Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

14 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Is Roadmender good as a venue? Heard mixed things.

I've only been once back in February of this year. Didn't have any major complaints - sound was good, crowd was up for it (too up for it given Frank Turner had to stop a song due to some antics going on), and got in/out without too much hassle.

Maybe others haven't had it so lucky.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2023 at 5:49 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Foo Fighters announcing some UK live dates soon. Wonder if that’ll be after their gigs in Germany in June? 

Interesting. I guess logically it wouldn't be that long of a hop.

Have Foos confirmed who the new drummer is?

On 5/12/2023 at 5:51 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

According to @JoeyT they are booked into a hotel in Bristol around the festival dates 

... wait, what?

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. I guess logically it wouldn't be that long of a hop.

Have Foos confirmed who the new drummer is?

... wait, what?

No confirmation from what I've seen but there's been a lot of speculation over it being Rufus Taylor from The Darkness. I have questions if so.

Genesis Owusu is playing Heaven, London on November 15th. new album out in August. his show at the Underworld is by far the sweatiest, most entertaining show i’ve been to in recent memory. feel like big things are coming his way 

8 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Genesis Owusu is playing Heaven, London on November 15th. new album out in August. his show at the Underworld is by far the sweatiest, most entertaining show i’ve been to in recent memory. feel like big things are coming his way 

Goddamnit I hate when acts just do a single London date. Saw him at Primavera last year play early doors to a small and hungover crowd and he was fantastic and quickly had everybody dancing so keen to see him again soon, and stoked for the new album. Hopefully a bigger tour is to come further down the line. 

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Party time 

IMG_4807.jpeg

Did not know how big Polo and Pan were in the US, wow

Portola is certainly here to stay - shame it costs like 500$ + san francisco accom

Would love a Portola (insert european city) to come along

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Did not know how big Polo and Pan were in the US, wow

Portola is certainly here to stay - shame it costs like 500$ + san francisco accom

Would love a Portola (insert european city) to come along

Sad thing is that  it was supposed to say Aphex Twin instead of Eric Prydz at the top of saturday. 

33 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Blimey for a US festival that's pretty cheap.

It is. Its only £ 260 right now after fees. Might end up at 300 at some point cause of tiered pricing but still a good value. Also september is a very cheap month to fly out to chicago domestically or international. 

On 5/17/2023 at 8:47 PM, Fozzeebear said:

Looks like Foo Fighters are lining up some UK dates...

https://store.on-repeat.co.uk/collections/foo-fighters

On this note, Foo Fighters have just confirmed Josh Freese as their new drummer.

Guy has previously played with Nine Inch Nails, Guns N Roses, Paramore, Weezer and Sting and played with FF at one of the Taylor Hawkins memorial shows last year. So that answers the question of what the hell they do.

12 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.png.8a4ad0be18c5083d33e76d4cec190b41.png

Will this appeal to anyone else here...? All I know is I am in 100%. Nuno remains the #1 guitarist of all time in my book.

I'm out of the country or I would have an interest. Saw The Last Internationale years ago supporting somebody else I think.

Living Colour, now that's a blast from the past!