Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I think some people will be surprised by how popular Catfish are. When Leeds announced their headliners (Blink 182, Lana, Liam Gallagher, Fred, Gerry, Catfish), Catfish had by FAR the most social media interactions, and all positive. The younguns absolutely adore them. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Pre sale standing seems to have sold out

This isn't true

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3500610EA1DD2E6C?did=uklnfan2ps&vvsa_consumer_id=29810291&vvsa_tracking=_vvsa_VHqOQB6H614760&irgwc=1&utm_source=1299513-UniversalMusicUk&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1299513&awtrc=&clickId=TLgUfQ1-pxyKRi3TQuXyP1BTUkCwKzRMbzk12U0&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_1299513&ircid=7559

Not sure what's up with the allocations but clearly its not sold like this with pairs on the ends of each row! Guess we'll see a proper view of the state of it friday

image.png.af16e1fe82205ebd1c527dd30c37725d.png

Edited by gfa

On 8/20/2024 at 11:57 AM, Dales said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68656073

I remember the story and it must have struck a  cord with them. I can't remember if I read or they said when Isawthem recently that Gary would be joining them on stage at some venues on the tour. Venue attendance based on logistics.

It's all pretty funny, they seem to be having fun with it all. "gorilla marketing".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

CATBM are the very epitome of Indie Landfill.  Some catchy tunes a decade ago and then loads of samey tracks ever since.  It's many years since my finger has been anywhere near "the pulse" but those venues at those prices!?  I'll be interested to see what the demand is, but it won't anywhere near sell out surely?

I saw them play in the basement of a pub in Leeds when they were just starting out. They had two or three local bands supporting them and as each one finished and packed up the crowd got thinner. It was really one of those moments that when they did come out it was nearly just us and the barstaff watching them.

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's all pretty funny, they seem to be having fun with it all. "gorilla marketing".  

I hope Gary can make the Hammersmith date.

As you say all good fun and gets them some coverage.

20 minutes ago, idb said:

I saw them play in the basement of a pub in Leeds when they were just starting out. They had two or three local bands supporting them and as each one finished and packed up the crowd got thinner. It was really one of those moments that when they did come out it was nearly just us and the barstaff watching them.

Unless those "local bands" went on to be become bigger than catfish, not really sure what that anecdote proves? 

39 minutes ago, idb said:

They've literally sold out arenas and beyond. Don't see the relevance tbh

2 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

I think some people will be surprised by how popular Catfish are. When Leeds announced their headliners (Blink 182, Lana, Liam Gallagher, Fred, Gerry, Catfish), Catfish had by FAR the most social media interactions, and all positive. The younguns absolutely adore them. 

Im gonna sound like an old man shouting at clouds here - but the young'uns who absolutely adore them need to be stopped and re-educated. 

2 hours ago, idb said:

just means peoples mates were watching / waiting for their friends bands and couldn't be arsed to stick around for the headliner who was unknown at that point?

9 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Think that was capped at 30K for Bludfest, but also didn't sell out. Wasn't that many people in there when I finally got in (after queuing for 3 hours). Yungblud said the bowl is cheap to run compared to anywhere else.

I wasn't aware of there being a cap tbf. It certainly looked more sparsely populated than Chase and Status at the same venue the night before.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

This aisle seats thing has become a bit of a recent trend - was seen during recent Muse and Killers shows at the O2. Just part of ticket company's commitments to get more money I guess.

11 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

🤣 The prices are stupid £81 for standing (2nd half of stadium) and 103 golden circle. 

Who do they think they are 🤣I love there music but hope this flops big time , needs bringing back to reality 

Jesus ha. I guess it's one thing that I'm unwilling to spend over £100 on a gig ticket but if C&TB can charge these kind of fees, Lord knows what a f**king mega-star will now deem acceptable.

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

This aisle seats thing has become a bit of a recent trend - was seen during recent Muse and Killers shows at the O2. Just part of ticket company's commitments to get more money I guess.

Weirdly my Springsteen ones for Wembley in the upper tier were the same price as the others in the block! Only got them because nobody used that option on the ticket sale. 

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

I wasn't aware of there being a cap tbf. It certainly looked more sparsely populated than Chase and Status at the same venue the night before.

not really shocking considering C&S was sold out !

6 hours ago, gfa said:

not really shocking considering C&S was sold out !

I have no idea if it was. On their own Instagram they said there were 45,000 in the house, which is smaller than the Bowl's 65,000 capacity, but maybe it was limited or something.

33 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Looks like Catfish is selling awfully in Cardiff at least 

They haven't sold out RDS Simmonscourt in Dublin at 60EUR a pop, those tickets have been on sale since before christmas and that's less than a 6.5k capacity. There is zero chance those stadium dates will do well.