Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, arteet said:

I’ve tried looking at some options today but I think it’s going to be difficult to get there rather than back as I’ve got potential places I could stay. I’ve emailed ticketmaster and tbf rightly so they can’t be of much help. It’s my own fault as didn’t think it through thoroughly enough but now I’ve got some tickets that I’m sure loads of people would snap my hand off for but I can’t do much about it, or at least easily anyway.

Would I be able to buy these off you? The first band I ever got into and never seen them in an intimate venue 🙏

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Lollapalooza South America announcements. No idea why Paramore appear to be Brazil only, though that does seem to happen now & again where they get one the others don't.

Don't mind me I'm just being grumpy that Dayglow is playing at all three festivals after cancelling his whole UK tour this year, promising makeup dates and then being total silent ever since.

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I like that trio of Download headliners. Seem to be in the minority though.

Probably, band for buck it's a bit of a shocker! Yes the arguement could be had the headliner and the sub will cost a fair portion of a days ticket or add a 3rd band in for a weekend ticket but those bands at indoor venues you don't risk standing in sh*t weather for like Download gets a lot of.

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Probably, band for buck it's a bit of a shocker! Yes the arguement could be had the headliner and the sub will cost a fair portion of a days ticket or add a 3rd band in for a weekend ticket but those bands at indoor venues you don't risk standing in sh*t weather for like Download gets a lot of.

I think it feels soft because there are so many Download-esque bands they are yet to get over the line who could have done it, and will be active next summer, but once again have slipped the net. I won't argue against the notion that Queens of the Stone Age / Fall Out Boy / Avenged Sevenfold looks comparatively weak next to, say, Foo Fighters / Green Day / Pearl Jam, for example.

But yes, cost will also factor into it. I've got to assume, alongside all the chatter about those bands being disinterested in a quote-unquote "metal festival", that money is an issue, despite the fact I was of the belief Download's backers had some deep pockets for their headliners.

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think it feels soft because there are so many Download-esque bands they are yet to get over the line who could have done it, and will be active next summer, but once again have slipped the net. I won't argue against the notion that Queens of the Stone Age / Fall Out Boy / Avenged Sevenfold looks comparatively weak next to, say, Foo Fighters / Green Day / Pearl Jam, for example.

But yes, cost will also factor into it. I've got to assume, alongside all the chatter about those bands being disinterested in a quote-unquote "metal festival", that money is an issue, despite the fact I was of the belief Download's backers had some deep pockets for their headliners.

It will look weak but Download have never and will never book Pearl Jam, Foos and Green Day. Download completely sold out this year so their pockets should be just fine. Also they have booked bands that have apparently said no before so. It'll also have been 9 years since Bizkit did Reading and as I said, they've just last year had Fontaines DC, Shikari and BMTH in a huge selling out year.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Girls aloud reunite to tour next year. Probably have a sugerbabes style slot!

No chance, bigger than Sugarbabes ever were. Pyramid definitely but I don't think they'll be there.

Got through to pre sale tickets for Green Day Manchester LCCC on my laptop, after 3 mins in the queue. It bumped me out because I had another device open with Ticketmaster (I had to reset my password so I did it on my mobile). I couldn't get back in. 5 minutes later my brother got through, but all that was left was "Unreserved Seating and Standing" at the lowest price. How on earth is that advantageous in early bird? 🤣IMG-20231108-WA0019.thumb.jpeg.c2152dfd4f3e79c3a395e4645f764b24.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Got through to pre sale tickets for Green Day Manchester LCCC on my laptop, after 3 mins in the queue. It bumped me out because I had another device open with Ticketmaster (I had to reset my password so I did it on my mobile). I couldn't get back in. 5 minutes later my brother got through, but all that was left was "Unreserved Seating and Standing" at the lowest price. How on earth is that advantageous in early bird? 🤣IMG-20231108-WA0019.thumb.jpeg.c2152dfd4f3e79c3a395e4645f764b24.jpeg

I had similar, ended up with normal standing, would have paid the extra for front standing but Ticketmaster deciding it needed a password reset scuppered those plans!

