Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, I don't think these are big venues in Hull and Newcastle either. Seems to be small venues in England but a higher level up in Scotland.

That hull venue is 3.5k - about 3x as big in a city with 40x less people!

while not as extreme the newcastle one is 2k as well in another much smaller city

That Hull one sounds mad on paper, its not even particularly close to many other major metro areas.

1 hour ago, OllieMadd said:

Just want to give some general appreciation - this thread is where I get probably 80% of my gig news, it's fantastic 

snap! Checking in every day to see what’s been announced , and always hear it here first before I get all the spammy gigs/tour promo emails in the weeks that follow. 

really is a cracking thread 

23 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

Amazed that she's arena level, but I guess that's where being Taylor's protege gets you.

My 11 yo daughter has been massively on my case about this for a while now as GA's been teasing a tour announcement.

She pre-ordered her album so I've been instructed to be at my laptop at 10am tomorrow to 'get good seats, not nosebleeds' 😂 Can't see it selling out anytime soon but won't leave it to chance. Strange she's at the O2 and Chappell Roan sold out 3 nights at Brixton Academy in seconds but hasn't been upgraded? My son and his gf tried in vain to get tickets for those gigs but never even got close.

Edited by Semprini
mistake

3 hours ago, Semprini said:

My 11 yo daughter has been massively on my case about this for a while now as GA's been teasing a tour announcement.

She pre-ordered her album so I've been instructed to be at my laptop at 10am tomorrow to 'get good seats, not nosebleeds' 😂 Can't see it selling out anytime soon but won't leave it to chance. Strange she's at the O2 and Chappell Roan sold out 3 nights at Brixton Academy in seconds but hasn't been upgraded? My son and his gf tried in vain to get tickets for those gigs but never even got close.

Yeah tried for Chappell too and no chance, I remember being 7k in the queue for a 5k venue, no idea how long the queue was though

It's annoying because when the first shows went on sale it didn't have anywhere near the demand and I could have got tickets, but it was on dates I couldn't make. Then they moved it a week later and added a show but by then she had exploded and the demand was insane! 

Obviously I chose not to get tickets originally because I couldn't make the date so I didn't qualify for the past buyers presale thing either

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 12:13 PM, gfa said:

edit: quick google and it is. absolutely mad north-south venue disparity that! its about 1k vs arenas / headline fests up north!

Interesting article on the north/south split that a lot of acts have. Some arguments can probably be pulled apart but possible valid points on acts being given more time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/london-music-north-west-bands-b2578908.html?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR081ektfYv2CX2uO5xSeQla57dQkV2jblVMILSWpCMAIm4Ap4KBvTGsfSA_aem_HjrfS4VjE_TWnwlgekNIzw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Interesting article on the north/south split that a lot of acts have. Some arguments can probably be pulled apart but possible valid points on acts being given more time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/london-music-north-west-bands-b2578908.html?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR081ektfYv2CX2uO5xSeQla57dQkV2jblVMILSWpCMAIm4Ap4KBvTGsfSA_aem_HjrfS4VjE_TWnwlgekNIzw

It's not often I see this in effect, but there was a heavy amount of student indie disco at a wedding I was at last month. The Stoke side went mental for Not Nineteen Forever while the Birmingham side left the dancefloor.

On 7/13/2024 at 8:50 PM, briddj said:

£43.40 including all fees to see Courteeners at Brixton in November 2021.

Based on £65 for Glasgow and Birmingham on this tour, it's going to be £70 for Brixton in 2024.

If so, that's going to be the face value ticket price going up 100% in three years.

Turns out standing was only £47.50, so a small increase. Best seats were the expensive ones.

24 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I was flying over the co-op live (in a plane) when they had the screens showing the same image. 

Yeah they've tweeted too now. A fan on twitter has posted venues in Glasgow and Birmingham doing the same. I reckon that will be it.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Courteeners new tune is apparently about the number 17 bus...  which is my bus home & I still feel alienated by The Courteeners. Absolute dross. They remind me of bands I used to see when I was 15/16 at "Battle of the Bands" Rochdale.

None of them made it & it baffles me how the Courteeners did.

Good article though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

The O2 teasing Sabrina Carpenter news tomorrow 4pm. Hoping for a Cardiff/South West date. 

IMG_1065.jpeg

Seen a few voicing an annoyance that they'd already tried this week for Gracie Abrams tickets and won't quite have replenished the bank account before this is added to the list.

On 7/13/2024 at 8:50 PM, briddj said:

£43.40 including all fees to see Courteeners at Brixton in November 2021.

Based on £65 for Glasgow and Birmingham on this tour, it's going to be £70 for Brixton in 2024.

If so, that's going to be the face value ticket price going up 100% in three years.

The Manchester show will be worth it for me as DMA's are one of my favourite bands so for them, Courteeners and Mystery Jets it's actually quite good value as I like them all

13 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

The Manchester show will be worth it for me as DMA's are one of my favourite bands so for them, Courteeners and Mystery Jets it's actually quite good value as I like them all

Yeah, strong line up that.  Tempted myself.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:25 PM, JRhys29 said:

Amazed that she's arena level, but I guess that's where being Taylor's protege gets you.

Apparently sold out the O2 date now, bewildered at that, thought she would struggle, let alone selling it out this quickly

5 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Their last iteration were an incredible live act. Hafta assume the new one is too.

praying that we get Zulu as well. caught them in london last month and they were massive. would be a great night out

21 hours ago, panda97 said:

Apparently sold out the O2 date now, bewildered at that, thought she would struggle, let alone selling it out this quickly

I tried in the album pre-sale, the sign up pre-sale and then the general with no luck. The screen was just blank every time I tried to go through on my laptop so had to use my phone. Could have got platinum tickets that were about £180 each but ended up with a couple of what look like really decent seats at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam - worked out just under £70 each. 

It's during half term so will stay for a couple of nights and make a bit of a weekend of it. With travel and hotel it's all only about £50 more than the platinum tickets on their own. Actually panic bought a couple of standing tickets as well (they were all that showed up when I first got through) so if anyone fancies making the trip over let me know? They were about £50 each and are all sold out now. Can always put them on Ticketmaster resale or Ticketswap nearer the time.