Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

16 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

I haven't seen Billy Joel before and I'm usually happy to pay a "hometown tax" on big acts that save me hundreds of pounds travelling to London, as I've done for acts like Springsteen in the past. 

Likewise.  I wouldn't travel to see the mafioso-looking motherf**ker.

I doubt Billy gets out of bed for much less than £4m per show nowadays, well out of Glastonbury's league.

I'm not convinced this will even sell out at those prices. Restricted-views are going for £157. There are top tier seats on the side stands (where sound is notoriously bad) on sale at £194.

Liverpool isn't exactly the most affluent of places. While the lack of shows may get people in from further afield, 3-star hotels in Liverpool are going for £300 that night, so throwing in travel, food and bevvies, a couple would be looking at spending the best part of a grand on a night out.

8 of us were initially interested in going. There's a couple of older people who wanted to sit so we were looking at midrange seats. They'd have happily paid £100-£120 but nobody is interested at double that.

That temple Newsum gig is genuinely going to take some beating as a gig for me this year. I hate the venue but for £66 I've got 4 of my favourite bands ever playing. If you'd have booked The Libertines over Kasier Cheifs that might be up there with my favourite lineup for a day. It's like someone had just gone go back to indie 2000s and said this is the gig people want, hella yes!

19 minutes ago, jenko said:

I doubt Billy gets out of bed for much less than £4m per show nowadays, well out of Glastonbury's league.

I'm not convinced this will even sell out at those prices. Restricted-views are going for £157. There are top tier seats on the side stands (where sound is notoriously bad) on sale at £194.

Liverpool isn't exactly the most affluent of places. While the lack of shows may get people in from further afield, 3-star hotels in Liverpool are going for £300 that night, so throwing in travel, food and bevvies, a couple would be looking at spending the best part of a grand on a night out.

8 of us were initially interested in going. There's a couple of older people who wanted to sit so we were looking at midrange seats. They'd have happily paid £100-£120 but nobody is interested at double that.

My latest update is that I can select Best Available for three tickets and be easily rewarded with a £600 bill. I don't think this will sell out tomorrow. It likely will - people will travel for it, especially from the south - but starting to bank that there may be cheaper options to pick up in June, whether through drops, resale or late release.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

My latest update is that I can select Best Available for three tickets and be easily rewarded with a £600 bill. I don't think this will sell out tomorrow. It likely will - people will travel for it, especially from the south - but starting to bank that there may be cheaper options to pick up in June, whether through drops, resale or late release.

yeah I'm going to keep an eye out. I can't commit in case we're volunteering at Glastonbury, in which case we head down on the Sunday. If we get normal tickets, I'll definitely be looking for bargains that week

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That temple Newsum gig is genuinely going to take some beating as a gig for me this year. I hate the venue but for £66 I've got 4 of my favourite bands ever playing. If you'd have booked The Libertines over Kasier Cheifs that might be up there with my favourite lineup for a day. It's like someone had just gone go back to indie 2000s and said this is the gig people want, hella yes!

Same, myself and my friends all went to uni in Leeds, starting in 2005, all into indie music and those bands all soundtracked our time there, especially that first year. The Cribs are one of my favourite bands, with The New Fellas my favourite of their albums, I love We Are Scientists and Razorlight doing the whole of Up All Night is something I've wanted to see. Add in The Coral, and even Kaiser Chiefs are quite good live still (saw them at Y Not the other month and really enjoyed it). Getting a big group to that one it seems!

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Same, myself and my friends all went to uni in Leeds, starting in 2005, all into indie music and those bands all soundtracked our time there, especially that first year. The Cribs are one of my favourite bands, with The New Fellas my favourite of their albums, I love We Are Scientists and Razorlight doing the whole of Up All Night is something I've wanted to see. Add in The Coral, and even Kaiser Chiefs are quite good live still (saw them at Y Not the other month and really enjoyed it). Getting a big group to that one it seems!

For me 3 of those bands are still better than anything related in indie music today.

6 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

How easy is it to get to the venue for Kaiser Chiefs from the city? Thats an all timer line up. 4 classic albums from the high school days.

I've booked a hotel within half hours walk. No chance I'm staying in Leeds city center for it again....plus it's a bit of a shithole full of everything wring with today lol. 

51 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd assumed it'd be on AXS because I thought they were the main provider for Anfield. Perhaps not though.

Either way, AXS is now fully deadlinking the pre-sale from those emails. Cannot get through to even see what they're offering.

I had a major headache trying to secure Macca O2 tickets on the AXS presale - again the f**kers blocked me thinking I was a bot. Shut everything down and started again at the back of the queue using a different WiFi - still no joy. By then it was showing sold out. I started again using crappy 4G on my phone and managed to bag a pair that someone had presumably binned, so ended up happy, albeit ultra stressed.

I’ve noticed though that recently it’s been much more of a bunfight to secure tickets for any popular gig than previously. It’s not just battling other punters, but now the forces of evil