Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

I agree we're in for a strong year. I don't think there'll be any more music than usual, but it's entirely possible we could have several bands/artists who could realistically sub. Look at Barry Gibb and Diana Ross, for example. It's quite possible we could get both this year, whereas either could easily take the legend slot.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Honestly - if they have:

Gibb

Gaga

D-Ro

Brian Wilson

(and Green Day, albeit that one strikes me as least likely)

all showing up in supporting roles then they can take a bow.

Factor in recent developments re Toots and The Jacksons and my cup overfloweth.

We should remember that given the lack of money chucked their way that it can be as strong as they want it as long as artists agree to play. I think DiRo will be 4th down and Gibb probably 6th.

It's the final sub I can't be definite of.

But RH, FF, Ed, The XX, Gaga, someone else fair big? Barry Gibbons and Brian Wilson that is big. Add the unlikely in my view too GD.

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I didn't think they announced the resale until after balance payments have closed.

Balance payments are due in the first week of April, they've usually told us the resale date well before then if I remember correctly

Edit: apologies @kalifire, thanks to the power of the Thingy I can see that the last few resale date announcements were:

2016: 8th April

2015: 8th April

2014: 31st March

2013: 18th March

Edited by SPTFRE

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I’m repeating myself from elsewhere, but I believe that the bookings should mandate the running order and not vice versa.  Just because they’ve recently had folk like Tame Impala and Beck subbing doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t tweak the formula when they land a big fish like Baz.

Too logical. Kaiser Chiefs sub.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For context, Barry Gibb is a way bigger artist than any of the acts who've subbed in recent years.

While that's a justifiable statement in most respects, the real question is where do they fit best.

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I’m repeating myself from elsewhere, but I believe that the bookings should mandate the running order and not vice versa.  Just because they’ve recently had folk like Tame Impala and Beck subbing doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t tweak the formula when they land a big fish like Baz.

Nah. I'll go for the easy example. In 2014, Dolly Parton was a way bigger artist than at least 2 of the headliners and arguably all 3, but she absolutely should not have headlined. The best fit for her was playing on a sunny sunday afternoon, and it worked a treat.

Break out Dusty Bin...

On Foo Fighters website you are presented with an option to check in. You're then presented with a boardong card for Obelix Airlines. Obelix/Pyramid picture included. The date is 21st Feb so.... announcement on Tuesday? 

To get any further though you need to enter details AND a unique code, no idea how to get a code.

Edited by Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Break out Dusty Bin...

On Foo Fighters website you are presented with an option to check in. You're then presented with a boardong card for Obelix Airlines. Obelix/Pyramid picture included. The date is 21st June so.... announcement on Tuesday? 

To get any further though you need to enter details AND a unique code, no idea how to get a code.

I'm confused where 21st June is mentioned?

Is anyone here signed up too FF mailing list? Maybe that's where the code is?

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Break out Dusty Bin...

On Foo Fighters website you are presented with an option to check in. You're then presented with a boardong card for Obelix Airlines. Obelix/Pyramid picture included. The date is 21st June so.... announcement on Tuesday? 

C00dgr7W8AAFKkZ.jpg