How many of the lineup have you already seen?

Jasonbee

Radiohead - Brilliant

Foo Fighters - Great live act for me

The National * 3 - They have got better every time I've seen them, here is to that continuing

Biffy Clyro - Saw them supporting Muse at Wembley and thought on that day they were really good so I'm going to try again

Alt-J * 2 - Good but will see something else probably when they are on unless I love the new album

Warpaint - Would like to see them again but suspect they will clash

Father John Misty - Excellent stage presence, took me by surprise when I saw him, must see

Future Islands - *1.5 both at Hyde Park which might explain why it didn't sound great, unsure

Wild Beasts - Didn't enjoy at Hyde Park... Common theme there!

George Ezra - Alright at Glasto

Circa Waves - Enjoyed

Kaiser Chiefs - May see again but don't plan to...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Imagine seeing the Kaiser Chiefs.  Imagine it.

Just get a good old mental image of that, why don't you.

Yer man running around going "Ruby Ruby Ruby".

Well.....I've been there. 

Reading 2005. Their peak. A full 5 minutes of "When I say Kaiser, you say Chiefs" instigated by old shaky hips on stage. 

Have to laugh at myself as i haven't seen any on the line-up poster so far.. But then the last time i see any1 live i only remember it was metallica/marilyn manson at milton keynes and a pub just down the road  ( nice beer garden ). Then 2 litre bottles of cider gettin chucked over the fence to me from the group of people i went with. Then i remember getting back into the royal mail van we went in. Fuck'd if i know who played that day :unsure:

WTF when did shane ritchie... chico and jethro feat vanilla ice become rocks most influential artists

Edited by LifeBegins@What???

I've seen 10:

Radiohead - at Reading Fest, was good.

Foo Fighters - at Wembley about 10 years ago, they'll rock it.

The National - BST, they're gonna be hard to beat.

First Aid Kit - Green Man, will be a solid half-hour.

Father John Misty - at Glasto 15, blew me away. Unlikely to be as good this time, the Park was perfect.

Goldfrapp - at R1BW a decade ago, not great sound.

George Ezra - used to be friends of my flatmate so seen lots in the early years and stayed over a few times. Nice guy, but not my kinda thing.

Kaiser Chiefs x 4 - never intentionally. Fun festival band but will happily miss.

Future Islands: at Glasto, was brilliant. One of the few bands that can do a daytime Other stage slot justice.

British Sea Power - about four times in loads of venues. They'll be great, as always.

Edited by fat_man_joe

Radiohead - Great set, unfortunately ruined by talkers who were only there for Karma Police. 

Sleaford Mods x2- Each set I saw was a riot. So much fun.

British Sea Power - Had a great time seeing them

The National - 2010 in the blazing sunshine. Hoping they sub Radiohead

Chic - Would have been better if I got a decent spot

Metronomy x2 - Fave out of the two was when they played a tent in Bestival at like 2AM 

Edited by BlackHole2006

Realised I've seen loads of this line up before....

Radiohead x 3

Foo Fighters

The xx x 4

The National

Biffy Clyro x 3

Royal Blood

Chic x 2

Alt-J

RTJ

First Aid Kit x 3

Dizzee x 4

Justice x 8

Warpaint x 3

Metronomy x 3

DJ Shadow

Songhoy Blues

Kaiser Chiefs

Boys Noize x 4

Kurupt FM

Will be definitely rewatching a number of those again too, First Aid Kit are really lovely to watch in the sun, Warpaint are most enjoyable too. 

The XX x 2

Royal Blood

Laura Marling x 4

First Aid Kit

Dizzee Rascal x 2

Kate Tempest

George Ezra

Songhoy Blues

Kaiser Chiefs x 2

Temples

Martha Wainwright

All at Glastonbury apart from one Laura Marling gig and one Dizzee gig. Also saw RTJ and Haim in passing at previous G's but only a few songs of each.

