Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

And it's in Vegas so it'll be similarly sun-bathed.

... in theory.

That can definitely go either way lol. Turned up one yesr in Vegas in April, high 20s into 30s sunshine day to night....second time it rained a little there and it had rained prior to getting there. But Vegas humidity is amazing....it's never a too hot feeling unless likely late June, July and August maybe?....I've some highs that that maybe Vegas would be fine. 

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

you said you want a Coachella alternative. Well its the same weekend lol

I've heard that coachella don't gave drinking pens anymore?

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

That can definitely go either way lol. Turned up one yesr in Vegas in April, high 20s into 30s sunshine day to night....second time it rained a little there and it had rained prior to getting there. But Vegas humidity is amazing....it's never a too hot feeling unless likely late June, July and August maybe?....I've some highs that that maybe Vegas would be fine. 

Hence the "maybe"

It's like my experience of going on holiday to Seville two weeks ago to a week of non-stop sunshine and high 20s into 30s. Had I gone this week it would've been perhaps the first week all year where it's been pissing it down.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I've heard that coachella don't gave drinking pens anymore?

The beer gardens or "beer jail" as we also call them do still exist. But you can just move freely now with your drink. The shift in policy was never officially announced and it likely never will, you just have to know pretty much. There are a couple of exceptions still. The 2 enclosed tents with AC do not allow alcohol on the floor but they have bars within them. Lots of people do still stay in the beer gardens  because you have shade and a place to sit. Most people want to have a break so it still serves its purpose cause you might be eating too.

You would probably agree to some extent that the extra trash around the grounds because of all the beer cups in circulation is not the best thing though. Thats my gripe with it. I still dont like people just getting in the middle of a crowd with a beer and spilling the thing. And besides, it can get so scorcho that you really dont want to be in the direct sun with your drink. But to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

The beer gardens or "beer jail" as we also call them do still exist. But you can just move freely now with your drink. The shift in policy was never officially announced and it likely never will, you just have to know pretty much. There are a couple of exceptions still. The 2 enclosed tents with AC do not allow alcohol on the floor but they have bars within them. Lots of people do still stay in the beer gardens  because you have shade and a place to sit. Most people want to have a break so it still serves its purpose cause you might be eating too.

You would probably agree to some extent that the extra trash around the grounds because of all the beer cups in circulation is not the best thing though. Thats my gripe with it. I still dont like people just getting in the middle of a crowd with a beer and spilling the thing. And besides, it can get so scorcho that you really dont want to be in the direct sun with your drink. But to each their own. 

I guess though if you sit on the ground like away from the stage a bit with drink in hand then it's not on the floor. I can't lie the experience there being able to walk around freely with a drink would be so much better....I think it's different when you've never had anything different. I get the shade but I also think you know your limits. I had a few drinks during the day when I went but was cautious due to dehydration, I never had a can't do this feeling. I did get tired at the night went on as obviously Coachella does go on later than most festival's in the UK main stage wise and the sun sets so darkness is there much earlier in the evening like 19:15/17 time, either way by 19:30 we're getting dark, whereas Glastonbury is at the countries latest daylight point.

Coachella is so much different from when I used to go that it wouldn't be worth it now. But to be able to go to the bar behind the main stage or to the left the stage or anywhere actually on site/into one of the tents and just have a drink while watching a band would open things up. The prices however would soon stop you lol. I remember we just had standard car camping, turned up about 30 minutes before the gates opened and got quite close to the entrance gates about 3 rows back....not sure if that same system is in place? Cars were searched on way through not that they would find anything....we were told by security those are the cars we like haha. There was a tent a little walk away where you could get some essentials and chair buts for if you had a way of cooking them given people had campers but food options in tbe campsite were very limited to pretty much an average at best burger option.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I guess though if you sit on the ground like away from the stage a bit with drink in hand then it's not on the floor. I can't lie the experience there being able to walk around freely with a drink would be so much better....I think it's different when you've never had anything different. I get the shade but I also think you know your limits. I had a few drinks during the day when I went but was cautious due to dehydration, I never had a can't do this feeling. I did get tired at the night went on as obviously Coachella does go on later than most festival's in the UK main stage wise and the sun sets so darkness is there much earlier in the evening like 19:15/17 time, either way by 19:30 we're getting dark, whereas Glastonbury is at the countries latest daylight point.

Coachella is so much different from when I used to go that it wouldn't be worth it now. But to be able to go to the bar behind the main stage or to the left the stage or anywhere actually on site/into one of the tents and just have a drink while watching a band would open things up. The prices however would soon stop you lol. I remember we just had standard car camping, turned up about 30 minutes before the gates opened and got quite close to the entrance gates about 3 rows back....not sure if that same system is in place? Cars were searched on way through not that they would find anything....we were told by security those are the cars we like haha. There was a tent a little walk away where you could get some essentials and chair buts for if you had a way of cooking them given people had campers but food options in tbe campsite were very limited to pretty much an average at best burger option.

Lots of things have changed. Camping has evolved a bit more. They have preferred  car camping which gives you a spot like you  got is an extra $150 now. Theres also Lake El Dorado which is ore erected camping and its nice. So think Worthy View but by water. And theres Tipis and Safari Camping which is ultra vip camping since you get guest passes. And the Safari Residencies which are essentially air conditioned apartments.  But theres much better food options in general albeit more pricey. More stores for items thats for sure. Yoga and other activities too.  Plenty of people cook at their campsite and theres a shuttle to go to the super market if you want too. The funniest thing is that Heineken has been giving out free cases of Heineken Silver to campers and they literally do not touch it cause its basically water. Its still worth it if you like the line up. Ignore the influencer talk. Find the music and have fun. Grounds are much bugger now anyway.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Lots of things have changed. Camping has evolved a bit more. They have preferred  car camping which gives you a spot like you  got is an extra $150 now. Theres also Lake El Dorado which is ore erected camping and its nice. So think Worthy View but by water. And theres Tipis and Safari Camping which is ultra vip camping since you get guest passes. And the Safari Residencies which are essentially air conditioned apartments.  But theres much better food options in general albeit more pricey. More stores for items thats for sure. Yoga and other activities too.  Plenty of people cook at their campsite and theres a shuttle to go to the super market if you want too. The funniest thing is that Heineken has been giving out free cases of Heineken Silver to campers and they literally do not touch it cause its basically water. Its still worth it if you like the line up. Ignore the influencer talk. Find the music and have fun. Grounds are much bugger now anyway.

I forgot the extra preferred camping, that $150 is a big out off. To be honest it was turning influencer when I went with checking into stages which never registered correctly anyway lol. Never enough on the lineups for me. This yesr pretty much started and stopped with Blur, No Doubt and Charlotte de whitte...which is more than most lol.

image.thumb.png.2886d531dced155d58ea13c835add896.png

Layout for Busted vs McFly (at the NEC). Took me 75 minutes in the omni-queue to get here. I hope when they open dates they don't use ticketek. My Girls Aloud tickets were delivered far too close to the gig for my liking.