Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd have assumed he wanted to top the bill and a certain amount of coin that they may not have been willing to budge on. Might also be the case they were already sorted or had another act of a similar size they would rather splash the cash on, perhaps.

I mean absolutely if he was demanding a fat stack and also wanting to top the bill then telling him to do one was absolutely the right move.  It's ain't 2006 any more.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean absolutely if he was demanding a fat stack and also wanting to top the bill then telling him to do one was absolutely the right move.  It's ain't 2006 any more.

I wish it was 2006 sometimes, mind you. (Not so we can have JT headline Glastonbury, to clarify.)

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Managed to bag tix for Teddy Swims in Manchester and Supergrass in Leeds last week.  Teddy will be my first gig at Co-op Live.  Anyone been and is it any good?

I've been a couple of times in the accessible area and easily the most accommodating venue I've been to. My only gripe with the place is the massive random blankness behind the stage, makes the stage look a bit lost. That said, sound is fantastic, area surrounding is fantastic, chairs are comfortable, staff were very friendly, one of my favourite venues in the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I've been a couple of times in the accessible area and easily the most accommodating venue I've been to. My only gripe with the place is the massive random blankness behind the stage, makes the stage look a bit lost. That said, sound is fantastic, area surrounding is fantastic, chairs are comfortable, staff were very friendly, one of my favourite venues in the UK. 

I assumed that was for the in-the-round seating that doesn't appear to have been used yet for many events.

8 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I can make out Shadow of Intent, but absolutely no idea what the other other three bands' logos say on that!

Treacle Decapitation?

Peach Head?

The absolutely magnificent Cattle Decapitation, who are perhaps the premier exponents of deathgrind these days - give Death Atlas a spin, its probs my favourite album of the last decade or so - absolutely furious and quite melodic alongside the heavy, the riffs and the screams.

Vulvodynia are one of the support, and Revocation are the last one though ill be honest i havtn got a clue about them - the first three i do know and have listened to. I bloody love metal band logos, theyre increasingly ridiculous - Sanguisugabogg would be my favourite, them or Xavleg 😄 genuine nonsense logos, theyre a day off for a graphic designer 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

The absolutely magnificent Cattle Decapitation, who are perhaps the premier exponents of deathgrind these days - give Death Atlas a spin, its probs my favourite album of the last decade or so - absolutely furious and quite melodic alongside the heavy, the riffs and the screams.

Vulvodynia are one of the support, and Revocation are the last one though ill be honest i havtn got a clue about them - the first three i do know and have listened to. I bloody love metal band logos, theyre increasingly ridiculous - Sanguisugabogg would be my favourite, them or Xavleg 😄 genuine nonsense logos, theyre a day off for a graphic designer 

To the uninitiated, you can politely say it is "challenging".

To those in the know, I'd still recommend ear defenders. They do go quite loud.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Yeah, I was actually surprised that I could read one of the bands' names! They should ask for their money back on that logo, it's nowhere near metal enough if you can read it!

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Part of me wondered if there's a PR reason to it, or if the metrics didn't line up for a guaranteed sell-out. (Which would be weird, given he shifted those two dates at The O2 Arena alright, didn't he?)

Well I thought his name and back catalogue would've had enough clout to do BST Hyde Park for one.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I can't be the only one scratching my head at Timberlake's tour bookers choosing Chelmsford and Lytham over, say, BST Hyde Park, right?

The promoters of these shows, Cuffe & Taylor, seem to be expanding their reach. Getting the Def Leppard/Motley Crue tour which also stopped at Wembley Stadium (albeit with poor ticket sales) was a sign they're looking to move to bigger headline acts. 
It's still possible JT will play at BST... 

Edited by Dark Star

10 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

The promoters of these shows, Cuffe & Taylor, seem to be expanding their reach. Getting the Def Leppard/Motley Crue tour which also stopped at Wembley Stadium (albeit with poor ticket sales) was a sign they're looking to move to bigger headline acts. 
It's still possible JT will play at BST... 

Wouldn't read much into that - C&T are part of Live Nation, and so their reach is whatever LN wants it to be.