Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Yeah that's not a great IOW line up line up so far. 

Phonics and Paul Heaton are both brilliant live with loads of hits so they will be good as they always are. 

Absolutely no interest in Sting or Timberlake though. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sting more likely for BST - his poster is like a 'chase the money' list so it just needs BST for the full house.

both are defo top contenders

35 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not so much a tour as a single, but The Cure drop Alone on Thursday. Dates on the Friday, one would think.

Don't reckon they'll divert much attention from the music at this point given the hype around it. I expect if there's a tour it'll be on or after November 1st. Preorders will be going up Thursday too by the sounds of it.

45 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Don't reckon they'll divert much attention from the music at this point given the hype around it. I expect if there's a tour it'll be on or after November 1st. Preorders will be going up Thursday too by the sounds of it.

At the very least, that reported Blackpool show may get a nudge. (Imagine that would be very imminent though.)

Managed to bag tix for Teddy Swims in Manchester and Supergrass in Leeds last week.  Teddy will be my first gig at Co-op Live.  Anyone been and is it any good?

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Managed to bag tix for Teddy Swims in Manchester and Supergrass in Leeds last week.  Teddy will be my first gig at Co-op Live.  Anyone been and is it any good?

Got my folks tickets for The Eagles there and they loved it. I thought it was a very good step up on the AO Arena when I went for SP/Weezer and then The Killers. One side of the corridor around lower bowl seating however appears to be strangely narrower than the other.

29 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

GYKCq2ZXsAAyubz?format=jpg&name=small

Absolutely one million percent at this: Southampton engine rooms for me! Little sunday night down the coast, travelodge rooms £31 a ten minute walk away, lovely stuff! Never been to the engine rooms but it looks alright on google (as these places always tend to be) but being in an industrial estate is a bit bloody weird 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I can't be the only one scratching my head at Timberlake's tour bookers choosing Chelmsford and Lytham over, say, BST Hyde Park, right?

Part of me wondered if there's a PR reason to it, or if the metrics didn't line up for a guaranteed sell-out. (Which would be weird, given he shifted those two dates at The O2 Arena alright, didn't he?)

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wondering if / why it didn't work out for the G?  Maybe he was demanding headline or nothing and they weren't open to it.  Or whether he'd have subbed or played down for £££ that they just don't have.

I'd have assumed he wanted to top the bill and a certain amount of coin that they may not have been willing to budge on. Might also be the case they were already sorted or had another act of a similar size they would rather splash the cash on, perhaps.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd have assumed he wanted to top the bill and a certain amount of coin that they may not have been willing to budge on. Might also be the case they were already sorted or had another act of a similar size they would rather splash the cash on, perhaps.

Or it could have been a bad press thing, given the Britney Spears autobiography and the drink-driving charges.

28 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Absolutely one million percent at this: Southampton engine rooms for me! Little sunday night down the coast, travelodge rooms £31 a ten minute walk away, lovely stuff! Never been to the engine rooms but it looks alright on google (as these places always tend to be) but being in an industrial estate is a bit bloody weird 

I can make out Shadow of Intent, but absolutely no idea what the other other three bands' logos say on that!

Treacle Decapitation?

Peach Head?

• Upvote 1