Of those, I would only bust a gut to see The XX, Laura Marling and Kate Tempest again. I'd happily watch most of the rest though, if the timing was right.

Radiohead and Foos. Both absolutely outstanding  every time and you can headbang to the Foos. I've seen Biffy twice and right now they are absolutely on fire. Ive seen First Aid Kit three times and wanted them to play Glastonbury badly  - that one made me scream like a girl.. Also seen Metronomy, Kaisers, British Sea Power (x3?), Warpaint, Future Islands and Goldfrapp.

Very few:

Radiohead - supporting The Frank & Walters at a small club in Reading in about 93! 

Kaiser Chiefs supporting The Killers in Hyde Park a few years ago.

Biffy Clyro at a festival in Brighton (for a few songs until my mate got into an argument with security about a ridiculous one way system entry to the arena and we got thrown out). He's coming to G with me but will be much more chilled!

British Sea Power also at Brighton - they were decent.

Ride - not sure when, they may have played supporting  The Cure at Wembley for  Brit Awards gig in early 90's.

First Glasto - can't wait!

Edited by Northtim
Forgot BSP!

Foo Fighters (x2- Once as Foos, once as The Holy Shits)
Ed Sheeran (Once on his own, twice doing appearances with other artists)
Biffy Clyro
Katy Perry
Royal Blood (x6- I think)
Alt-J
Haim
Toots and the Maytalls
Dizzee Rascal (x8)
Metronomy
Kano (An appearance with Damon Albarn- IT COUNTS!)
Courteeners (x4 + a Liam Fray acoustic set)
Kaiser Chiefs (x14 - again, I think)
Temples (x2)

Kurupt FM.... Well, I've seen every episode of People Just Do Nothing. (BANG! LYRICAL BLOW TO THE JAW!)

Luckily not many

Royal Blood x 4 - They're ok but after seeing their first album four times i think I've overdone it for a while, unless the new album/singles are incredible.

Circa Waves x 3 - if there's nothing else on then they'll be a fun choice

Kaiser Chiefs - Didn't think they were that bad but will definitely give them a miss this time.

Alt J - Arrived late to their Leeds set, pleasantly surprised so will probably give them another try.

Declan McKenna - Heard a little from the Park last year, would be willing to go see a full set depending on clashes

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

bonkers

Haha, he had a couple of years where he turned up at every festival, and supported everyone and their mums!
Only once have I actually gone to see him because I wanted to see him. Though, I do like him, so no complaints when he does show up!

Major Lazer x2 - really good fun, not particularly a fan of their stuff on record but a great live act and crowd always into it

alt-j x2 - if you're a fan they're brilliant, sound is spot on. Not much crowd interaction and probably won't convert non-believers

BBK (members, and part of Skepta's bestival set) - if you like grime, obviously see this

Laura Marling - wonderful and incredibly engaging live 

Haim - about as ok as they are on record

Father John Misty - brilliant, hope the new album is as good as honeybear 

Metronomy - really cool, they did some of the older instrumental jams when I saw them (English Riviera time), hope they still do

Kate Tempest - fantastic, lights and music spot on for her poetry

Glass Animals - perfect sound compared to record, brilliant stage presence too

DJ Shadow - really wicked, visuals are a great element to the show as well

Craig David - has a great voice, mills the extended vocal outros a bit too much

British Sea Power - haven't listened to them on record but they were great live 

Loyle Carner - was good, had stage presence and pulled off a big set at bestival considering his album wasn't out

Ed Sheeran x4 (not since 2010) - local hero, great live either with band or loop pedals. Had the crowd in the palm of his hand, even at support and festival slots

