Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not sure if that makes The Prodigy more likely or not but both if their 2024 headliners played Glastonbury. Fatboy does anyway but Bicep AV Chromeo too

Screenshot_20241022_123534_Facebook.jpg

My thought about the Prodigy is they have been active for the last 2 Glastonbury's - Why did they not play then.  

Kind of feel with Fred A probably headlining and Chase & Status looking pretty likely - there might be capacity of mega sized dance acts next year. 

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

is it just me or are some of these tour dates

A - coming out well early - for gigs that in Sept and onwards next year

B - more of them seem to just name the city and not the venue 

This is standard to be honest

36 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Not sure if that makes The Prodigy more likely or not but both if their 2024 headliners played Glastonbury. Fatboy does anyway but Bicep AV Chromeo too

Screenshot_20241022_123534_Facebook.jpg

No real link - just shows they are active next year

FBS plays every year and Bicep are every other to begin with

53 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

My thought about the Prodigy is they have been active for the last 2 Glastonbury's - Why did they not play then.  

Kind of feel with Fred A probably headlining and Chase & Status looking pretty likely - there might be capacity of mega sized dance acts next year. 

It may just be they've followed the money while it's working for them. Without Keith, if they do Glastonbury then a sh*t load of people have got the chance to see them who otherwise might not kinda thing. I was going to say they might not want to not headline but they didn't headline Reading as such, they just played a new large stage last.

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

is it just me or are some of these tour dates

A - coming out well early - for gigs that in Sept and onwards next year

B - more of them seem to just name the city and not the venue 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

This is standard to be honest

No real link - just shows they are active next year

FBS plays every year and Bicep are every other to begin with

It's normal for big outdoor gigs & stadiums  but the medium and smaller sized venues is new. I saw someone involved in one of the venues  talking about it on youtube (couldn't find it sorry)

Basically because of the cost of living/greed crisis they are skint so an easy situation is to bring  ticket sales forward to get some cash I  the bank. 

Previously they would agree the gig and then plot the strategic plan on when to launch tickets. He was saying now they have to push and push to the green light to put tickets out there just to get cash rolling in to keep the venue ticking over.

Weirdly  noticed tickets for some academy venues are now comming out further before the event than mega stadium gigs- its definitely a change in the scene management dynamic. 

Some of us are old enough to remember buying tickets on the door lol

Edited by AVALON.G
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

It's normal for big outdoor gigs & stadiums  but the medium and smaller sized venues is new. I saw someone involved in one of the venues  talking about it on youtube (couldn't find it sorry)

Basically because of the cost of living/greed crisis they are skint so an easy situation is to bring  ticket sales forward to get some cash I  the bank. 

Previously they would agree the gig and then plot the strategic plan on when to launch tickets. He was saying now they have to push and push to the green light to put tickets out there just to get cash rolling in to keep the venue ticking over.

Weirdly  noticed tickets for some academy venues are now coming out further before the event than mega stadium gigs- its definitely a change in the scene management dynamic. 

Some of us are old enough to remember buying tickets on the door lol

Makes sense,  Hopefully the big venues kicking down a percentage to the small ones goes though as a law.