Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

20 minutes ago, Dales said:

I do hope they announce a second date. A second date would be the most nailed on straight to seat fillers gig ever.

They'd have to pay us a booking fee to take them off their hands! 

3 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Surely they are nowhere near a stadium sized band 

O2/Ally Pally I thought would be too big ....... mental 

They are 2nd headliner at reading for the second time, done finsbury twice etc

2 hours ago, Dales said:

Pencilling in the Catfish date along with a mesage to check Tickets for Good. 

That must be the most surprising announcement in ages, totally mind boggling. i  can't even remember the last time I even saw some one with one of their t-shirts on. Where they ever big?

Huge for dark fruits fans / university students etc

It will have a strong support no doubt to help boost it - obviously not selling out tho

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

They are 2nd headliner at reading for the second time, done finsbury twice etc

Huge for dark fruits fans / university students etc

It will have a strong support no doubt to help boost it - obviously not selling out tho

They are one of those bands that just passed me by and so have no idea how popular they are. All, I seem to remember is that, I was given free tickets for the first APE and assumed they must not be very popular. I never went as I had tickets for Echo & the Bunnymen at RAH. 

I never knew they had done Finsbury a few times.

13 minutes ago, Dales said:

They are one of those bands that just passed me by and so have no idea how popular they are. All, I seem to remember is that, I was given free tickets for the first APE and assumed they must not be very popular. I never went as I had tickets for Echo & the Bunnymen at RAH. 

I never knew they had done Finsbury a few times.

Just about every show at APE ends up with free tickets being given!

Anecdotal evidence from my mates was that it was at a bad time (i.e. middle of exams) which was a pain for a lot of their audience!

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Just about every show at APE ends up with free tickets being given!

Anecdotal evidence from my mates was that it was at a bad time (i.e. middle of exams) which was a pain for a lot of their audience!

I think they played the very first year before I knew APE would potentially be a freebie thing and so it just seemed wierd to be given free tickets for filling in a form and getting them posted to you. Plus been given them from local shop keepers who all only seemed to have Catfish ones, was just plain odd. I think that was the only year, I remember literal free tickets being handed out.

6 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Surely they are nowhere near a stadium sized band 

O2/Ally Pally I thought would be too big ....... mental 

I thought they were O2 big in fairness given they've apparently being playing capacities of that size on their run of reunion tours and are sub-headlining Liam Gallagher at Reading this weekend... sorry, co-headlining as per R&L's insistence on branding it that way.

Spurs stadium at 50,000+? Didn't see that coming at all. I mean, none of Foals, Biffy Clyro or Franz Ferdinand have ever tried for something that ambitious.

4 hours ago, Dales said:

I do hope they announce a second date. A second date would be the most nailed on straight to seat fillers gig ever.

Especially given the announced show is on a Sunday night so sticking an extra date on the Monday would be further ridiculous in its ambition.

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

Especially given the announced show is on a Sunday night so sticking an extra date on the Monday would be further ridiculous in its ambition.

is the saturday not free?

i assume its sat london / sun cardiff or something

clearly not getting an extra date anyway

Edited by gfa

Itll be interesting to see how they price it. If they're clever they'll go for under £50 which feels cheap for a stadium gig. If they do a Pearl Jam and start eying up ridiculous $$$ they'll have a couple of hundred people there and an absolute spectacle to look and laugh at. I think i'd prefer the latter. 

23 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Should I know who ‘Gary’ is?

According the singer's craic from their set at Hardwick Live; he's an 8ft fibre-glass gorilla that was stolen from a garden centre in Scotland

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

According the singer's craic from their set at Hardwick Live; he's an 8ft fibre-glass gorilla that was stolen from a garden centre in Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68656073

I remember the story and it must have struck a  cord with them. I can't remember if I read or they said when Isawthem recently that Gary would be joining them on stage at some venues on the tour. Venue attendance based on logistics.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Itll be interesting to see how they price it. If they're clever they'll go for under £50 which feels cheap for a stadium gig. If they do a Pearl Jam and start eying up ridiculous $$$ they'll have a couple of hundred people there and an absolute spectacle to look and laugh at. I think i'd prefer the latter. 

There's got to be a certain price a stadium gig must be before its profitable. Surely no less than £70 standing

6 hours ago, gfa said:

There's got to be a certain price a stadium gig must be before its profitable. Surely no less than £70 standing

I mean, Yungblud did £50 for all tickets at MK Bowl the other week, which is about stadium size.

Though it's hard to think it necessarily turned a profit given it didn't look full.

11 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Forgot how much this place hates catfish! 

I'm indifferent rather than actively hating them. Cocoon is a nice song but don't really recall any others that I've heard, at least not for several years.

I was just surprised. By all means, I think they're O2-level and likely had another fans to sell it out, but stadium-level is a hell of a swing. If it pays off, kudos - they clearly knew their popularity better than we do, and tbf I actually don't think it's a bad thing for a rock band whose albums have all come out in the last ten years to reach stadium level. However, on the surface it's incredibly ambitious.

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, Yungblud did £50 for all tickets at MK Bowl the other week, which is about stadium size.

Though it's hard to think it necessarily turned a profit given it didn't look full.

Think that was capped at 30K for Bludfest, but also didn't sell out. Wasn't that many people in there when I finally got in (after queuing for 3 hours). Yungblud said the bowl is cheap to run compared to anywhere else.

21 hours ago, gfa said:

🤣 The prices are stupid £81 for standing (2nd half of stadium) and 103 golden circle. 

Who do they think they are 🤣I love there music but hope this flops big time , needs bringing back to reality 

CATBM are the very epitome of Indie Landfill.  Some catchy tunes a decade ago and then loads of samey tracks ever since.  It's many years since my finger has been anywhere near "the pulse" but those venues at those prices!?  I'll be interested to see what the demand is, but it won't anywhere near sell out surely?

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Think that was capped at 30K for Bludfest, but also didn't sell out. Wasn't that many people in there when I finally got in (after queuing for 3 hours). Yungblud said the bowl is cheap to run compared to anywhere else.

Yungblud also did it to show it can be done for a cheaper price for the fans. Catfish is merely a cash grab, I’ve not kept up to date on them but the band are either not the original members or hate each other because that’s why they split in the first place. Shocked at the prices though. Madness but it’ll only end when people stop paying it. I watched Foo Fighters for £80 a ticket earlier in the year so the same for Catfish is a piss take.