Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Coop app/Ticketmaster is a load of crap for Macca, just an almost blank screen so you didnt really know if you were in queue or the system had frozen, no mention of being in the queue or what place you were in the queue, so wasnt sure what to do. Eventually got onto a Ticketmaseter ticket looking page but again screen mostly blank with part of the screen hidden so you couldnt actually do anything to buy tickets anyway

I just got for the O2. They're bloody expensive (£183 all in, I've never spent anything close to that on a concert), but it's probably now or never - I've seen him a couple of times but not for 15 years or so, and it's probably my son's only chance to see a Beatle. And I can probably sell them if I'm regretful.

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Coop app/Ticketmaster is a load of crap for Macca, just an almost blank screen so you didnt really know if you were in queue or the system had frozen, no mention of being in the queue or what place you were in the queue, so wasnt sure what to do. Eventually got onto a Ticketmaseter ticket looking page but again screen mostly blank with part of the screen hidden so you couldnt actually do anything to buy tickets anyway

yeah that's what I got, though never left it on the blank queue page long enough to get to any other type of page. What a mess

12 minutes ago, Looother said:

I just got for the O2. They're bloody expensive (£183 all in, I've never spent anything close to that on a concert), but it's probably now or never - I've seen him a couple of times but not for 15 years or so, and it's probably my son's only chance to see a Beatle. And I can probably sell them if I'm regretful.

Jeez, was that the cheapest tickets they do? Was going to take the family of four to see him, not sure I will bother with those prices!

I've been trying for ages this morning for Macca tickets and am now in a Ticketmaster queue.  Err do I need some sort of o2 (?) presale code though?  In the unlikely event I get to the stage if being able to buy tickets ?  All clues appreciated..

53 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've been trying but it just wasn't working. did you get a blank queue page or an actual queue number?

Yes, went straight to a queue indicator , I was about 2900.

I tried the artist pre sale link and was 21000 ish, so went back to Co Op quickly. 

7 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Jeez, was that the cheapest tickets they do? Was going to take the family of four to see him, not sure I will bother with those prices!

There are definitely cheaper tickets (mine are in B1) but the difference between my seats and others in the back of the arena in the upper tier was only £25 or so. I never saw the cheapest category of tickets so don't know how much they are.

50 minutes ago, Looother said:

There are definitely cheaper tickets (mine are in B1) but the difference between my seats and others in the back of the arena in the upper tier was only £25 or so. I never saw the cheapest category of tickets so don't know how much they are.

I somehow managed to get Floor B2 on the artists presale for Manchester, a fair bit after they'd supposedly sold out, for the same price as you. As you say, the cost difference was not that much compared to some seats much further away, and there are "Platinum" packages for £350+ in the upper tier available now which is nowhere near as good. 

Wasn't going to get them unless the quality of the seat made it worth paying, and I think being near the front of the floor counts as that! What row did you get in B1?

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I somehow managed to get Floor B2 on the artists presale for Manchester, a fair bit after they'd supposedly sold out, for the same price as you. As you say, the cost difference was not that much compared to some seats much further away, and there are "Platinum" packages for £350+ in the upper tier available now which is nowhere near as good. 

Wasn't going to get them unless the quality of the seat made it worth paying, and I think being near the front of the floor counts as that! What row did you get in B1?

I'm in row F, so the 28th row by my count. Quite central. Not perfect but pretty decent.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:04 PM, Dark Star said:

It serves PJ and their promoters/management right. This is the first EU tour organised since they had a new tour manager take over. 
They decided to go with much higher pricing this time, bringing (after exchange rates factored in) the entry cost to a PJ gig to the same for UK/EU/USA/AUS/NZ but not factoring in that the costs of living in all of these places are very different. 
For the Tottenham Stadium gig, Ten Club tickets were offered at £185.00 for front circle standing or good side seats, or £157.00 for everywhere else. General sale brought dynamic pricing into play on the best tickets, and many of those remain above the initial price. 
Tickets in the south stand failed to move... TM have tried their usual tricks of removing whole blocks from sale to make it look like demand is there, prices have dropped £125, £95, £91, £63, and now £49. These tickets aren't selling because the casuals who might have gone were put off by original prices, or already have tickets for Green Day on the same day, or tickets to other stadium shows announced before. 
PJ also released over 1000 tickets for Manchester the other day, I believe this may still be one of the gigs being run at 15k capacity rather than full arena. There are loads of tickets left for Berlin and both nights in Barcelona also due to pricing. 

There's been a lot of excess pricing - Muse's tour last year was extremely pricey compared to even their previous run in 2019, while there's been the note of The Black Keys cancelling a US arena tour where nearly entire venues were unsold. I feel like a lot of acts have decided to just have management ramp up prices for this year and are finding sales to be much slower. Kings of Leon are selling very slowly, while I think even The Killers, who sold out a 12 date UK stadium tour 2 years ago, aren't selling out a run of 6 nights at London O2 next month. Maybe this crunch has just been coming for a while, and PJ is one of the more extreme examples given how batshit insane their pricing is.

Like you say, there'll be people seeing other gigs in London weekend after next and kinda just stuffed themselves, to the point where you ponder if they should've just put them at the cheaper price to begin with.

Edited by charlierc

39 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I don't think they are

I'm pretty certain they are, as I nearly bought 2. Lowest price tickets were just over 100 quid, apart from accessible ones which were 65 for one and the second ticket was 0 as it is for an essential companion. I'd check that before main sale, hope I'm wrong for you.

Had a stressful hour at work attempting to get Macca O2 tickets. Was in the waiting room forever and when I finally did get through, it was showing only upper tier tickets, and when you clicked on them they were clearly sold out. I clicked the ‘select tickets’ button a number of times in the hope of some showing again, assuming some people wouldn’t proceed with purchases. It then assumed I was a bot and kicked me out FFS. Whatever device I tried I got the same message. I then switched off WiFi, and managed to get back in and bag a few tickets. Upper tier (wanted middle), but row E so not too far up. Big relief 😅

I may try for better tickets on Friday, but if not these will do ok. Nice Airbnb booked for Greenwich too, so no faffing about on bloody boats after the gig

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

I'm pretty certain they are, as I nearly bought 2. Lowest price tickets were just over 100 quid, apart from accessible ones which were 65 for one and the second ticket was 0 as it is for an essential companion. I'd check that before main sale, hope I'm wrong for you.

I checked and its price level 4 and its seats in the middle off block 310. I was 700 in the queue. There was a £35 tickets as well, but I think you have to hold up the ventilation system during the show. 

• Like 1

Heilung playing a couple of shows next year, just checked O2 Priority for the Brixton show and it's £77 for standing, not sure if I am completely misjudging the size of them but that feels crazy for a Brixton size show even in the current world of crazy prices

There‘s some talk over on reddit about QOTSA adding some UK dates soon after their commitments with Download are fulfilled now. There‘s been an ad on Facebook saying Some more for you soon! 🇬🇧

Not sure if generated adversiting gone wrong or a genuine teaser.

Anyone heard something? Some rumors or insights?

7 hours ago, panda97 said:

Heilung playing a couple of shows next year, just checked O2 Priority for the Brixton show and it's £77 for standing, not sure if I am completely misjudging the size of them but that feels crazy for a Brixton size show even in the current world of crazy prices

Yeah I was expecting maybe £50ish but £75 for them seems nuts, but suppose it makes more sense when you realise the amount of band members and the size of the production they put on. They’ve completely passed me by until recently but seems they’ve built up quite the fanbase and seem to be getting glowing reviews from their recent festival sets, but that said, I expect there will be cheap tickets on twickets for these nearer the time.