Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 7/23/2024 at 9:44 PM, Karlos12345 said:

Hope Jack White announces more dates soon and adds a few gigs this side of the pond.

Yes, he's one of those as well that if he's touring when Glastonbury is on, he's playing in some way. From history, he has never been touring and not played Glastonbury at least since 2014 anyway which I think is similar to him being solo. Lazaretto your but Blunderbuss was a Glastonbury fallow as was Boarding House Reach and tours only last for like 9-12 months on each album so he's not got the second year to play it.

I would say based on that, he's very likely to play and he was a secret set last time so right now I'd be putting him subbing with Pulp and a female act. He could of course headline Other, I just don't see his ego taking that spot. 

On 3/4/2024 at 11:15 AM, Padjeq said:

image.thumb.jpeg.51a371f31e8fa61814cc54d0b7ac6524.jpeg

announced friday just gone. It's nice to have something like this promoted by Live Nation, so it's unlikely to be terribly handled and either empty (although I usually get freebies in that case) or cancelled. Was weighing up Reading for that weekend, feeling old vs the value of all those acts for the price, but now Jungle and Mette is 5 minutes walk from my flat

They've cancelled this. Jungle is moving to the NIA, The Streets are moving to the academy. Ducrot and OCS are cancelled. This happened yesterday but they haven't told anyone.

Can't find a pretty poster for it but Say Anything have announced two UK dates as part of their "...Is A Real Boy" 20th Anniversary Tour. 

EPIC

24/01/25 - 02 Ritz, Manchester

25/01/25 - 02 Forum, London 

Bucket list stuff for me. 

Vaccines tour in October/November:

October
22 – Bexhill, De La Warr Pavillion
23 – London, Roundhouse
25 – Norwich, UEA
26 – Lincoln, Engine Shed
27 – Coventry, HMV Empire
29 – Middlesbrough Town Hall
30 – Scarborough, The Spa
31 – Wolverhampton, University of Wolverhampton at The Wulfrun Hall
November
02 – Bournemouth, O2 Academy
03 – Cardiff, Great Hall
04 – Bath Forum

4 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

If anyone has so much disposable income that they want to spend it on an empty stage, Lauryn Hill has announced a Cardiff and Dublin show!

anyone got any pricing details for this Cardiff show?

Have seen Lauryn Hill before (turning up late as per),  but the Fugees playing the score would be the hook for me

Edited by internetjef

23 hours ago, Henrik said:

Can't find a pretty poster for it but Say Anything have announced two UK dates as part of their "...Is A Real Boy" 20th Anniversary Tour. 

EPIC

24/01/25 - 02 Ritz, Manchester

25/01/25 - 02 Forum, London 

Bucket list stuff for me. 

Was hoping for this tour to come over here until recently found out he is a massive dickhead

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

Was hoping for this tour to come over here until recently found out he is a massive dickhead

Oh I'm sure he is. They guy is clearly unhinged. 

Can't wait for the show. 

Porridge Radio, the indie rockers announce UK & Ireland tour dates for this November,

Dublin Whelans, 07 Nov
Nottingham Rescue Rooms, 18
Bristol The Marble Factory, 19
Leeds Irish Centre, 20
Glasgow Oran Mor Auditorium, 22
Newcastle University SU, 23
Manchester Gorilla, 25
London Electric Brixton, 26
Margate Lido, 29
Brighton Chalk, 30

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Fontaines DC have announced a Finsbury Park show for 5th July 2025 with Amyl & The Sniffers as support.

Had no idea they were that big of a deal ngl.

Kneecap support as well

Tickets around £62.00

Sold out two nights at ally pally pretty quickly, so if its their only London date next year, i can see it selling well

Not necessarily all that Glastonbury-adjacent, but Behemoth are playing brixton academy with Satyricon and Rotting Christ in what promises to be a delightfully moody night on Sat april 12 - only UK date announced, and its £56 for standing tickets which these days doesnt sound too terrible, all things considered. Might bust out me corpse paint! 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Not necessarily all that Glastonbury-adjacent, but Behemoth are playing brixton academy with Satyricon and Rotting Christ in what promises to be a delightfully moody night on Sat april 12 - only UK date announced, and its £56 for standing tickets which these days doesnt sound too terrible, all things considered. Might bust out me corpse paint! 

The thundering bass of Behemoth caused the contents of my bowels to be forcefully evacuated at a gig once 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

£56 for Behemoth sounds horrendous lol

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

The thundering bass of Behemoth caused the contents of my bowels to be forcefully evacuated at a gig once 👍

Thats an excellent and suitably god-killing outcome id say! 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

£56 for Behemoth sounds horrendous lol

I try and play a game these days whereby i try and predict what people will try and charge for a gig - as this was Brixton, only UK date, three bands on the bill all of whom are good, and the reasonable rarity of them live as well - i thought about fifty notes seems like the right price. barely anything is underneath fifty quid at brixton these days! 

32 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I try and play a game these days whereby i try and predict what people will try and charge for a gig - as this was Brixton, only UK date, three bands on the bill all of whom are good, and the reasonable rarity of them live as well - i thought about fifty notes seems like the right price. barely anything is underneath fifty quid at brixton these days! 

This is true. To be honest it's probably largely due to them not being my thing, I still thought it was just excessive. 

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

This is true. To be honest it's probably largely due to them not being my thing, I still thought it was just excessive. 

It absolutely is excessive. But as im used to getting absolutely smashed in the face on price, the opportunity to have just a few cuffs around the back of the head feels like its a result. 

I was at Wembley arena for a gig a couple of months back and their beer pricing structure is exactly the same - you see pints of Coors light for £8.65 and think jesus, thats absolutely disgusting! and it is, of course, in every single way, but with that established price point the idea of paying £8.95 for birra moretti feels like its almost a bargain. They're swindling me!