Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, incident said:

As you say, August to early-May is out for any club football side that wants to keep the pitch in decent condition. Anfield also has a specific restriction that bans gigs in July, so is only really an option for gigs in late May and June.

There not a comparably sized stadium up north that could've fit in? Or are all the other equivalent size places to Anfield in use because also being used for football?

... well maybe Murrayfield or Hampden Park, perhaps.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'll be interested in how these sell. The 4th year of the same tour, with an ever increasing number of new songs basically put into the same production. Even as a fan I won't be going again 

I’d go but mates sadly don’t fancy it , and don’t fancy a Wembley trek on my own 

18 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Chase and Status’ recent explosion in size is one of the more baffling things to me. I’ve just completely missed it.

Saw them at the Academy in Glasgow about 10 years ago and did not expect this size of tour in their future 

Baddadan

(also dance music huge at the moment for young people, with DNB leading the charge)

Edited by gfa

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-cure-launch-secret-songs-of-a-lost-world-website-and-whatsapp-channel-3794283

No dates yet, but I'd expect The Cure to be on the road next summer. 

Interesting marketing campaign though - cryptic (to non-Cure fans) advertising also being displayed in Crawley, Madrid, Rome, Toronto, Montreal & NYC. 

2 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Chase and Status’ recent explosion in size is one of the more baffling things to me. I’ve just completely missed it.

Saw them at the Academy in Glasgow about 10 years ago and did not expect this size of tour in their future 

They went from being really popular in the late 2000s to about 2013 during the dubstep era and end credits used for Harry Brown. Released Brand New Machine and despite it being popular in the charts alot of people didn't like it and there first arena tour in 2014 didn't sell that great then during the mid 10's they were struggling to fill academies so they resorted to just doing DJ sets and now in the last 12 months they've blown up again and are bigger than ever. They've had quite the comeback. Sort of reminds me of when Prodigy released invaders must die. 

Edited by Steve G

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'll be interested in how these sell. The 4th year of the same tour, with an ever increasing number of new songs basically put into the same production. Even as a fan I won't be going again 

Given they've advertised the £20 tickets going on sale in November, I'd imagine there'll be quite a few who might hang back to try and get a deal. Any fans that regularly go to stadium shows will know it's not going to be tough to get a ticket further down the line, even if they do shift a good amount on onsale day.

4 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Shows what a few viral singles can do for a career. 

I’ve booked tickets for Neighbourhood Festival in Manchester after enjoying it a few years ago when Baby Queen, Circa Waves, Alfie Templeman and Louis Dunford were on. 

Lineup looks like this:

image.thumb.png.ad097855c79441d85b199bca90c1611b.png

Can anyone recommend any lesser known acts on here that are worth checking out? They’ve not released set times yet but, clashes allowing, I’ve currently got the following on my shortlist: 

• Pale Waves
  • Antony Szmierek
  • Louis Dunford
  • Red Rum Club
  • Chappaqua Wrestling
  •  Brooke Combes

Anyone else I should be looking out for?

Wasn’t sure where to post this but as there are still tickets available it kinda fits this thread. 

21 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Anyone else I should be looking out for?

Feet are quite fun (listen to 'English Weather' to see if you enjoy them). Chloe Slater is playing Live at Leeds in Nov and has a very catchy track called 'Price on Fun'. Saw Brògeal in a support slot last year - Celtic folk act - good craic. Have a good one!