Happy to be going though, same price as foo fighters with a decent sized support.

1 minute ago, Sparticus2 said:

I had similar, ended up with normal standing, would have paid the extra for front standing but Ticketmaster deciding it needed a password reset scuppered those plans!

Happy to be going though, same price as foo fighters with a decent sized support.

How much was your standing if you don't mind my asking? The Unreserved Seat/Stand was £86. 

Fair play for getting standing, they must have gone very fast. Kicking myself because after 3 mins I'm confident I could have got Front Pit, which was our intention.

I'm being bitter. Grateful we have tickets, but I'll certainly be trying for General Admission this Friday and a tout outside for General Standing, because that view would be incredibly bad that far back haha!!

2 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

How much was your standing if you don't mind my asking? The Unreserved Seat/Stand was £86. 

Fair play for getting standing, they must have gone very fast. Kicking myself because after 3 mins I'm confident I could have got Front Pit, which was our intention.

I'm being bitter. Grateful we have tickets, but I'll certainly be trying for General Admission this Friday and a whole outside for General Standing, because that view would be incredibly bad that far back haha!!

85 which is regular standing or unreserved seating. The front standing were £110.

You're allowed to be bitter, i paid the same for the Hella mega tour.

I also signed up for the gigsandtours presale. As I've got tickets this morning if you want my code for that (presale is tomorrow) just let me know!

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm being bitter. Grateful we have tickets, but I'll certainly be trying for General Admission this Friday and a tout outside for General Standing, because that view would be incredibly bad that far back haha!!

The unreserved sit stand allows you to go anywhere in the blue area:

image.png.313ab28058908d82d5b5ea0adc5912f1.png

Stand C and E is reserved seating

Edited by dotdash79

15 hours ago, Burritomancer said:

The Killers announce a second Greatest Hits album and a forthcoming 2024 UK Tour.

IMG_9628.png

What?! It was only a few weeks ago he's saying this:

"This is the crisis I’m in. The Killers are my identity and our songs fill the seats, but I’m more fulfilled making music like Pressure Machine. I found a side of myself writing it that was strong. This was the guy I’d been looking for."

Mr Flowers added that getting older means he's "thinking about the next phase of my life."

49 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

The unreserved sit stand allows you to go anywhere in the blue area:

image.png.313ab28058908d82d5b5ea0adc5912f1.png

Stand C and E is reserved seating

Whaaaat? Am I being a goon? I didn't spot the main standing (general) was blue... I assumed my ticket was solely for Blocks A & B, and that those sections were first come first serve seating as well as a small standing area within it.... so my ticket is general standing too?

Screenshot_20231108_110619_WhatsApp.jpg

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Whaaaat? Am I being a goon? I didn't spot the main standing (general) was blue... I assumed my ticket was solely for Blocks A & B, and that those sections were first come first serve seating as well as a small standing area within it.... so my ticket is general standing too?

Screenshot_20231108_110619_WhatsApp.jpg

Yes it is also for general standing. 

54 minutes ago, Sparticus2 said:

85 which is regular standing or unreserved seating. The front standing were £110.

You're allowed to be bitter, i paid the same for the Hella mega tour.

I also signed up for the gigsandtours presale. As I've got tickets this morning if you want my code for that (presale is tomorrow) just let me know!

I'm an idiot. I have got the same. I thought it was A and B block only. Absolutely buzzing. Very surprised they weren't £100 upwards tbh which also threw me.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm an idiot. I have got the same. I thought it was A and B block only. Absolutely buzzing. Very surprised they weren't £100 upwards tbh which also threw me.

An American Idiot?

was thinking about that song and they wrote it about Bush thinking he would be the worst president ever. Then comes along boomer Trump.