alt-J

Brumbot

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Love them! Very unique imho some cracking tunes. I will be absolutely fucking gutted if they headline the other stage on the saturday though... 2 acts I want to see most both on same time... would be typical!

Please put Katy Perry headliner! nice contrast of rock and pop and she is fucking massive world wide cant see her not headlining a stage surely? 

The fact she's fucking massive is why she'll be on the Pyramid and nowhere else. alt-J will headline Other on Saturday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new album isn't very good. 

8 tracks in total and 1 is a cover of house of the rising sun - massive cop out. 

2 good tracks - In cold blood and an unreleased track. This will be their last hurrah in terms of festival positions. I dont think they'll ever top RandL. 

Edited by endswithMJ

32 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The fact she's fucking massive is why she'll be on the Pyramid and nowhere else. alt-J will headline Other on Saturday.

Not headlining though? She is a headliner? 

Whats the source for Alt-J headlining? 

Not saying you are wrong, just asking the question! :)

Understand that the signs (the poster) point towards a Saturday night Other stage headline spot but can we 100% rule out them being Sunday and BBK Saturday? How do we know that they're in Germany Friday and Sunday rather than another (more cost-effective) combination? From what I can see, the German festivals haven't announced day splits yet. 

Edited by Mattd1205

4 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Understand that the signs (the poster) point towards a Saturday night Other stage headline spot but can we 100% rule out them being Sunday and BBK Saturday? How do we know that they're in Germany Friday and Sunday rather than another (more cost-effective) combination? From what I can see, the German festivals haven't announced day splits yet. 

I asked this a while ago... all I got back was Neil knows... 

25 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

• Alt-j's booking agency has them down to play in Germany on Friday and Sunday.
  • We've had info they're headlining the Other Stage from a user on here who's properly actively involved in the forum and unlikely to talk rubbish.
  • Neil has heard BBK are Sunday after Emily confirmed they were headlining the Other Stage - which he actually updated from Saturday where they were before.
  • Major Lazer confirmed Friday - likely to headline Other Stage

We've had plenty before the poster and that just seems to seal it.

1 hour ago, endswithMJ said:

new album isn't very good. 

8 tracks in total and 1 is a cover of house of the rising sun - massive cop out. 

2 good tracks - In cold blood and an unreleased track. This will be their last hurrah in terms of festival positions. I dont think they'll ever top RandL. 

Has the album leaked then?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:
  • Alt-j's booking agency has them down to play in Germany on Friday and Sunday.
  • We've had info they're headlining the Other Stage from a user on here who's properly actively involved in the forum and unlikely to talk rubbish.
  • Neil has heard BBK are Sunday after Emily confirmed they were headlining the Other Stage - which he actually updated from Saturday where they were before.
  • Major Lazer confirmed Friday - likely to headline Other Stage

We've had plenty before the poster and that just seems to seal it.

How does one get Alt-J's booking agency to tell you when they are booked? Thats a neat trick for checking what bands are playing. 

All I will say is I hope Neil is wrong haha :) Is he always right?? surely he cant have a 100% record!? :D 

Clinging on to any thread of hope until stage splits come out ha 

Just now, Havors said:

How does one get Alt-J's booking agency to tell you when they are booked? Thats a neat trick for checking what bands are playing. 

All I will say is I hope Neil is wrong haha :) Is he always right?? surely he cant have a 100% record!? :D 

Clinging on to any thread of hope until stage splits come out ha 

No trick. http://primarytalent.com/alt-j/

There's a margin of error with these things, yeah. We all thought they were subheadlining the Pyramid last time they played and then Paul Weller was booked above them at the request of the replacement headliner.

For all we know, the Other Stage info could be outdated and they play the Pyramid instead or something - outside possibiltiies not worth hanging your hopes on but still nothing's 100% certain until it's confirmed by the festival and down on the page.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No trick. http://primarytalent.com/alt-j/

There's a margin of error with these things, yeah. We all thought they were subheadlining the Pyramid last time they played and then Paul Weller was booked above them at the request of the replacement headliner.

