Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

@NorthernSoul52 I do love how you always post the flyers in this thread. Reminds me of my youth of actually seeing tours in magazines. It makes bands I hate or have not even heard of look more exciting. 

Where do you get them from?

Edited by 1986
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

spacer.png

I know it was stereotyped for years about The Courteeners primarily being a band for the north but the fact they're doing 5 arenas and Brixton is kinda funny.

I know there's scope for more Brixton shows, but still.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:13 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

spacer.png

£43.40 including all fees to see Courteeners at Brixton in November 2021.

Based on £65 for Glasgow and Birmingham on this tour, it's going to be £70 for Brixton in 2024.

If so, that's going to be the face value ticket price going up 100% in three years.

18 hours ago, plaskins said:

I guess if you enjoy going to gigs the inflation is a bit of a killer. I've noticed the price increases to be honest. Smaller bands still reasonable enough price wise

Yeah. It was already noteworthy even before 2020, and then since lockdown, it's just gone nuts.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly lengthy UK tour for Bob Dylan in Oct / Nov

I know it's low down in the many mysteries and vagaries of his Bobness, but I'll never understand his touring venues/schedule. 2 years ago doing the Palladium (just over 2000 capacity), followed by an enormodome in Dublin. This time the RAH with double that, Nottingham Arena which is huge (10,000?) and Bournemouth International Centre. Like I say, small beer, but still bewildering. Reckon I'll pass this time though. Over the last 35 years I've seen Dylan four times and it's ranged from the sublime to the godawful. Last time was in the sublime category. Reckon I'll stick with that.

34 minutes ago, Mardy said:

followed by an enormodome in Dublin. 

Played a stadium in Kilkenny in 2019. Neiler supporting granted.

No Irish date yet, may travel. Pity the RAH are weekdays.

Hes really giving the German market a good seeing to this time.

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

20240715_101817.thumb.jpg.9673a430a1ef9d4befbf0e7e8586bcf5.jpg

Is the london o2 forum kentish town? bit vague!

edit: quick google and it is. absolutely mad north-south venue disparity that! its about 1k vs arenas / headline fests up north!

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, JRhys29 said:

Amazed that she's arena level, but I guess that's where being Taylor's protege gets you.

My daughter, who's a massive fan, and I have been discussing for a while if, when she came to London, she'd end up at Hammersmith or Ally Pally. We're both astonished that the correct answer was the O2. Like you say, she's riding some pretty famous coattails.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fairly lengthy UK tour for Bob Dylan in Oct / Nov

24 dates, 9 of which in the UK. Certainly younger acts have done shorter tours.

Worth noting that it's also a "no phones while Bob is on stage" rule according to a piece in Metro.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Is the london o2 forum kentish town? bit vague!

edit: quick google and it is. absolutely mad north-south venue disparity that! its about 1k vs arenas / headline fests up north!

I mean, I don't think these are big venues in Hull and Newcastle either. Seems to be small venues in England but a higher level up in Scotland.