Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

it makes more sense when you realise the amount of band members 

oh come on now - seriously trying to justify the insane cost of tickets by the number of members in a band?

the reason prices are stupid is because people will pay stupid prices.

You just need to google ‘Heilung live’ to see the amount of touring musicians, performers, theatrics, and stage setup that goes in to one of their shows that justifies the price (and why they’re subbing Holts rather than earlier in the day like we all initially thought). If you don’t feel it’s worth the price, fine, don’t go, but compared to what you get for that price for other shows… at least you can see where the money is going. Definitely not just four blokes with their instruments on stage.

Went to see Macca at the O2 in 2018 and just checked what I paid - £125 for good seats in the lower tier. On reflection was probably good value compared to current prices but felt very extravagant at the time. 

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

..but it isn’t? Don’t even get your point here, other than you seemingly wanting all gigs all the time to be £15.

yes, it isn't.

my point is that the cost of tickets is because of good old fashioned greed, pure and simple.

they charge the price they do because people will pay it, not because of the cost of logistics or personnel.

of course i would like all tickets to cost £15, who wouldn't - but i'd be happy with tickets costing a fair price.

16 minutes ago, Dales said:

No surprise ballot for Pearl Jam at Tottenham has been added to Concert for Carers.

Ha! 30k tickets left, everyone in the ballot will get four 

Not music related, but I had my first go on the ticketmaster waiting room random allocated number nonsense today for the American football games at Tottenham in October; logged in at 9am, got my random place at midday of 65k, found out on twitter it was up to 300k, so waited it out; got through a minute to 1pm and while the cheapest tickets were gone, the next cheapest (and under my £100 hard limit) were available so I’m in for the Jags/Chicago Bears game. Decent seats too, the row in front of me is £155, my row was only £88 which is expensive, but I’ve not been before and always wanted to. Looking forward to it now, I’m proper chuffed! 

9 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Ha! 30k tickets left, everyone in the ballot will get four 

Yeah, those ballots that go up a a week or so before an event do seem to throw up lots of winners ☺️

2 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Cool, as seeing them tomorrow and not really feeling it at the moment 🙂

They were BLOODY BRILLIANT! I’ve seen them a lot but this was special. Had some nice surprises. Did have a little cry when Taylor didn’t step out and again during aurora. 

Last night shown how strong of a contender American Idiot is for album of the century. The first 7 songs on the album is just banger after banger and a moment of, I'm getting to see this! The new stuff sounds great too, easily their best album since American Idiot.

Luckily last time I had a really good seat, this time I had a barrier position that was just a bit comfortable and roomy which I'll take, overall not the best venue but being at Glastonbury it was the option. It was better than when I saw them around 13 years ago at Wembley although the arena tour before that I was 2 rows away from the walk out stage and that was ridiculous!

Edited by northernangel
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2024 at 8:47 AM, The Nal said:

Classical musician is the most underpaid job in the world

I saw that some new artists are basically now unpaid thanks to minimal record sales, touring seeing all the money go to other people and merch sales having to be divvied up with other people too. Feels like there's no way this is sustainable.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Pearl Jam have now cancelled their London show due to illness. Just to add to the strangeness of that whole affair.

saw 10s of tix going for ~£15 today on Twickets this morning pre-cancellation. looked kinda fishy the last month on the site tbf. loads of tickets all at the same discounted price for PJ (around £35 i believe) like they were pedalling tickets at a cheaper price on Twickets so it didn’t look as bad for anyone going on Ticketmaster. a real shame as they’re one of my favourites but it’s been a farce since the announcement 

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

saw 10s of tix going for ~£15 today on Twickets this morning pre-cancellation. looked kinda fishy the last month on the site tbf. loads of tickets all at the same discounted price for PJ (around £35 i believe) like they were pedalling tickets at a cheaper price on Twickets so it didn’t look as bad for anyone going on Ticketmaster. a real shame as they’re one of my favourites but it’s been a farce since the announcement 

Interesting.

But I have heard fans who saw them in Manchester the other day say that Eddie Vedder wasn't feeling 100%, so I can believe the illness justification. It's less a great look with the way they've made a total mess of the pricing for this.