Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Kasabian with The Streets as support in November:

Fri 8th BIRMINGHAM, bp pulse LIVE
Sat 9th GLASGOW, OVO Hydro
Fri 15th LONDON, The O2
Sat 16th MANCHESTER, Co-op Live

Ah no why does this keep happening...want to go to the Embrace Out of Nothing tour on the same night this is on at the Co-op. Second time I've seen a gig clash at that time of year!

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah no why does this keep happening...want to go to the Embrace Out of Nothing tour on the same night this is on at the Co-op. Second time I've seen a gig clash at that time of year!

Tbf I'm not going tomorrow as it feels like it's too soon after my covid recovery, so I might have been up for the Birmingham show but it's on the day I'm seeing Interpol at Alexandra Palace.

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Does Robert Harvey from The Music still play with both?

14 hours ago, zzzfest2.0 said:

Stevie Nicks’ proposed show tonight at the OVO Hydro in Glasgow has been postponed as has the Co-op Live in Manchester on the 9th.

The tickets were sold when I checked the venue’s website around midday today so it was a last minute decision.

https://www.ovohydro.com/events/detail/stevie-nicks

Someone I saw on Twitter said she was on a 4 hour bus to Glasgow and it had only just set off when the cancellation came through. Which, pain.

Like a time many years ago when some friends were going to see Arctic Monkeys in Birmingham and the train to get there had just set off when it came through Alex Turner had lost his voice and couldn't do the show.

This week I was due to see Detroit Cobras on Wednesday , gig cancelled 40 minutes before due on stage. Heart yesterday , cancelled a month or so ago. And now Stevie Nicks has cancelled. I did get to see The Darkness on Thursday. But 3 out of 4 gigs in 7 days cancelled,  beat that for rotten luck!

21 minutes ago, Solidgold said:

This week I was due to see Detroit Cobras on Wednesday , gig cancelled 40 minutes before due on stage. Heart yesterday , cancelled a month or so ago. And now Stevie Nicks has cancelled. I did get to see The Darkness on Thursday. But 3 out of 4 gigs in 7 days cancelled,  beat that for rotten luck!

Oh wow that's painful luck.

Hopefully the next one is less of a disaster

4 hours ago, Solidgold said:

Aye, that's pretty crap. Best of fortunes!

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

Someone I saw on Twitter said she was on a 4 hour bus to Glasgow and it had only just set off when the cancellation came through. Which, pain.

Like a time many years ago when some friends were going to see Arctic Monkeys in Birmingham and the train to get there had just set off when it came through Alex Turner had lost his voice and couldn't do the show.

2 decades ago we'd just set off for Pretty Girls Make Graves at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham. Driver got a text, apparently Zane Lowe had just announced the show's postponement on Gonzo, due to illness in the band. But the lad that sent it was a notorious pisstaker, so we had no choice other than to continue to Notts and hope for the best. Got there to be greeted to a show cancelled A4 on the venue door.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Theyre far better at night so hopefully it would be a headliner slot.

watched these guys headline wide awake in Brixton a couple of months back. First time I have seen them and one of the most impressive performances I have seen in ages.

echo that night would be best. Woodsies or Park headliner sounds about right. Max volume would be key so if either park or woodsies has any later evening sound restrictions best to go for the one that doesn’t 

On 7/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, internetjef said:

watched these guys headline wide awake in Brixton a couple of months back. First time I have seen them and one of the most impressive performances I have seen in ages.

echo that night would be best. Woodsies or Park headliner sounds about right. Max volume would be key so if either park or woodsies has any later evening sound restrictions best to go for the one that doesn’t 

no dB restrictions at Park so could be the one 

• Thanks 1