked on what to do.

I can see it being true to a degree. I can only imagine Coldplay have as big a following as they do because someone somewhere told them they should like them.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Oh come on, there have been hundreds of bands hyped well beyond their actual level of ability by the music press over the years - The Darkness, Catfish, Kasabian, that whole NME Nu-Rave thing...

While this is true enough, it only gets a band so far.  It's always taken more than the NME behind a band for them to make the leap into the mainstream - now more than ever given that it's a freesheet with about the same clout as the Shortlist.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hey you leave The Darkness out of this!

Seconded! 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

<Adopts highest posible pitch>

Get your hands off of The Darkness mother fu%&er!

Worth a like. 

How long til Ed gets announced then? Reckon mid March, I do. Announce on his opening tour date otherwise a la Adele. 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While this is true enough, it only gets a band so far.  It's always taken more than the NME behind a band for them to make the leap into the mainstream - now more than ever given that it's a freesheet with about the same clout as the Shortlist.

Yeah i was thinking more about back when it was actually relevant.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:

Py: Radiohead / Elbow

Ot: Chase and Status / Royal Blood

WH: Jamiroquai

JP: Run the Jewels

Pa: Orbital

Saturday:

Py: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs

Ot: alt-J / BBK / Stormzy

WH: The Jacksons

JP: Bonobo

Pa: Jesus and Mary Chain

Sunday:

Py: Ed Sheeran / The xx

Ot: Justice / Imagine Dragons

WH: Kraftwerk

JP: The Flaming Lips

Pa: Fleet Foxes

Could people purlease stop putting Orbital up against Radiohead?! Stick the Hartnolls on WH on Sunday!

Also, JAMC much more suited to JPT and Bonobo much more to Park, so swaparooney there, please!

Then...yeah, I'd take this

:)

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Could people purlease stop putting Orbital up against Radiohead?! Stick the Hartnolls on WH on Sunday!

Also, JAMC much more suited to JPT and Bonobo much more to Park, so swaparooney there, please!

Then...yeah, I'd take this

:)

Ben

Aye but Bonobo will draw a bigger crowd than JAMC these days, no?