Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 7/15/2024 at 12:13 PM, gfa said:

Is the london o2 forum kentish town? bit vague!

edit: quick google and it is. absolutely mad north-south venue disparity that! its about 1k vs arenas / headline fests up north!

I'm not sure what's going on in Glasgow at the moment but it seems loads of bands that would be better off at the Barras are being stuck on the Hydro and then not selling out... Makes it far easier to pick up a ticket so I guess I shouldn't complain, and maybe Glasgow is missing an in-between sized venue, but I'd never noticed it happen so much before.

Maybe @Ayrshire Chris or @CaledonianGonzoknows if that's an actual trend it just in my head

Edited by Sasperella2

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

I'm not sure what's going on in Glasgow at the moment but it seems loads of bands that would be better off at the Barras are being stuck on the Hydro and then not selling out... Makes it far easier to pick up a ticket so I guess I shouldn't complain, and maybe Glasgow is missing an in-between sized venue, but I'd never noticed it happen so much before.

Maybe @Ayrshire Chris or @CaledonianGonzoknows if that's an actual trend it just in my head

It’s relatively easy to get hydro tickets.  For instance Jamie Webster has just announced he’s at the hydro, thought barrowland would have suited him. 

On 7/19/2024 at 11:02 PM, panda97 said:

Apparently sold out the O2 date now, bewildered at that, thought she would struggle, let alone selling it out this quickly

I was a bit surprised at this too. Followed her for a few years now, still remember paying £10 for her first gigs over here but it's mad how big she's become. Swear she's not really had any noticeable hits either. Went to see her at Banquet last week and the only other gigs I've been to where the screams have been similar were Harry Styles and Taylor. 

Feels like such a mismatch of her audience and the music she makes, or is trying to. When she mentioned Bon Iver the crowd went silent, doubt 90% of them had a clue who he is. 

On 7/21/2024 at 5:54 AM, Sasperella2 said:

The Hydro, I believe, Is offering what could be classed, as largely 'discounted' rates where they bring the curtain down to reduce capacit., Its other perks such as the ability to drive right into the stage area for load in capability etc. mean its a good financial choice for artists which see themselves as having potential for growth but a solid fanbase.

The design of the hydro means they can just reduce staffing on bars / entrances etc etc with real time data to help to be able to offer such rates.

4 hours ago, SilverLining said:

The Hydro, I believe, Is offering what could be classed, as largely 'discounted' rates where they bring the curtain down to reduce capacit., Its other perks such as the ability to drive right into the stage area for load in capability etc. mean its a good financial choice for artists which see themselves as having potential for growth but a solid fanbase.

The design of the hydro means they can just reduce staffing on bars / entrances etc etc with real time data to help to be able to offer such rates.

A ha! This explains a lot! I saw QotSA there in Nov and it didn't sell out and seemed...quiet if you were near the back. Felt a bit soulless I guess! So IDLES, Fontaines and all these other much smaller bands seem like they might be a bit lost. 

I guess the answer though is just to get further forward!

I think they've always done that really, as suggested they are taking advantage of there not being a 4-5000 capacity venue so playing a scaled down capacity Hydro becomes an easy choice for an act that outgrows Barras/Academy.  Has the added advantage of better accessible facilties and even in the smaller configuration, seating that has a better view than the back of the balcony at the Academy. 

Things get might change if the 8,500 capacity in Edinburgh gets built (or the Hydro might get even more competitive).

(Should add that I've also seen the arena in Newcastle try a standing only configuration - where they curtained off the entire seating area - but it wasn't very convincing)

On 7/15/2024 at 9:25 AM, JRhys29 said:

Amazed that she's arena level, but I guess that's where being Taylor's protege gets you.

she actually opened for Olivia 2 years ago and thats what got her going. That, and the connections her father has. Never doubt nepo babies.  How else do you become a support act for 2 of the most popular tours in a row. Its not by accident. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still VIPs available, but £350 for Sabrina Carpenter is ridick 

Would explain this that popped up in my Twitter feed: Harrison Brocklehurst on X: "£240 to sit in the nosebleeds to see Sabrina Carpenter at the o2 - an artist with two hit singles and two other moderate hits. Absolutely APPALLING" / X

Feels like her booking agents are trying to run before they can walk.

Artist presale at 12 was much easier than album at 10. I even signed up to it at 11.20 and was emailed the code at 11.30. This is the second time now that I’ve purchased an album before release to get presale and album presale has let me down. Same thing happened with TLDP. They’re both albums I would buy anyway so not the biggest annoyance.

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This is cheaper than a Sabrina ticket. 

dd24.jpeg

It’s expensive but I think people are only choosing to look at her vip packages or ticketmaster platinum tickets. Her normal general seating and standing tickets were 60-80 pounds for Manchester whereas that festival appears to be 300 dollars.

Couldn't abide the whines of the Johnny Come-Latelys on twitter so I had a look at the real prices.

image.png.7dfe5f17e9000e8b57a0d3849ba76c41.png

Does anyone know what each band correlates to? Is it all seated?

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I paid £75 for GA standing in Glasgow - that said, I don't think there were a lot at the basic prices and it switched to dynamic quite quickly.

Wonder what the split between presale and gensale is. A tight presale is gonna ramp up demand for tomorrow

9 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Couldn't abide the whines of the Johnny Come-Latelys on twitter so I had a look at the real prices.

image.png.7dfe5f17e9000e8b57a0d3849ba76c41.png

Does anyone know what each band correlates to? Is it all seated?

Theres standing and then seats like most arena shows. And yeah, everyones just upset they missed out on regular prices pretty much.