Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Did arenas on their last run. They weren't anywhere near full in Leeds, but also clearly could have shifted the city's O2 Academy three times over and not broken a sweat.

One of those groups who would benefit with more 7,000 to 8,000 capacity venues throughout the country, perhaps.

I've always thought Leeds for some reason struggled more than other cities?, I might be wrong.

Just now, northernangel said:

I've always thought Leeds for some reason struggled more than other cities?, I might be wrong.

Generally does, mostly because Manchester is already on the tour. It's much easier to get back from Manchester to Leeds / Liverpool than it is to get back from Leeds to Liverpool, for example, which can mean that in additional to cannibalising sales, people will plump for the other out of convenience.

A lot really does just depend on the size of the market though. Iron Maiden did every UK arena on their 2017 run, and the only ones they didn't sell out? Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield.

You generally only make that mistake once as a booker though if you don't pull it off.

A Leeds absence from pop-punk tours can also suggest a slot at Slam Dunk however. There's a lot in play.

38 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

GZ1tKYBXMAcqSVB?format=jpg&name=large

Real lack of amazement here that the Europe's largest indoor venue has been booked by a literal poet.

Bloke was playing 1,000 seaters last year, I know he's from the North, but that is an astonishingly optimistic booking

Edited by JayDiesel

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

Real lack of amazement here that the Europe's largest indoor venue has been booked by a literal poet.

Bloke was playing 1,000 seaters last year, I know he's from the North, but that is an astonishingly optimistic booking

It will be hyper-reduced capacity. Top tier off, stage very far forward, floor seating.