For all we know, the Other Stage info could be outdated and they play the Pyramid instead or something - outside possibiltiies not worth hanging your hopes on but still nothing's 100% certain until it's confirmed by the festival and down on the page.

Maybe they will play further down the lineup somewhere? Give them more time to get back to Germany on the sunday.... haha can you tell Im desperate for them not to clash with foo fighters? :D

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The booking agents don't have Glastonbury listed on that site - for all you straw grabbers and wishful interpreters. 

I was just looking at a few of their other acts.... the info is sparce and in some cases completely non-existent. One band I know has 17 gigs lined up... they dont have them booked for any on the site :)

Come on Emily dont make them clash with Foo fighters!! Throw Katy Perry on headlining! :D

On 31/03/2017 at 6:06 AM, basquille said:

Big fan of them.. 'An Awesome Wave' is an absolute belter, though not as much a fan of 'This Is All Yours'.

Saw them in '15 too but wasn't blown away by them.. might have just been the fact they were just after Lionel's fantastic performance.

Still looking forward to hearing the new material live.

I thought they were excellent then .  I thought they may have been too eclectic to follow Lionel but where I was stood everyone was into em .  Personally could not care less for Lionel so turned up when his set was over , Sunday legends never do owt for me . 

11 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Has the album leaked then?

There's an NME article with the full track listing here: http://www.nme.com/news/music/alt-j-share-new-song-and-tracklisting-from-third-album-relaxer-2003678

Haven't heard any of the stuff that hasn't been officially released though! Bit disappointed there's only 8 songs.

1 hour ago, Brumbot said:

There's an NME article with the full track listing here: http://www.nme.com/news/music/alt-j-share-new-song-and-tracklisting-from-third-album-relaxer-2003678

Haven't heard any of the stuff that hasn't been officially released though! Bit disappointed there's only 8 songs.

The run time is supposedly about 38 mins. That's sufficient enough in theory. All about the quality really. In cold blood didn't do much for me but 3WW is probs my fave song this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just given the album a spin - had very high hopes after loving 3WW and In Cold Blood but finished it feeling very underwhelmed. It's clear they've pinned it all on those two tracks and the rest of the album is an afterthought, ranging from forgettable to downright awful in the case of 'Hit Me Like That Snare,' apparently some kind of parody joke track that accidentally got left on the album and they couldn't be bothered to take it off. No idea what they were thinking with that one, it's really cringeworthy. Not doing themselves any favours by making one track on their 8-track album a weirdly pointless 'House of the Rising Sun' cover, either. 

Sorry, had to vent - I really wanted this to be good but, yeah, it's not. Having second thoughts about my Saturday headliner after that.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Just given the album a spin - had very high hopes after loving 3WW and In Cold Blood but finished it feeling very underwhelmed. It's clear they've pinned it all on those two tracks and the rest of the album is an afterthought, ranging from forgettable to downright awful in the case of 'Hit Me Like That Snare,' apparently some kind of parody joke track that accidentally got left on the album and they couldn't be bothered to take it off. No idea what they were thinking with that one, it's really cringeworthy. Not doing themselves any favours by making one track on their 8-track album a weirdly pointless 'House of the Rising Sun' cover, either. 

Sorry, had to vent - I really wanted this to be good but, yeah, it's not. Having second thoughts about my Saturday headliner after that.

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I felt the same in some ways. Hit Me Like That Snare gave me a headache. House of the Rising Sun I quite like cos they have completely made it their own. Pleader is awesome too. Its like Alt-J goes to church. So angelic. 

Adeline is basically Bloodflood pt.III.

Edit: I think in future I will stop listening to the singles when they bands release them and wait for their album to drop instead. 

Edited by Diva Sam

Yeah @Will-2609, but somehow even more pointless. At least Muse play it with some bravado.

@Diva Sam I found Pleader a bit cringe worthy to honest, like they're trying to make the new Kumbaya or something, although by that point I was already a bit annoyed with the album - its climax is still one of the brighter spots among the non-single tracks. Adeline is ok but yeah as you say, nothing new for them.