Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

49 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Twin Atlantic do have a gap in their schedule so I think there's a fair chance they'll play, I'm hoping so anyways. I reckon pretty much a similar slot to last time which was late afternoon/early evening (can't remember precise slot) on Other. I don't think they've done anything with their new album to warrant a higher slot.

Got a funny feeling they will be 2nd on Pyramid or something.

they did JPT last min to be rewarded with OS then up against biggest ever crowd I believe?

I think they will get a fair crack of the whip this time round, load of festivals announced and they said still more to come recently since the last announcement.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Leftfield headlined one of the dance village tents within the last few years, so I'd guess they're unlikely.

No idea about Lightning Seeds.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Them playing 2 years back probably affects it more.

I suppose doing Leftism in full would up the attractiveness quotient a bit - but dunno if it would be to the extent of, say, a WH headliner.

Yeah, I had to miss them in 2015 due to clashes... I still think it's possible as it's a different tour, mind. I'm hopeful anyway!

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Got a funny feeling they will be 2nd on Pyramid or something.

they did JPT last min to be rewarded with OS then up against biggest ever crowd I believe?

I think they will get a fair crack of the whip this time round, load of festivals announced and they said still more to come recently since the last announcement.

yeah they were lumbered with the dead slot up against Lionel, Sam Smith was against Dolly, neither have bothered coming back since ;) although in fairness Sam Smith was ill in 2015 and wasn't touring in 2016.

not sure if we already knew this but Father John Misty is booked for a couple European festivals the same weekend as Glastonbury. Not exactly sure which days he is playing at each. This link has him playing in Norway 22-24th of June and then the Netherlands 23-25th

http://pitchfork.com/news/71830-father-john-misty-announces-north-american-tour/?mbid=social_facebook

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

not sure if we already knew this but Father John Misty is booked for a couple European festivals the same weekend as Glastonbury. Not exactly sure which days he is playing at each. This link has him playing in Norway 22-24th of June and then the Netherlands 23-25th

http://pitchfork.com/news/71830-father-john-misty-announces-north-american-tour/?mbid=social_facebook

Hes an exclusive at end of the road 

Just now, Kalopsia said:

How do you mean? I know The Strokes don't do much these days but I don't think they'd demand a high fee?

They demand huge fees. The word is that they can't stand each other and only play for the checks. They're not headliner material but they demand headliner fees.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were actually pretty good all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They demand huge fees. The word is that they can't stand each other and only play for the checks. They're not headliner material but they demand headliner fees.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were actually pretty good all things considered.

Yeah they have the tunes to carry off a set at any festival in the world, and they aren't one of those bands who refuse to play the songs people pay to see, but they'll never come to Glastonbury, sadly.

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah they have the tunes to carry off a set at any festival in the world, but they'll never happen at Glastonbury, sadly.

Would be great to see them again and they are apparently recording new material...

I want more material from Julian Casablancas and the Voidz that album is insane.

Edited by Kalopsia

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nah, they don't. They might have the tunes, but live the delivery isn't great.

There's a reason why they've fallen back from their breakthru.

Seen them at BST two years ago, the quality of the gig was hampered by a horrible sound mix and a twatty crowd but the band themselves were fine.. do accept they have good and bad days live, but them hating each other and the press wanting to condemn every record they put out for not being a carbon copy of This Is It have always seemed bigger obstacles from where I'm stood 

Edited by Zac Quinn