Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Definitely you. I have bought tickets for the temple newsum gig today but with ticket insurance to cover my arse a bit incase multi options of them announce something south of the country. I don't envisage that as I don't see that lineup selling anywhere other than where it is even as strong as it is. But none of them I remember reading were exclusive in anyway and Razorlight are already doing a different show further south I believe announced a few days before that. 

We got Leeds tickets too, it'll be so good!

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

We got Leeds tickets too, it'll be so good!

I still had a TM voucher from a birthday expiring end of this month so that gig has come along just right. £1 dearer than see but I can deal with that for £50 off. I hadn't seen a gig, even Papa Roach where I wanted to commit so much to it. Can't justify close to £70 for them although I have to get to Leeds still.

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I still had a TM voucher from a birthday expiring end of this month so that gig has come along just right. £1 dearer than see but I can deal with that for £50 off. I hadn't seen a gig, even Papa Roach where I wanted to commit so much to it. Can't justify close to £70 for them although I have to get to Leeds still.

I wouldn't have even considered it if it wasn't advertised that the supports would be doing their albums in full too, all of which I liked and remind me of being at uni in Leeds, plus I like The Coral too. I justified that I'd get to £50-60 anyway if We Are Scientists and The Cribs individually announced anniversary tours for those albums (and have to go into a city for both of those too), so with 3 other bands on top as a bonus it's pretty good.

53 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

That Wombats tour looks... ambitious. 

Tempted by the Hydro because of Everything Everything as support but will depend on price. 

They've done an arena tour before, "All the Hits" back in 2022. Was at the O2 Arena show, standing sold out (obviously), upper seat were closed, but lower seats were decently full. Don't see them selling out many (if any) of the venues, but don't think it's that ambitious. One of those bands that falls a bit in between arenas and academies. Price will be the big factor, hoping it's around £60 for standing, because if they creep up towards £80 think they will struggle to shift tickets.  

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I wouldn't have even considered it if it wasn't advertised that the supports would be doing their albums in full too, all of which I liked and remind me of being at uni in Leeds, plus I like The Coral too. I justified that I'd get to £50-60 anyway if We Are Scientists and The Cribs individually announced anniversary tours for those albums (and have to go into a city for both of those too), so with 3 other bands on top as a bonus it's pretty good.

I've got a hotel close enough by. The headliners aren't my favourite but the 4 previous acts do everything for me.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Bearded knocked it out the park again.

1810458208_Screenshot_20241011_120139_YahooMail.thumb.jpg.19254f84158599e4b7730782e84fc6fd.jpg

It's slam dunk weekend but only 3/4 acts on there for me. I reckon Nova Twins and Ash are food chances for Glastonbury though Nova Twins are also a good options for Download. 

Edited by northernangel

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Disturbed are going to bring the, The Sickness anniversary with greatest hits tour to the UK. If they bring Three Days Grace too that's be awesome.

Has that been confirmed? If Cold Chisel can confirm they'll actually leave Australia for me, then that'd be great too.

5 hours ago, WFD said:

Friday 15 November and Saturday 15 November being next to each other confused me at first, I have to admit.

That is almost certainly going to catch people out one way or the other.

58 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Has that been confirmed? If Cold Chisel can confirm they'll actually leave Australia for me, then that'd be great too.

Yeah it popped up on my phone UK dates to follow the one's announced. They are another band I love for their earlier stuff but they've not really made a quality album in 20 years for me. Nothing that didn't just sound like a repetition of another album while they try to go more mainstream and it not not working. Some bands just aren't for the mainstream.

While I will admit they have sold tickets to bigger yours obviously since those first few albums, many people will jump on any tour from any band but that doesn't make them superior for me. Had Download not had 4 days and needed to cater the cost of Metallica twice for their anniversary, no way do I think Distubed actually sub. The issue though is with how they arrange Download now, the sub is essentially playing where the 3rd down band would be.

Does anyone have any tips on buying tickets on DICE when they go on sale for an overly popular gig, please?

eg. is there a queue system to get into, or just refreshing and luck?

Only used them for easy-to-get tickets so far.

Edited by fantomas