Download full sets from iplayer

bsolxiv

On 7/2/2024 at 1:34 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Alternatively for those who don't want to bother with coding and want something simple...

Download a program called JDownloader 2

Copy the iPlayer link to your set

Paste it in to JDownloader 2 LinkGrabber

Download the set

This is how I've been doing it, found it really simple using JDownloader. Seems to be 720p max though

23 minutes ago, Oscr said:

This is how I've been doing it, found it really simple using JDownloader. Seems to be 720p max though

Go to Settings > Plugins > BBC, and ensure that both the quality is set to "Best", and that "Try to download 1080p" is turned on

image.png.29a7dced853f4590653ce29fe12614fa.png

hey @Suprefan - not sussed out the downloading 4k stuff yet....but....BBC has a page published listing all content available in 4K UHD.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/programme-availability/uhd-content

And guess whats listed 🙂

Doing some research on how to download it as mentioned, it looks like it might be a bit complex - but will post if I suss it out 🙂

5 hours ago, pauladam said:

hey @Suprefan - not sussed out the downloading 4k stuff yet....but....BBC has a page published listing all content available in 4K UHD.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/programme-availability/uhd-content

And guess whats listed 🙂

Doing some research on how to download it as mentioned, it looks like it might be a bit complex - but will post if I suss it out 🙂

Oh boy. cant be all of it in 4k can it? So the reddit thread had the link for Coldplay in 4k and thats 20gigs on its own and the regular was 8gigs so this is gonna be some space gobbling stuff. I watched the Dua one and they got it in 1440 which already looks incredible so 2160 is gonna be insane. 

Also somebody ripped the raw feeds from each stage each day. I actually downloaded a couple over the weekend to see how it looked but of course they dont stay up that long after its all done in real time so get iplayer cant find the source.  Message the user who grabbed the 4k and see what they used. I doubt they wont pass it on. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/s/NGoXQeYm4H

Edited by Suprefan
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Oh boy. cant be all of it in 4k can it? So the reddit thread had the link for Coldplay in 4k and thats 20gigs on its own and the regular was 8gigs so this is gonna be some space gobbling stuff. I watched the Dua one and they got it in 1440 which already looks incredible so 2160 is gonna be insane. 

Also somebody ripped the raw feeds from each stage each day. I actually downloaded a couple over the weekend to see how it looked but of course they dont stay up that long after its all done in real time so get iplayer cant find the source.  Message the user who grabbed the 4k and see what they used. I doubt they wont pass it on. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/glastonbury_festival/s/NGoXQeYm4H

That Reddit thread just answered the question I was coming in here to ask, namely the full Shania set

Suffice to say ripping any 4k content is as complicated as I expected it would be - having to fool the BBC iplayer sub site that hosts the 4k stuff into thinking your PC is actually a 4k television or set top box (think Sky q box or an amazon 4k fire stick etc....)

I believe it is possible though - just super complicated and a multi stage process as you have to capture the stream first then convert it into a playable video file - all stuff Ive done in the past, but not with 4k content - its all the same thing in the end, just much bigger files so takes a LOT longer to do it per video