Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

39 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I suppose :P Dry Your Eyes and Fit But You Know It were iconic songs when I was growing up and I'm only 21, they're certainly not as distant a memory as some of the bands who've been cashing in on a reunion nobody wanted (*cough* Bros *cough*)

Aye but it's less about 'remembering' and actually knowing about it. It was a while ago and you probably had to be aware at the time. I dunno tho, not really sure of their impact.

49 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Been trying to work it out for weeks! My initial thoughts were the likes of Latitude and Bestival, surely reunion hype would boost them to get some decent billings but would they be big enough to headline?

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems like a weird IOW booking to me - could see them being offered as high as sub there (and they'd be a damn sight stronger than this years subs too)

40 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Wireless? 

Come to think about it, they wouldn't actually be so out of place at any of these. I could imagine it being R+L - they've engineered and promoted weird reunions like Alexisonfire before so I'm not sure it's outside of their capabilities. Shame that they most likely wouldn't hit Glastonbury though, that'd be some good fun.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think he's out, not doing anything back to back so probably only Sunday if at all.

Obviously he'll add more dates when the initial ones sell out. Think he'll sub The Nice Man Who Runs if he turns up but not expecting him to, he hasn't been rebooked in 20 years and there's no discernible reason why that would change this time.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think he's out, not doing anything back to back so probably only Sunday if at all.

Can't read anything into the no back to back shows as that tour schedule is clearly built with gaps for 2nd nights to be added in certain cities. Although I think it's near certain that any extra London date would be added on the Saturday or Sunday, which would effectively rule him out.

7 minutes ago, dylangraham said:

Do you think they could headline West Holts?

I guess it's a possibility but they strike me more as a main stage (Pyramid or Other) act rather than on WH. Guess they could even take the Friday hip hop slot

Prophets of Rage > Iggy Pop > Bon Iver or The xx > Radiohead would do me on the Friday/is my new prediction