Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 9/21/2024 at 11:36 AM, northernangel said:

I thought halestorm were a decent support

I don't think they're bad! But I'm reminded of Metallica having Ghost the other year, for example, a band very much themselves with an arena pull to some extent.

This being said, hearing a lot of neutral chatter from folk I know interested in that London Stadium show. Reckon that a few will hang fire too until Glastonbury's sale has been and gone, and then may plump for it as a consolation.

6 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I don't think they're bad! But I'm reminded of Metallica having Ghost the other year, for example, a band very much themselves with an arena pull to some extent.

This being said, hearing a lot of neutral chatter from folk I know interested in that London Stadium show. Reckon that a few will hang fire too until Glastonbury's sale has been and gone, and then may plump for it as a consolation.

I prefer Halestorm to Ghost so.

Just now, northernangel said:

I prefer Halestorm to Ghost so.

Halestorm don't have the corpse of the Pope playing a sax solo, which is a mark against them next to Ghost, alas.

But it's more reflective of size. Ghost were on the verge of becoming an arena band at that point. I'm not sure, a one-off at Wembley Arena aside, Halestorm have that pull across the rest of the UK to compare.

Alter Bridge wouldn't have been a bad shout, had Creed not taken priority.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Halestorm don't have the corpse of the Pope playing a sax solo, which is a mark against them next to Ghost, alas.

But it's more reflective of size. Ghost were on the verge of becoming an arena band at that point. I'm not sure, a one-off at Wembley Arena aside, Halestorm have that pull across the rest of the UK to compare.

Alter Bridge wouldn't have been a bad shout, had Creed not taken priority.

Yea size wise you are correct. Creed however would have been the one.