Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, sedra said:

Didn’t Snow Patrol headline Latitude recently? 

Now you pointed it out, pretty sure it was only a couple of years ago. If I remember right, I think  that Ed Sheeran came out and done some numbers with them. Seems odd to bring them back again so soon.

3 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Very interesting, surely they will do more than just a one off gig here?! Doesnt say exclusive on the poster.

Yeah this will be the first of many

2 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Tend to agree but not sure i want to gamble on that!! 

Don't buy straight away, there's no way it will sell out. If it was exclusive they would be advertising it 🙂 

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah this will be the first of many

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Don't buy straight away, there's no way it will sell out. If it was exclusive they would be advertising it 🙂 

it is to be fair. it's the first show back on the socials announcement and website, so there wont be anything before this one. I'm sure there will be after though.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

20241028_092810.jpg

Be amazed if he's not back.

42 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

image.thumb.png.10991140660e46144af4217b1faacf71.png

Ooh now that has put the thoughts up, that's the best set of headliners I can remember for my liking. That's a very good set of headliners for me. I think that puts Snow Patrol in an expected Glastonbury Keane slot....don't think they put then on the park. I don't know from complete history bit I know Glastonbury won't get all 3 so that's Sting out.

35 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Ooh now that has put the thoughts up, that's the best set of headliners I can remember for my liking. That's a very good set of headliners for me. I think that puts Snow Patrol in an expected Glastonbury Keane slot....don't think they put then on the park. I don't know from complete history bit I know Glastonbury won't get all 3 so that's Sting out.

Probably the only person i have seen today who likes this lol

Snow Patrol a very tired booking for Latitude

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Sod it i had access the the amex presale so took the plunge, if they do other decent gigs i'll just go to them aswell! 

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Probably the only person i have seen today who likes this lol

Snow Patrol a very tired booking for Latitude

Yes me too lol, a friend of mine thinks it's alright. But then Latitude is usually not booked for me. On reflection, Fatboy and Snow Patrol should be on one day with a different headliner too.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I honestly didn't think they were big enough to get a booking like this.

There is a weird dynamic where an act goes away and can grow or shrink in popularity while they acts inactive, which is pretty hard to call.

but I think in the Maccabees quit at a time when there stock was highest and was on an upward trajectory so it stands to reason that they would come back more popular than when they signed off.    But yeah this is a bigger jump than I was expecting.

Edited by Ben7amin_

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

There is a weird dynamic where an act goes away and can grow or shrink in popularity while they acts inactive, which is pretty hard to call.

but I think in the Maccabees quit at a time when there stock was highest and was on an upward trajectory so it stands to reason that they would come back more popular than when they signed off.    But yeah this is a bigger jump than I was expecting.

Agree, certainly called time on it at their highest point much to the disappointment of fans so makes total sense they have come back bigger. I am very pleasantly surprised they are even reforming at this point! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Agree, certainly called time on it at their highest point much to the disappointment of fans so makes total sense they have come back bigger. I am very pleasantly surprised they are even reforming at this point! 

Oh yeah - Some of the solo stuff is fine -  but its no where the same level -   It was so weird as I went to the farewell tour that seemed to happen straight after the final album - and a few of my mates had literally just gotten into them with Marks to prove it. 

Personally I think Given to the wild is a solid 10/10 album and deserves much more credit than it gets - hopefully the return can get it into a few more peoples ears 

• Like 1