Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 8/30/2024 at 3:11 AM, beau1 said:

I've seen the ads too. It only refers to the Tottenham gig. Standing at a stadium is relatively easy to sell out. There are many thousands of seated tickets left though. 

Was tempted to go have a look for myself on Ticketmaster to see if that was the case, but with Oasis about to go on sale, it might be a bit hard to get their site to work.

I'm just imagining someone who didn't know about the Oasis reunion until just now trying to get into SeeTickets or Ticketmaster to buy a ticket to something else and that request getting lost amid the wave upon wave of website breaking traffic for the Gallagher brothers' roadshow.

On 8/30/2024 at 12:15 AM, thatTFBguy said:

Getting ads saying catfish have sold out standing for their stadium gigs so may not be the historic low sellers this place has been predicting, though I suspect the seats will be a real struggle to shift.  

19 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well, somewhat surprisingly, they do seem to have sold out both standing and gold circle for the Spurs show (TM has now started working for non-Oasis traffic).

Maybe there's hope for them after all.

Its possible they went off sale to force seat sales then will be released as production holds later

The seats are not doing well at all.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Its possible they went off sale to force seat sales then will be released as production holds later

Either they’ve genuinely sold out with a lot of people getting fomo after missing out on Oasis, or they’ve held them back after Oasis went on sale?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Can't rule it out. And yeah I've seen there's plenty of seats available from my own reconnaissance look earlier.

Still puzzled as to why it's a thing. I think there's enough Catfish fans out there to have done the O2 Arena, maybe a couple of other arena dates here and there. This feels like trying to run before you can walk.

27 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Either they’ve genuinely sold out with a lot of people getting fomo after missing out on Oasis, or they’ve held them back after Oasis went on sale?

It is possible that a few people have booked an Oasis/Catfish double (assuming they could get a ticket site that worked for the Wembley Saturday). Maybe not enough to get them closer to selling the damn thing out, but enough to at least get a few in through the doors.

Though there were some suggesting maybe buy Catfish to make up for no Oasis, like ya said, even if it is like an online grocery delivery replacing a missing item with something less suitable in your order (i.e. an example I just saw on Sky News where a person who ordered binbags and instead got strawberries, or another where someone ordered chicken and instead got dog treats)

Edited by charlierc

23 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Can't rule it out. And yeah I've seen there's plenty of seats available from my own reconnaissance look earlier.

Still puzzled as to why it's a thing. I think there's enough Catfish fans out there to have done the O2 Arena, maybe a couple of other arena dates here and there. This feels like trying to run before you can walk.

It is possible that a few people have booked an Oasis/Catfish double (assuming they could get a ticket site that worked for the Wembley Saturday). Maybe not enough to get them closer to selling the damn thing out, but enough to at least get a few in through the doors.

Though there were some suggesting maybe buy Catfish to make up for no Oasis, like ya said, even if it is like an online grocery delivery replacing a missing item with something less suitable in your order (i.e. an example I just saw on Sky News where a person who ordered binbags and instead got strawberries, or another where someone ordered chicken and instead got dog treats)

They’ve done plenty of arenas before but this was a massive step up, the standing was always likely to sell out at both venues but no one’s buying seats to these. Can’t begin to tell you the number of bands I’ve seen at Leeds arena (including catfish) where they’ve completely closed off the top tier of seats.

They’d have been better off doing Heaton Park themselves - in their heartland area and all standing.

17 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I meant taken off sale to force people to buy seats

I doubt oasis FOMO sales are going to make much of an impact to be honest!

I think it went offsale pre oasis ticket sale btw

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I meant taken off sale to force people to buy seats

I doubt oasis FOMO sales are going to make much of an impact to be honest!

I think it went offsale pre oasis ticket sale btw

I would have probably got a London ticket if I hadn’t got Oasis. Thought their Leeds set was them back to their best, complete contrast to the 2021 headline set where they couldn’t be arsed, but we didn’t know they’d imploded at that point!

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Having cancelled a show on the day in Dublin at the weekend, Catfish have just cancelled their Australian and US tours. Or rather had people confirm they were cancelled on their behalf, with the first show in Sydney also cancelled on the day.

Will be amazed if next year's stadium gigs go ahead at this rate.

10 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

As someone with absolutely no knowledge on the subject, what is happening with Catfish and these cancelled shows? Problems between members or low ticket sales etc?

think van is just ill to be honest - not sure

Everything is weird with this Catfish comeback. No interviews, very little communication at all when things go wrong, won't play the new song, they know the fans love Tyrants and steadfastly refuse to play it.

Their fans are a little obsessive. Reading their rants on Reddit is very entertaining.

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Everything is weird with this Catfish comeback. No interviews, very little communication at all when things go wrong, won't play the new song, they know the fans love Tyrants and steadfastly refuse to play it.

Their fans are a little obsessive. Reading their rants on Reddit is very entertaining.

van mccann has always been a knob

think people are just pissed off

Had an email yesterday from See advising The Mysterines gig in Sheffield (Feb next year) has been cancelled.  A mate who was going to see them elsewhere and had the same so maybe the whole tour has been shelved.  Anyone got any idea why?  Seems odd 6 months out to can it unless they've split or something similar.

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Had an email yesterday from See advising The Mysterines gig in Sheffield (Feb next year) has been cancelled.  A mate who was going to see them elsewhere and had the same so maybe the whole tour has been shelved.  Anyone got any idea why?  Seems odd 6 months out to can it unless they've split or something similar.

Just said "recent circumstances" and "after careful consideration" in a social media statement: the mysterines on X: "https://t.co/9jG7B0e7kV" / X

Not sure why they've cancelled either.

4 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

van mccann has always been a knob

think people are just pissed off

I don't think they've helped themselves with a lot of poor communication.

Dublin was one thing - famously, Dave Gahan had to cancel a Depeche Mode show in Greece in 2009 with a stomach bug that kicked in just as the show was due to start that, upon examination, revealed a more serious condition that lead to 2 months of shows being canned. So a last minute illness can happen. But cancelling a Sydney show on the day with no word on whether they even made it to Australia is another.

Speculation might not be useful, but I guess a vacuum's appeared for their fans to really go crazy with it.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

All future dates (both this years tour and next years) cancelled due to "recent circumstances".

No further details than that.

As noted elsewhere, Linkin Park have announced a reunion with Dead Sara singer Emily Armstrong as their new lead vocalist, along with a new drummer, and have a brief tour booked with talk of more shows in 2025.

UK date is London O2 on 24th September, with tickets on sale from 10am next Friday.  Shows in LA, New York, Hamburg and Seoul are also in September, plus a Bogota show in November.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

As noted elsewhere, Linkin Park have announced a reunion with Dead Sara singer Emily Armstrong as their new lead vocalist, along with a new drummer, and have a brief tour booked with talk of more shows in 2025.

UK date is London O2 on 24th September, with tickets on sale from 10am next Friday.  Shows in LA, New York, Hamburg and Seoul are also in September, plus a Bogota show in November.

Shame she's a scientologist who wrote a letter trying to get rapist danny masterson a lighter sentence