2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Latitude headliners are George Ezra, Snow Patrol and Lana Del Rey. 

Stokes is still on ?

Dear God. 

I've no idea what kind of festival Latitude is, maybe this line up is right up its strasse, but imagine relying on George Ezra for something to have a dance to.

2019 is not being kind to the upper echelons of festival line ups.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Shotgun got to number 1 in the charts and has been fucking inescapable. You definitely will’ve heard it.

Any reason for The 1975 being back in the frame or just a stab in the dark?

I'll give it a listen now.

Someone on Twitter replied to the thingy saying it's 75 subbing The Cure on Sunday 100%.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah heaflining Latitude certainly doesn't rule anyone out (New Order did it in 2016), but I think George Ezra is only headlining festivals so far so hopefully that does rule him out.

You reckon? I can't see him getting any bigger than he is now, but then I think I said that before his second album came out so could easily be wrong. Did he even have any hit singles on this album? I'm surprised it took him to such large gigs/festival placings as I don't think I heard anything from it.

There are a couple off of his latest album that are always on Absolute Radio, although I couldn't tell you what either actually sound like right now. Apparently the album was the second biggest selling of last year (behind the Greatest Showman OST), so he must be pretty big. As I said in another thread, he's following the same trajectory as the ginger prince.

EDIT: Shotgun! That's the one!

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I'll give it a listen now.

Someone on Twitter replied to the thingy saying it's 75 subbing The Cure on Sunday 100%.

Do yourself a favour and don’t. It’s an awful earworm.

And I must’ve missed that but very surprising if true - that crowd is gonna dwarf The Cure’s surely! Essentially a fourth headliner.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

And I must’ve missed that but very surprising if true - that crowd is gonna dwarf The Cure’s surely! Essentially a fourth headliner.

Yep without a doubt and I love The Cure. Would probably be bigger than Stormzy as well tbh. Can't see them booking such a strong sub under a relatively weak headliner.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That would be an amazing two acts for me. It is like one of those two big headliner subs Gucci started the other day but actually real. Would be good.

21 minutes ago, y0ungtitan said:

So assuming The Strokes are playing a UK festival, where else does that leave them to play other than Glasto? Just APE/Hyde Park? Could they do a Finsbury Park date?

I wouldn't rule out Boardmasters as an option. They've announced Flo, but still have 2 more headliners to reveal.

Well as it stands with our guesses/predictions I wont be at the Pyramid for any of the headliners. I think that may well be a good thing... I can go explore or catch a better act on the Other and also beat the masses to the south east corner.... 

Saying that with those headliners I think the south east corner may get busier earlier than usual. 

9 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

LG, CG, 75 nailed on. Sick.

:lol:

To be fair, it’s only those three and Noel that we’ve had info on isn’t it? Even then, there’s also someone with info that Noel’s playing 2020. There’s normally at least one surprise so I doubt it actually will be those three but they’re the ones who seem most likely at the moment.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

To be fair, it’s only those three and Noel that we’ve had info on isn’t it? Even then, there’s also someone with info that Noel’s playing 2020. There’s normally at least one surprise so I doubt it actually will be those three but they’re the ones who seem most likely at the moment.

I don’t imagine Childish Gambino to still be in contention, really. No European dates yet, just a suggestion that they wanted him. And for all we know he could have laughed the offer out.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Someone on here PMd me that he'd been told it was LG, CG and LDR, and he got told this before Neil started the Stormzy thread with the CG info in it.

However he was also told Vampire Weekend were 4th down the Pyramid on Sunday lol.