2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

32 minutes ago, Odessa said:

No Alex Cameron slander on this website please.

Sorry

31 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I was pleasantly surprised when I turned up and it was Alex Cameron but he was definitely a weird choice of support

Yeah, tbf I spent most of the time he was on telling a 6yo that The Killers were definitely on soon.

The weirdest support for me has to be Jizzy Tissue - sorry Dizzee Rascal supporting Muse at the Etihad though. Mass movement towards the bar when he was on.

27 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

probably more due to the dogshit undercard, dreadful weather the previous year, and financial crisis TBF

peak indie landfill:

a0a361bf-5aa6-4ac5-9938-252baeed78be_gra

I've heard plenty of anecdotes on how bad 2008 was but jeez, that Friday Pyramid line up is embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Hang on,

Just to confirm is an actual announcement expected today or?

Not sure.... However the last couple of years we have known 2 of the 3 headliners by February. All 3 by first week or two in March. 

Expect something in the next week or two for sure. 

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Glastonbury 2019, featuring the headliners from all your favourite midsized festivals such as Wireless, Latitude and Bestival.

This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one McCartney shaped basket. 

The Cure and The Killers were big for those festivals though. Would’ve been delusional to think either were no longer Glasto headline status.

Besides, these are acts that headline festivals everywhere. Glastonbury operates on a low budget and does very well to get the acts it does. Can’t whinge when there aren’t any legendary acts or stadium headliners available and willing to throw in a cheap gig for the title of Glastonbury headliner in a given year.

The Killers ain’t the greatest but I’m sure Liam Gallagher (also a festival headliner) topping the bill was not much further down the list. Be thankful!