Edited by evannn
Forgot about Ed

Foo Fighters x 2
The xx
The National x 2
Biffy Clyro x 3
Katy Perry
Royal Blood x 2
Stormzy
Major Lazer
Alt-J
Boy Better Know
Run The Jewels
Laura Marling x 5
Phoenix
First Aid Kit x 3
Anderson.Paak & The Free Nationals
Haim
Father John Misty
Dizzee Rascal x 2
Warpaint
Metronomy x 4
Kano
Goldfrapp
Sleaford Mods
Kate Tempest
Future Islands
Clean Bandit
George Ezra x 2
Glass Animals
Courteeners x 4
Kaiser Chiefs x 3
Wild Beasts x 5
Craig David
Circa Waves x 2
British Sea Power
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
Temples
Loyle Carner
Martha Wainwright x 2
Declan McKenna 

Excellent  - The National, Future Islands
Good - Katy Perry, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, Courteeners, London Grammar, Songhoy Blues, Wild Beasts, British Sea Power
Average - Lorde (don't remember too much this one tbh), George Ezra, Kaiser Chiefs, Circa Waves, Temples
Poor - alt-J

Seen less than I'd expected tbh, especially when there's a more than a few I've seen who I have no intention of seeing again. I'm willing to give alt-J another go as I only saw the second half of their set last time but it was really dull, I think they'll cope much better headlining the Other stage though. Temples have been both great and boring when I've seen them but again I'd give them another go, managed to end up seeing them 5 times on their first album which probably didn't help! The National, Katy Perry and Courteeners are the only ones I've seen who I'd say I'm definitely going to see again though, presuming none of them clash with each other. There's a few more on there I'll hopefully see at Primavera like Run the Jewels, The xx, Glass Animals, Angel Olsen etc but even then I still have some big hitters in Radiohead, Phoenix and Justice for the first time.

So, I'd say about 90% of people have seen Kaiser Chiefs already.

80% of those didn't do so intentionally because they were supporting/at a festival.

99.9999% are "not that bothered about seeing them again but wouldn't break down in tears if I had to stand there with a friend."

I've seen a few:

Biffy Clyro, Reading 16, were awful, then again I don't like them at all anyway

Royal Blood, Glastonbury 2014 didn't get chance to enjoy them because I wasn't well

Haim, Glastonbury 2014 thoroughly enjoyed them

Sleaford Mods, Glastonbury 2015 simply out of curiosity, still don't get how anyone can enjoy them

Glass Animals, Glastonbury 2015 so surprised by how much I enjoyed definitely be seeing them again

Kaiser Chiefs, more times than I can remember, always enjoy them provided nothing else is on

Rag 'N' Bone Man, Beautiful Days 2016 sounded poor

Circa Waves, Glastonbury 2014, fairly meh

Think that's them all for me

26 of those acts. I guess that's why I was a bit underwhelmed when the lineup poster came out, I've seen so many of those acts, and the ones that I haven't I will be seeing in Primavera a couple of weeks before. Every year since I've been going there's always been at least a few "WOW" acts. This year seems to be missing that at the moment for me.

Still, gives me more time to go off on a nuts one away from Babylon...

Foo Fighters - born entertainers

Ed Sheehan (x4) - decent enough although I wouldn't be especially keen to see him again on this new blander album

Stormzy - phenomenal

Chic - good fun with the right atmosphere

Alt-J - boring

Emeli Sande - belting voice although slightly lacking in charisma

HAIM - wonderful

Goldfrapp - lotta fun

Clean Bandit (x2) - pretty dull, and will be even worse now the violinist has walked out

George Ezra (x2) - an hour long set did emphasise how much forgettable filler there was on that debut album, should be better once he has a second record to choose from though. Lovely and chilled out for a sunny day

Courteeners - aggressive and cocky. Some decent tunes but probably wouldn't watch again

Kaiser Chiefs (x3) - born entertainers, again. Crowds they draw always seem pleasantly in touch with their newer material, not as much of a '2006 indie landfill hangover' act as some on here would have you believe

Rag'N'Bone Man - saw him when he was only starting out so crowd was tiny but belting voice