Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

Green Day and Shawn Mendes confirmed earlier as headliners for Lollapalooza India, with Louis Tomlinson, Glass Animals, Zedd and Nothing but Thieves among the undercard.

This in the grand Lolla tradition of just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks huh.

Festivals in countries that don't often get them are always a bit random. Think its just acts that haven't been there for a while to get dedicated fans in

19 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I looked it up out of curiosity:

• 4 x UK number one singles
  • 8 x UK top ten singles
  • 18 x UK top forty singles
  • 5 x UK number one albums
  • 2 x UK number 2 albums

Fair play to the lad.

My brain read this in the x-factor announcer voice.

I've actually seen Murs twice. Once on the X-Factor tour (gifted ticket, Jedward were the highlight) and once just a few months ago supporting Take That. The second time he was a heater, and performed his own songs alongside a few covers like Let's Twist Again - which certainly worked on this audience. The twentysomethings in front of me screamed when he thrust his groin. He's like an Elvis for people that were driven 1 mile to school everyday in a 4x4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Festivals in countries that don't often get them are always a bit random. Think its just acts that haven't been there for a while to get dedicated fans in

Checks out. This is Green Day's first ever show in India, and I believe NBT also said it'll be their first visit there too.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Franz Ferdinand will be releasing a new album in January, with a brief European tour in Feb/March '25.

UK shows are Shepherd's Bush Empire in London on March 5th and Barrowlands in Glasgow on the 7th, with general sale at 10am next Friday.

Gah I'd hoped they'd be doing a proper UK tour. Feels like it's been an absolute age!

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

Green Day and Shawn Mendes confirmed earlier as headliners for Lollapalooza India, with Louis Tomlinson, Glass Animals, Zedd and Nothing but Thieves among the undercard.

This in the grand Lolla tradition of just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks huh.

Current ticket release wave equivalent to £90 for the 2 day weekend ticket (first release was £63). Be interesting to see what the advance sales are. They usually buy at the gate in India.

Edited by Padjeq

34 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Franz Ferdinand will be releasing a new album in January, with a brief European tour in Feb/March '25.

UK shows are Shepherd's Bush Empire in London on March 5th and Barrowlands in Glasgow on the 7th, with general sale at 10am next Friday.

Shepherds bush yumm

4 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

Gah I'd hoped they'd be doing a proper UK tour. Feels like it's been an absolute age!

I'm surprised it's not more extensive either. The Hits to the Head shows were just London, Manchester and Glasgow.

I know their new era is starting with a few Scotland sweatbox shows later this month but it's not quite the same scale.

3 hours ago, Burritomancer said:

Why hasn’t she just come out with a full UK tour announcement yet, this is so bizarre to me?

It's an odd one, yeah. Can imagine there's people in areas that are now getting these extra stadium dates who've already gone through the commitment of buying tickets and accommodation to Wembley being annoyed that they didn't hold out for the show coming closer to them.

Although some will just go f**k it and buy tickets to both anyway.