Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

21 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

outright i'd imagine. he'd be a bigger act at Coachella than Stone Roses/Blur, LCD, Phoenix and Jack White who've headlined recently. he actually subbed Jack White that year and drew a far bigger crowd, and has only gotten bigger since then.

Fair, I thought he would. You can't compare to The Roses and Blur though, it was a English persons dream...when I woke up in the morning because the lineup drops about 1am and saw that I was like :)))). I very much think Pheonix could do it as they had done two nights at MSG but I believe the clear one they wanted was The Stones.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RyanS said:

I love both Starboy and False Alarm.  I'm hoping that the album will be a return to form after how dreary the last one was overall (albeit hugely successful).

thought Beauty Behind the Madness was far better than Kiss Land, although they were both pretty patchy. i doubt the new album will be any kind of return to form in the way i'm/many are hoping though - think the House of Balloons days are far behind him now unfortunately, but damn, that mixtape was so good that i can't ever really hate him no matter how shitty he can be these days

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

thought Beauty Behind the Madness was far better than Kiss Land, although they were both pretty patchy. i doubt the new album will be any kind of return to form in the way i'm/many are hoping though - think the House of Balloons days are far behind him now unfortunately, but damn, that mixtape was so good that i can't ever really hate him no matter how shitty he can be these days

Totally agree.  For giving us House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, he can put out as much commericial/pop sounding stuff as he wants for the rest of his career. Those projects are so special.

52 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

outright i'd imagine. he'd be a bigger act at Coachella than Stone Roses/Blur, LCD, Phoenix and Jack White who've headlined recently. he actually subbed Jack White that year and drew a far bigger crowd, and has only gotten bigger since then.

He played after Jack White so it might be too similar a slow to get him back two years later. Looking at the Coachella boards, the LA date not being a Goldenvoice venue seems to rule him out or something - it's a lot more convoluted than even our festival discussion. :lol: Speaking of that; I was thinking he'd probably do Wireless in the middle of summer but with two London shows at a period after Wireless will announce, it's probably quite unlikely and maybe Glasto have got him.

yeah i had him pinned as an almost certainty for Wireless what with their dwindling headliner pool and him being a perfect act for them but the London dates seem odd if that's the case. still gutted he pulled out of 2013 as i was a much bigger fan then but i reckon i'd go see him if he played clashes permitting

7 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Swans have just announced a show at the Roundhouse on 27th May. Its being advertised as '' *SWANS FINAL LONDON PERFORMANCE IN THEIR CURRENT INCARNATION* ''

http://www.seetickets.com/event/swans/roundhouse/1040117

Supported by Thurston Moore as well.

They were announced for Transformer at Manchester's Victoria Warehouse too, with The Fall, Royal Trux (!), This is Not The Heat, Mueran Humanos and Loop as well for £20 but the outcry surrounding John Carpenter's Victoria Warehouse show this weekend has raised alarm that Barry Hogan is somehow involved there.

Any of the above for Glasto anyway. Saves me throwing £20 at ATP to watch Swans/Fall/Royal Trux from a behind a stairwell or some shit.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I like Royal and the lads a heap, but never could quite get on with Twin Infinitives.

I know you need to persevere with it, but I probably just need to persevere a whole lot more.

:lol: Yeah when I journeyed through their back catalogue I just thanked Jeebus it was over and never revisited it.

There's a certain - albeit pretty niche - school of thought that it's one of the greatest rock'n'roll records ever made.

the album represented an analytical reflection on the perception of the details and the linguistic system which transcend the literal and create an abstraction, but an abstraction anchored to the literal.

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol5/royaltru.html#twin

Hmmm...might give it another spin this evening.

SOAD, LP, Blink and Prophets of Rage all for DL France. DL will probably be some combo of those acts, with Metallica, A7X or GNR in there as well.

I reckon SOAD, Blink and Prophets could be in the frame for Glastonbury. I'm not saying they are especially likely, but there's a chance. 

For GNR it will depend on what DL announce this week. If they have them, you'd like to think they would be announced first to drive the early ticket sales. If they aren't announced this week, they edge a little closer in to the Glastonbury picture. 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I reckon SOAD, Blink and Prophets could be in the frame for Glastonbury. I'm not saying they are especially likely, but there's a chance.

Hopefully Blink's headliner status in this country rules them out!

Would take SOAD though. How have the Prophets Of Rage shows been received so far?

Edited by TomViolence

41 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Surrey the Rage stuff isn't going to be as good without Zach signing though?

Yeah pretty much what Nal said, provided you're not going in expecting RATM I think it would be pretty excellent. 

Saw Public Enemy support Prodigy in Manchester not long ago and Chuck D nailed it.