Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

34 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The first headliners have been announced for next year's Kew The Music.

Headlining Kew Gardens in London will be MIKA on July 9, Passenger on July 11 and JLS on July 12. Tickets go on general sale at 10am on November 3.

Reckon at least 2 of the 3 end up on seat filling sites.

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

On Sting as well, apart from Weller, he is by far the biggest act to play the Forest Shows and a majority of them have accepted slots 3rd and lower. Personally, even if he wants a sub, give it to him mixing it up a bit.

I was just considering the 'established' acts that do the Forest gigs include Weller and Elbow are at best sub acts, though Elbow were third down in 22. I'd put Sting third down.

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

I was just considering the 'established' acts that do the Forest gigs include Weller and Elbow are at best sub acts, though Elbow were third down in 22. I'd put Sting third down.

I don't think at all it's a case of Sting has to play the Legend slot and he couldn't play a slot that's been used similarly but not the same height Saturday. If the bloke is willing to do Forest Shows, he doesn't consider his ego that high. If he is offered 1hr 15 Saturday evening, it's not an ego slot. 

Elbow are nowhere near a sub act surely these days. 

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Has anyone talked about the PJ Harvey Gunnersbury Park show with Big Thief supporting?

Polly Jean and Big Thief is a pretty epic billing. Will try for a ticket maybe nearer the time. 
Reckon EOTR / Green Man might get one or both of those.

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Was surprised they weren’t on the bill last year. Reckon they’ll be nailed on this year. Earlier set at The Park would be brilliant

I don't think she did a lot in the summer tbf - did 2 small shows then opened for label-mates 1975 at Finsbury, and that was kinda it.

The setlist.fm history page hints that Japanese House has never actually done Glastonbury. I don't know if that's 100% true, so, maybe the time has come for such a visit.